Laverna

Goddess of thieves
Best answers
Known Aliases
Ferret
Brat
Bonnie Parker
Bon park
Laverna sighed deeply as she woke up in her dorm at Stoney harbor. Her brain felt empty and numb.

“Not again,”. She muttered as she stared at the ceiling.

She has tried for whole five years to bury her inner demons.

Forcing herself to stand up when her whole existence became a void.

That's one of the hardest things she has to go through.

It's true, she was luckier than some of her peers. However material possessions could not help her.

When you own the whole world and still feel like the bottom-most rung. That's exactly how she would describe her situation.

She checked her alarm clock. “2:03 am,”. She said in a monotonous way.

Normally, when she woke up so early in the morning, everyone would have never been the wiser.

However, the fact that the mental illness of hers starting to eat her sanity alive. She knew not to stay alone with her less than lively thoughts.

Picking up her phone, She dialed the one woman who saved her from them the most.

“Sister,” she said in an emotional sound.

“Ferret? It's late, what's going on?” the comforting voice on the other end picked up.

The inner demons revealed themselves as she spoke to her big sister.

“It is happening again, It is building. Help, me.” Laverna’s voice croaked.

Now an emotion built up a reaction. Despair, Laverna’s unfortunate mental poison of choice. Next to Villainizing, that is.

“You don't have to help me,” she paused.

“I am coming to talk to you face to face. Give me, Time to get there.”

Carmen replied as she began to be concerned for the young lady who needed her most of all.

Carmen sighed slipping her hair back in a ponytail as she got out of bed. The messy hair was the least of her concerns.

“Stay on the phone, “. She ordered as she put it on speakerphone.

“Mhm,” Laverna muttered back as she glared at her reflection

Her green eyes were dull and lost their mischievous spark.

“That’s how I looked when I joined, I was Dead.” She thought out loud

She wasn’t being sarcastic. Legally, she wasn’t alive and could only exist within vile and acme which was nice enough to adopt her sort of speak.

“You are alive and never was deceased, little one, cut that out,” The comforting and concerned voice interjected
over the phone.

“Legally I am,”. The dead girl argued as she imagined herself wearing bloodied ratty pajamas.

“That was Charlet, you are like a Phoenix you rose from the ashes and became Laverna the goddess of thieves.” Carmen confidentiality tries to reason as she arrives in front of the dorm’s wooden door.

Feeding someone’s ego was rarely a good idea, however, Sometimes people need to be reminded of who they are.

Laverna trembled as she opened the door.

“Good morning, boss.” She said faking her normal optimism.

“Morning, Laverna, “. The greeting was successfully returned and received.

Being pulled into a bear hug by the World’s greatest thief is a rare opportunity.

“You are no longer without a family, you are mine” that statement was whispered in her ears.

Warmth and safety still felt oddly offensive to laverna.

She grew up on the streets after her mother’s death. And that wasn’t a childhood for her to be proud of.

Child protective services hunted her for years and never prevailed.

It would of been easier, if she had given herself up to foster care.

Although, she would of never became her true self if she had.

“I just don’t want to live on the streets again, “. She sighed

“Well acme and vile both keep a light on for you, “. Carmen teased although telling the truth

“Stop bringing that I’m a double agent up, it’s actually complicated and I don’t even understand how that happened.” Laverna protested

Carmen backed off and smirked

“You done something, no one else has done,”. Carmen explained with a soft smile on her tanned face.

“What?” Laverna asked now filled with a new emotion called curiosity.

“You became another Carmen Sandiego.” She teased while patting her little sister on her head.

“Ugh, affection.” Laverna groaned while secretly wishing for more of it.

“Actually, I need it. Please continue.” She begged making Carmen laugh.

Eventually and not unexpectedly. They ended up sleeping side by side on the small twin bed.

Laverna felt safer in carmen’s embrace than anywhere else in the world.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Is everyone ready for the solar eclipse on April 8th, 2024? :)
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader:
    yes
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Affirmative
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I’m staying inside
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just found a wolf spider in my house. :D
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    one of the GOOD spiders you want around because they eat all the really bad bugs in the house. We put them outside :)
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know there are over 400 species of parrots in the world??
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know David Attenborough was knighted twice? First in 1985, and again in 2002
    • Wow
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Jade and Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    @Lucy ... don't know if you really want wolf spiders in your home... I'd go for jumping spiders, they can't bite... wolf spiders are the fast movers, and they can bite.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    And, jumpers are cute
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((Will lose my ACP internet towards the end of the month, unless anyone knows about it ending sooner. Trying to switch my Lifeline phone to a better provider that doesn't shut me off after four and a half gigs of data, nothing but failure so far and "call here" and "it's on their end" and the back and forth crap... in the morning, it's time to demand the supervisor and might even get to harsh language (after three days of that). I plan to use the Lifeline phone tethered as Internet source, share that to my own router... I've done it before (it's messy, and not 100% effective, but it works). ))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((The 'net is the main way to apply for jobs now, so I need that, and I've moved/changed Lifeline providers before without an issue, so no idea what the problem is. I have active Verizon through ACP, active Lifeline through Airtalk... is that somehow the issue? If anyone knows, please let me know before I tear someone a new one (ya know what I mean). After three days of this, and two days about a month ago, I'm ready to walk there with katana in hand.))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the phone I have (Samsung Galaxy S9... gotten for free through Airtalk... note to anyone: if you choose a nice phone through them, you are locked into a 120 day "commitment" to get the phone for free, and they have a very hard data limit... once you use up your data, they cut you off, point blank.))
    Quote Link
    Jon Eckart Jon Eckart: ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the...