Laverna

Goddess of thieves
Best answers
Known Aliases
Ferret
Brat
Bonnie Parker
Bon park
Detective Sandiego was researching in her office, when the telephone rang loudly, disrupting her intense study of gemstones. "Ugh, who could be bothering me now?" she thought as she begrudgingly picked up the phone. People never called her personal line, since she didn't have any friends. Her curiosity was piqued when the man on the other end spoke with the thickest Indian accent she'd ever heard, claiming to be from the SFPD.

"Hello ma'am, we've got a warrant for your arrest unless you pay us fifty grand and give us your Social Security number." Carmen rolled her eyes so hard she thought they'd get stuck that way. "Sir, what am I being arrested for?" She asked, though she was certain his answer would have her in stitches.

"Drug trafficking," he replied without missing a beat. Carmen snorted her coffee clear out her nose, which burned like the devil but was totally worth it for the laugh. The idea of girl Detective Sandiego in a drug cartel was absolutely preposterous.

"Sir, I'm not comfortable sharing any personal information with you, especially since I'm pretty sure you're full of baloney." Carmen was fighting to hold in her laughter as he continued demanding her bank Deets.

"You've reached ACME Detective Agency. I think you've got the wrong number, buddy. Let me transfer you to our fraud department where they'll have a field day with you." With that, Carmen gleefully hung up on the scam artist, chuckling to herself about the ridiculous situation.

Carmen shook her head of the image of her dealing drugs or even being arrested. She was a law-abiding citizen, after all. Maelstrom had called her a thief a few weeks ago and now the image of her in handcuffs clouded her mind whenever a similar occurrence appeared.

She took off her handcuffs from her belt and playfully wrapped them around her wrists. "That should stop me from turning evil," she chuckled until she realized the key was missing. Uh oh, this was going to be awkward to explain

Jade

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jade
Color #
0099FF
What a great story you wrote, Laverna, each member like me should beware of scammers because they want something from anyone especially you and me...just simply hang up the phone and online delete the e-mail message or send that e-mail message to the Better Business Bureau to stop whoever did this [especially snail mail as well just throw it away or send to the Better Business Bureau by mail too] and if anyone's lucky activated an anti-virus system to protect self from scammers online.

Last edited:

Laverna

Goddess of thieves
Best answers
Known Aliases
Ferret
Brat
Bonnie Parker
Bon park
What a great story you wrote, Laverna, each member like me should beware of scammers because they want something from anyone especially you and me...just simply hang up the phone and online delete the e-mail message or send that e-mail message to the Better Business Bureau to stop whoever did this [especially snail mail as well just throw it away or send to the Better Business Bureau by mail too] and if anyone's lucky activated an anti-virus system to protect self from scammers online.
It's meant to be a comedy piece. Parodying the calls, some scammers made to a police captain that went viral .

Jade

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jade
Color #
0099FF
It's meant to be a comedy piece. Parodying the calls, some scammers made to a police captain that went viral .
Comedy?!?! I didn't even laugh, Laverna, it was serious to me, sorry, I didn't want to make you upset over this.

Laverna

Goddess of thieves
Best answers
Known Aliases
Ferret
Brat
Bonnie Parker
Bon park
Comedy?!?! I didn't even laugh, Laverna, it was serious to me, sorry, I didn't want to make you upset over this.
That's because you're autistic. Please reread how Carmen is reacting. Is she upset, or is she goofing around? Clues to comedy. She snorted out her coffee, She accidentally lost the Keys. to her handcuffs, locking herself in. The way she's laughing throughout the story. Her eyerolling and being annoyed at the caller.

She's described as gleeful in this story because she finds the idea of her being accused of being a drug dealer amusing. She finds the concept of being an alleged criminal amusing, which is foreshadowing.
She arrests herself at the end to not turn evil :D

rhe reference

Last edited:

Jade

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jade
Color #
0099FF
That's because you're autistic.
Borderline autistic, Laverna, I also reread still didn't make me laugh and I watch that YouTube posted it still not laughing and the police captain's right about never giving out any information whatsoever.

Laverna

Goddess of thieves
Best answers
Known Aliases
Ferret
Brat
Bonnie Parker
Bon park
Borderline autistic, Laverna, I also reread still didn't make me laugh and I watch that YouTube posted it still not laughing and the police captain's right about never giving out any information whatsoever.
((There is no such thing as borderline autism nowadays. They switched to categorizing everyone as just autistic a while ago I There are functioning levels, but that's also hated in the community and aspergers was removed as a diagnosis.)) The majority finds the story funny. Which is 8 to 10 different . Tenchi and Polly are two of these people. Just because it's not funny to you doesn't make it not comedy for others. Please be mindful of the writer’s intentions.

Last edited:

Jade

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jade
Color #
0099FF
((There is no such thing as borderline autism nowadays. They switched to categorizing everyone as just autistic a while ago I There are functioning levels but that's also hated in the community and aspergers was removed as a diagnosis.)) Look, I'm not in the mood as I hate having to explain myself and every piece I do. I am actually appearing at a higher functioning level than you. Everyone else finds the story funny. Which is 8 to 10 different people laughing. You're not always correct about everything. Tenchi and Polly are two of these people. Just because it's not funny to you doesn't make it not comedy for others. Please be mindful of the writer’s intentions.

I personally think Carmen is being trapped in handcuffs on her own mishap amusing. I was trying to write a realistic teenage Carmen.

I don't write stories that are psas or warnings. I write based on reality and things I find interesting
*Jade's expressionless face with a downcast sweat realizes Laverna's right about the writer's intentions but still feels so left out with a cautious expression*

Laverna

Goddess of thieves
Best answers
Known Aliases
Ferret
Brat
Bonnie Parker
Bon park
*Jade's expressionless face with a downcast sweat realizes Laverna's right about the writer's intentions but still feels so left out with a cautious expression*
Look, I don't like arguing as it takes a lot out of me. But we are very different breeds of autism

Jade

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jade
Color #
0099FF
Look, I don't like arguing as it takes a lot out of me. But we are very different breeds of autism
Understand, Laverna, I've got it from someone in my family ever since was I was born in which I can't tell no one about which of my family members has it.

Laverna

Goddess of thieves
Best answers
Known Aliases
Ferret
Brat
Bonnie Parker
Bon park
Understand, Laverna, I've got it from someone in my family ever since was I was born in which I can't tell no one about which of my family members has it.
Well, duh, it's genetic. *cleans my nails with a pocket knife*

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Lucy Lucy: Q: What does a Mermaid use to wash her hair? A: Tide
    • Haha
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki