The Great Trans Syberian Adventure (Movie Trailer for upcoming story)

Tenchi Masaki

ACME Ace Detective, Inventor
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Tenko(don't ask), Kami Jack, Guy Smart, Tenten
Color #
*It is snowing outside during mid afternoon in a Russian city under siege by VILE operatives. Various Propaganda orders the masses to hail the Vile City Girls. At rebel headquarters A little rebel girl named Kisa asks to hear a bedtime story before nap time*

Galina tucked Kisa into her bed and said, “Long ago, a young girl went with her mother to pick berries for her father who was hard at work but the forest greeted them with a dark cold silence and the bushes empty. Yet determined to find the berries the child broke free of the mother’s grasp and vanished into the trees. Mothers cries faded fast as the girl ran on over vine under branch, and into the forest deep…” The air was softened by the scents of her chamomile and apple blossom potpourri as the gentle woman wove a spell of recollection around the children as she spoke. It’s just a local tale is all my darlings but I want you to listen well. The Porta-Camp was quite well equipped for campfire stories, even ones told inside to help a little one fall asleep. It even created silhouette holograms to visualize things as Galina spoke.

As the girl continued it was as if the leaves had come loose from their branches and closed around her swirling, and swept her into the treetops to be carried away to another part of the forest. She could hear her mother no more and though she cried out she heard no response. Curiously though she was not afraid as in the old days things were a lot gloomier than they were now. She felt she could be there for ages thinking about the world and hearing the wisdom of the trees whispering on the wind. It might have been that the girl didn’t feel at home among people. And now among the forest she could not falter as those before her had. They believed the lies told to them and when in the real world could not handle the truth and were trapped in the forest never to return.

The mother and daughter only entered the forest as they had no choice. The bounty of the land was kept from the people by their leaders and only if the people believed what they said would they get all they wanted. The girls father refused to accept the leaders offer and chose to work hard and face the world, but the people began to shun those who refused their leaders wisdom. Those people were now ignored mostly but they didn’t notice as they were focused on more important things like being self reliant. This pleased the forest as it loved to take people away as they could no longer even do simple things. The forest was feared by the people as they had to think in order to find their way through it and if they could not, they were lost in it forever.

It was said in this land once anyone could traverse the woods but the people decided those were merely stories. No one they said could possibly go into and out of the forest they would be surely lost. Yet the mother and girl had always gone into the forest just not as far as the girl had gone. She found there was no obstacle she could not simply jump over or crawl under, and this led her to a house in the forest deep. Fenced in it was and would always turn from the girl as she tried to go round it, for this was the house of Baba Yaga. The girl knew of the witch and how to enter the house for her parents had warned her. But the people had forgotten of her as they no longer valued thinking for themselves and only wanted to hear what their leaders told them.

The girl was no fool and knew not to say the spell that would keep the house still. Once she was done skipping and playing she left the house to go back. An owl who watched her spoke, “Who! My girl you truly are no fool, your parents will surely be proud.” The girl looked to the branches above and saw the wisest of birds. The Owl told her, “Baba Yaga is fear my child and you should be afraid.” The girl replied, I only know caution and it does not know fear and if Baba Yaga is fear then I do not know her either.” The Owl was happy to meet such a wise girl and said to her, “I happen to know where your mother is child and I shall return you to her, though if you should meet Baba Yaga on your travels know she likes diligent girls such as yourself.”

The Owl flew away and as it did the girl was swept away back to her mother strangely when the girl looked down she realized she was holding a basket full of berries and cheeses. The girl remarked it must have been Baba Yaga mother she likes diligent girls. From that day forward the mother and girl received a basket full of food brought by swan geese every week for the forest is wise and knew what would happen. The people grew jealous of the girls parents as they were blamed for the food. The leaders had said only those who heeded their words would get food, but the girl and her family received more than anyone who listened to them. And as jealous people tend to do they grew angry and confronted the girl. They demanded to know where the food came from only for the girl to tell them her grandmother Baba Yaga provided it.

She said her grandmother was mean but liked diligent girls and so gave her family baskets of food. Furious and foolish were these people as before they would not dare enter the forest, but driven by their anger and jealousy they would now go in. They would find this Baba Yaga and demand she obey or die. Having forgotten the old ways they cared not of caution and were full of fear of their leaders. Upon hearing of this grandmother the leaders too were enraged as they made it clear no one could be fed without their permission. And so they would sally forth from their castle to lead the people into the forest and see this Baba Yaga.

As no one would be left in the town but the girl and her parents they ordered them to keep watch over the castle and town until their return. And thus away they marched into the forest deep they travelled but they only went a short distance before they came across a house on legs. They had failed even the simplest obstacles in the woods and a Owl who had been watching appeared before them. It told them that this was Baba Yaga’s house and that they should be very afraid. The leaders responded by telling the Owl they would not fear an old woman and would demand she stop feeding exceptional people. The Owl told them it mattered not for they did not know the spell to stop the house from spinning. The leaders smiling did in fact know the spell for they knew things the people did not.

They thought it was a myth but here was the house that turned on its legs so they would say the spell to make it stop. After all they were many and did not need caution or fear. After chanting the spell the house did indeed stop and they were able to see a woman emerge from the home. The leaders ordered her to stop feeding those they had not considered useful especially her granddaughter. Baba Yaga said, “Oh really? I had no idea my granddaughter had so many enemies. She truly is a wise, diligent, and exceptional girl to frighten so many fools.” Saying these words further angered the crowd of people gathered there as no one who was exceptional or diligent could ever be wise. Only those who did as they were told were to be wise and only for as long as their leaders said they were.

Yet there were those in the crowd that noticed the leaves had surrounded the area around the house almost as if they were alive and watching the meeting. The people started trying to get through the leaves but to no avail they were trapped there as the leaves like a pulsating wall pushed them away. The leaders demanded to know what was going on and to be told the way back to town.

This was quite funny to Baba Yaga as they had not realized her fence was made of human bones and what that must imply. The Owl said aloud these were foolish people and had failed all obstacles set before them and so the forest immediately brought them to you. Baba Yaga hearing this responded in a voice that echoed through every leave and blade of grass in the forest. Let the forest have them then, they are far too foolish for my ovens. Your people were in a time long past were very wise and used their knowledge to banish me once upon a time to these woods. I was tethered here and as long as your kingdom kept the old ways I could not leave. Now that I know you have fallen I shall once again ride my mortar as I did long ago! For you however a fate far worse awaits. You shall all remain here as those you left behind inherit your kingdom for when fools venture forth to ruin only the wise that remained are left to rule the land.

And yet here you are ordering me yet your leaders will command the forest to obey and it will not. The forest only serves those who are wise and I only care about ones who are diligent. So I’m afraid if you are neither, the forest will simply devour you as it is not what you think it is. It takes in the foolish and they never come out of it. The Owl is the forests voice, the trees its bones, and the leaves are its mouth and hands and unlike that sweet child, you have failed his test so good day to you. We shall not meet again. Baba Yaga rose into the sky on her mortar and flew off but the people were not so fortunate. They ran terrified but no matter where they ran the forest was there. And one by one they were swallowed up by the tree leaves which were all around them beneath and above.

As for the girl she was now a princess and with her father the king and her mother the queen. They had inherited the castle and now magic swan geese would deliver bountiful baskets of berries and cheeses to their subjects. They were overjoyed to be free of their old leaders and were happy to be hard working and exceptional people once more. And so they all lived happily ever after. THE END.

Tenchi Masaki

Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Color #
*Story subject to change*

This is a riff on movie trailers that immerse you in a story world without revealing the story itself. It introduces the characters Galina and Kisa two rebels resisting the forces of the Vile City Girls

Last edited:

Claire Avalon

Writer
Best answers
Known Aliases
Violet Nowak
Claire Nowak
Color #
%2365000
Stalking your content re: your comment on my depiction of Lee. This reminds me so much of the story at the beginning of resident evil 8. Love the description:)

Tenchi Masaki

Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Color #
I think you meant the short story trailer concept I did where Galina tells a story to Kisa. There were certain trailers that were unnecessarily artsy and had nothing to do with the movie plot itself. But it would introduce characters that would be in the movie in supporting roles.

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((So... is it me or does the board not process double-space between sentences as double-space? Kinda bugs me, but I'll live))
    Quote Link
  • I :
    Guest invaderhorizongreen has joined the room.
  • I (Guest) invaderhorizongreen:
    Deric Storm said:
    Invader, have you checked your spam folder. Sometimes, I've had password reset emails go in there
    yes I have checked spam nothing
    Quote Link
    I even have the site white listed, for a wild shot can any of you post a new question in the guessing game I had set up
    Quote Link
    I would like to see if that will get my email to ping
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
    I know that might just be a shot in the dark but why not try
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Sure why not?
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I hope you get it fixed Invader!!
    Reactions: Jade
    Quote Link
  • Dj Inn(Djinn) :
    Dj Inn(Djinn) has left the room.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Good Morning everybody. I hope you all have a wonderful day :)
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know a group of Jellyfish is called a Smack? -Nat Geo
    Quote Link
    Smack O’ jellies is now a term
    • Haha
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((OOC: So, I am still here (at least, while ACP is still a thing, then I have to tether my phone to my laptop, send it's internet to Ethernet to my router and setup my other laptop to access that... I managed it once totally by accident)... updating stuff I'm working on is not a fun process (if anyone checks my stories folder on my Google Drive) anymore... the laptop at my desk is old (Core 2 Duo, 2Ghz, 4 gigs RAM, Win7 Ultimate)... Chrome won't update, Drive won't work... I'm stuck using FreeFileSync to keep stuff up to datep things synced. I have plans of getting a job and having money to have something better (a doorstop is better)
    • Love
    Reactions: Julie Justice
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    [continuing] I'm sorry if any of my posts are/could be inflammatory or anything... some of them are stuff I've had in the pipeline for a while, and I messed with it enough to get it postable... that's why there are dates showing when I started working on stuff... I'm not, and never have been, trying to step on anyone's toes or say "this is how it should be"... I have no say here, not sure who does these days (like I posted... maybe this is a test to see if we devolve into chaos). Posts like Hierarchy were started long ago, and meant as a guideline and not because I'm the voice of Sauron.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    [continuing] I don't have the time to be here a whole lot, I don't have much beyond mom to help with my rent (and once I have a job, that'll take up more time, though I will keep working on stuff (both for here and not) as often as possible, and post when possible on here. I have a question that needs some clarification... being that we are supposed to get permission from the person if we use their character in an addition/story/post, how would that apply if the character is core to the universe (like Carmen... I can replace @Chase, maybe cobble someone into @Ivy's place... but, like @Carmen, being that she's a major character, as long as I don't have her acting or write a major part for her, would that circumvent the rule at all?
    • Love
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    [continuing] I'm just curious... the absence of the major's leaves a gap that I'm not sure what to do with anything... we (the Left Behind) could do a story together (or some stories separate), and that'd be cool, but without being able to use any major's, I'm not sure where to take anything. And, yeah... you can probably guess what my typing is like here (or anyplace else)... I type here or in Word, I type something (or notepad), and 15-20+ seconds later it shows up, so I have to stay on top of my grammar and spelling. I have to keep on top of all that, because I'm working on the big Carmen story at the same time, so I can't slip off my game.))
    • Love
    Quote Link
  • Julie Justice Julie Justice:
    @Jon Eckart Not exactly sure if I understand all your computer probs. I hope you get those resolved soon. Yes, I have many probs with my basic Google Chrome, too. I think it's fair to say we all have a love/hate relationship with technology. 😆 As far as your stories are concerned, you can use any cannon character you like, whether there is a person playing that role on here or not. Say the story is a fanfiction; and that the version of Chase, or Carmen (or whoever) from the computer games, gameshow (or whatever). We don't do Netflix Carmen, mostly because of the violence. And because it is fanfiction, you can also create other characters and situations to suit your story. Now, Chase, Carme, Ivy (or whoever) were here, of course, you would ask their permission; tell them your idea; and if they like it they might write it with you. 🙂
    Quote Link
    @Jon Eckart Now, if you for a friendship with someone on--and off-site, you might form a partnership with them, and write stories together (like Chase and Carmen; or Chase and Ivy; or Lucy and I) and then you will just put a statement saying that this story is a co-write with whoever. In fact, if you collaborate with this person a lot, people will just assume they have your permission; although you should always say it anyway, just as a common courtesy. In fact, ironically, the only people whose permission you must always ask to use their characters are "original" characters, who are creations of their individual writers (which most of us on here, are) specifically because we are not cannon. I hope that makes sense. 🙂
    Quote Link
    @Jon Eckart Now, if you want to write something, but don't have a lot of time, I would suggest posting a status; or replying to someone else's status. Or you could start a guessing game. Look under Forums/Guessing Games, and look at some things other people have done, to give you ideas. I hope that helps. 🙂
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know that the Mockingbird is the state bird of 5 states? Florida, Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Texas.
    Quote Link
    It seems the Mock-5 is unstoppable... Go Speed Go!
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just heard on the news they're going to have to remove the Sakura trees in Washington because of damage to a sea wall. They have to build a sea wall and replant new trees.
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    They were a gift from the mayor of Tokyo!
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Okay wait. Only 158 of the 2,500 have to be taken down. They are also taking clippings from the cut down trees to propagate new ones
    Quote Link
    Lucy Lucy: Okay wait. Only 158 of the 2,500 have to be taken down. They are also taking clippings from the...