Q & A AMA - Claire Yeon

Patty

Valkyrie
Known Aliases
Patt, Patts, Petite, Amber Cecelia Argos, Valkyrie
Color #
8d8844
omg Claire, loves your answers!
You said your friends growing up wanted you to do their homework. Did you not have a best friend or someone you shared secrets with?

Known Aliases
Clairity, the Avant Guardian
Color #
120A8F
I like your logic.

Renaissance -- If you could collect art from only one master, whom would it be and why?
I had a feeling that you, of all people, might understand. I hope the application of logic works out as well for you as it did for me.

In regards to your actual question: I would sell my soul to possess the complete collection of Johannes Vermeer. I have always valued quality over quantity, and each of Vermeer's surviving works is of exceptional quality. Beyond his ability to capture light and shadow, I particularly admire the way he took ordinary things - a man reading a map, a woman reading a letter, a girl with a pearl earring - and made them extraordinary. Each piece of his is a glimpse into the past not only as it was, but as it was meant to be.

omg Claire, loves your answers!
You said your friends growing up wanted you to do their homework. Did you not have a best friend or someone you shared secrets with?
Not particularly, no. Secrets hardly remain such if they are bandied about. That being said, I had expectations of my "friends" right back. I did their homework, as long as they made sure I was not bothered on my way between classes. It was a fair trade. If a relationship is not mutually beneficial, it is in need of serious reevaluation.

Known Aliases
Clairity, the Avant Guardian
Color #
120A8F
I like Vermeer too, but part of me still thinks he's overrated. However, he's Baroque, and I know you're just testing me... so my question still stands on which Renaissance artist you would collect.
Forgive me. The hour is late, and the wine flows freely. Let us then say Leonardo da Vinci. Did ever a man who truly embodied the Renaissance walk among mortals? Few among named figures throughout history are worthy to be mentioned in the same breath as him.

Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
Forgive me. The hour is late, and the wine flows freely. Let us then say Leonardo da Vinci. Did ever a man who truly embodied the Renaissance walk among mortals? Few among named figures throughout history are worthy to be mentioned in the same breath as him.
Excellent answer. You have a taste for clarity. For me, it's Caravaggio for Baroque and Michelangelo for Renaissance. I think you can see where I stand in terms of the battle between light and dark.

If you could recommend a budding art curator to study from one museum, which would you suggest?

Status Updates

Omar wrote on Shada Steele's profile.
Oh, a fellow parkour junkie. I think this might be fun, no matter what side you end up going with.
Charlet wrote on Shada Steele's profile.
Yay my big sister
Chase wrote on Contessa's profile.
I find it suspicious that all the 'Happy Birthday Contessa' wishes are coming from ACME agents...

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
    Victorique Victorique: Morning!