ACME ACME office pranks

Jon Eckart

ACME detective
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jon, Jonny, J (single letter), JE (pronounced 'G')
Color #
00A885
((Feel free to add at any point throughout this topic any pranks you feel are office appropriate, and if you use someone else's name, get permission if you please))

About four months after starting at the Agency, I decided to prank a random agent. Once I figured out who it would be, I got a bag of balloons and a small tank of helium and some hoses, along with a special string-actuated valve. I waited until everyone went home for the day, and removed a big mess of tubing and a small tank from my backpack, and set about working on the person’s desk.
The tank went in the biggest drawer, and the nest of tubes ran to each drawer with a balloon on each one, and the trigger string was tied to the chair. I had crunched the numbers and made sure there was just enough helium to fill the balloons.
The next day, the Agent came in, powered up their computer, went to get their morning coffee, and came back to sit down. When the Agent came back and went to sit down, they triggered the valve, and by the time they went to open a drawer, the balloons were filled just enough to let the drawer open before the balloons inflated too much. Once they were fully inflated, they disconnected from the tubing and floated to the ceiling or were stuck in the drawer.
The Agent thought it was funny, and the prank became the talk of the office for the rest of the day. The Agent gave the balloons to another Agent who had children. The Director heard about it, and was at first annoyed that someone had messed with someone’s desk, but the longer he thought about it, the more he realized that it was a harmless prank, though he promised himself he would keep an eye out for any further pranks.
Several days later, another group of Agents came back from a big case, and I decided to prank this latest group. This time, I planted a small bowl of water in the bottom drawer and suspended a sealed chuck of dry ice above the bowl with the string that would drop the dry ice tied to the chair. They had a good laugh over that one, the prank even got a chuckle out of the Director.

Last edited:

Jon Eckart

ACME detective
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jon, Jonny, J (single letter), JE (pronounced 'G')
Color #
00A885
((OOC: The following has been read and is approved by Chase))

It started about seven months after seeing agents coming back from long cases, and even though they were glad to be back at the Agency, they were tired and beat, and depending on how the mission went (if anyone was injured or lost), there were very few smiles, and no laughter. And, of course, to try and introduce some humor,
I started working on it one night after everyone else had left; first, I got detailed pictures before doing anything. At first, it was just two, and not a very far move. Had to clear everything off and from inside it for two desks, and mine also. I had checked and there were not any cameras watching the desks, so as long as nobody walked by and it seemingly happened to me, nobody should be the wiser. I also knew from my Evidence Gathering course about not leaving any fingerprints or anything identifiable, so everything was done wearing a clean room suit and gloves. The first try at it went well, and it was chaos when the agents got to their desks in the morning. I sat back and did my job for a week following that, all the while planning. I drew up a map of where each person’s desk was, plotting the next move. I set the plan in motion eight days after.
The second wave involved a dozen desks, randomly chosen, with my desk getting swapped to the middle of the office space. The floor was abuzz with theories about what was happening. It was accepted that it was another Agent, but nobody had any evidence. A few Agents found it funny, while some were annoyed with the prank, and a few were just mad about it, taking the issue to Director Devineaux.
The third wave rearranged all the desks in the opposite direction, with half the desks being moved around, with my desk getting moved across the room. Also, a random two desks had their monitors flipped up-side down without it being noticeable until they were turned on; I took the frame apart and flipped the LCD panel only. The next day, everyone helped everyone else turn their desks around and move everything back to where it should be, and the I.T department replaced the two up-side down monitors.
The fourth wave, over a month later, required picking the lock on Director Devineaux’s office door and moving his desk three doors down along with everything from his office including his name plate, and moving a secretary’s desk into Chase’s office along with her nameplate, along with half the desks on the floor getting randomly moved in all odd directions. When the agents got in the next day, it was chaos. A few thought it was funny; Director Devineaux was not as amused. The secretary was the most mad about it. A few Agents were asked to help move the secretaries and Director’s offices back to their proper places.
Shortly after the Director’s desk was moved, the I.T department installed cameras around the office, and there was a meeting held about pranking other Agents; we were told that totally harmless pranks are okay as long as they don’t interfere with the Agents jobs, but pranks that take hours to clean up are against office policy and will result in disciplinary action for the Agent found responsible.
Not long after the meeting, the Agents in the office started pointing fingers at each other, and I had to participate without really incriminating anyone or myself. The Crime Labs and the Evidence lab team were both brought in when nobody could solve it, and they did not find anything, so the issue was dropped, though the I.T department brought in another person to scrub through the footage daily; the cameras were motion activated, so it would show anything right away.

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Is everyone ready for the solar eclipse on April 8th, 2024? :)
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader:
    yes
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Affirmative
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I’m staying inside
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just found a wolf spider in my house. :D
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    one of the GOOD spiders you want around because they eat all the really bad bugs in the house. We put them outside :)
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know there are over 400 species of parrots in the world??
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know David Attenborough was knighted twice? First in 1985, and again in 2002
    • Wow
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Jade and Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    @Lucy ... don't know if you really want wolf spiders in your home... I'd go for jumping spiders, they can't bite... wolf spiders are the fast movers, and they can bite.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    And, jumpers are cute
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((Will lose my ACP internet towards the end of the month, unless anyone knows about it ending sooner. Trying to switch my Lifeline phone to a better provider that doesn't shut me off after four and a half gigs of data, nothing but failure so far and "call here" and "it's on their end" and the back and forth crap... in the morning, it's time to demand the supervisor and might even get to harsh language (after three days of that). I plan to use the Lifeline phone tethered as Internet source, share that to my own router... I've done it before (it's messy, and not 100% effective, but it works). ))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((The 'net is the main way to apply for jobs now, so I need that, and I've moved/changed Lifeline providers before without an issue, so no idea what the problem is. I have active Verizon through ACP, active Lifeline through Airtalk... is that somehow the issue? If anyone knows, please let me know before I tear someone a new one (ya know what I mean). After three days of this, and two days about a month ago, I'm ready to walk there with katana in hand.))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the phone I have (Samsung Galaxy S9... gotten for free through Airtalk... note to anyone: if you choose a nice phone through them, you are locked into a 120 day "commitment" to get the phone for free, and they have a very hard data limit... once you use up your data, they cut you off, point blank.))
    Quote Link
    Jon Eckart Jon Eckart: ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the...