Recent content by Claire Avalon

  1. Claire Avalon

    Going Home Again

    I'm glad to hear feedback from anyone! I would hate to trigger or offend any of you. If there is anything more I can do to give fair warnings about sensitive topics, please let me know:)
  2. Claire Avalon

    Going Home Again

    Full chapter posted from beginning, same trigger warnings apply. Tell me if the flashback mid-chapter is jarring. I'm not sure I like it, but I want some background on Claire and Joe's history before I feed him to the wolves. I could start with the flashback and put the other two scenes...
  3. Claire Avalon

    Going Home Again

    That's why I post in journals and marked this story for adult themes. I'm trying to keep things as subtle as possible. I don't think this chapter is more violent than some of what I've discussed so far, but I certainly don't plan on being gratuitous with trauma. If anyone ever feels like this...
  4. Claire Avalon

    Going Home Again

    Half chapter, rest to come: Trigger warning for sexual harassment and brief implied references to various crimes. Nothing is described in any detail. Part I Claire was standing now, thanks to her freed ankles, attempting to regain some dignity and play the offense. Lee laughed maniacally as...
  5. Claire Avalon

    Open Quote of the Week

    "I never done good things, I never done bad things, I never did anything out of the blue." -David Bowie, Ashes to Ashes
  6. Claire Avalon

    Really thinking the Retribution episode played down the stakes of those submersibles Maelstrom...

    Really thinking the Retribution episode played down the stakes of those submersibles Maelstrom sent down to get the titanic right about now😂
  7. Claire Avalon

    Both characters are so emotionally stilted and suspicious, so I like the idea of them dancing...

    Both characters are so emotionally stilted and suspicious, so I like the idea of them dancing around the truth because a confirmation feels too intimate but debunking a relationship feels too heartbreaking. So keeping things in limbo is more comfortable for both. I think I’ll end it with...
  8. Claire Avalon

    Sorry to be MIA for so long. I’m working on chapters. As I worked on the ending I realized I...

    Sorry to be MIA for so long. I’m working on chapters. As I worked on the ending I realized I don’t necessarily want to confirm a biological connection between Claire and Carmen. We obviously never get canonical confirmation that she’s related to Avalon, so technically test would need to be...
  9. Claire Avalon

    I feel the same way, I got Mable as a kitten. Her urn is a lovey wood box with her name but I...

    I feel the same way, I got Mable as a kitten. Her urn is a lovey wood box with her name but I often end up carrying the urn around with me and even falling asleep holding it, so I might look for something without such sharp edges. Although maybe I shouldn’t be enabling myself…
  10. Claire Avalon

    @Julie Justice I am so so very sorry for your loss! I know how much you must be hurting. I know...

    @Julie Justice I am so so very sorry for your loss! I know how much you must be hurting. I know I'm still so deep in grief and it feels like the whole world is just moving around me. I have my Mable's ashes too and I'm so glad I sprung for the expense. I couldn't stand the thought of not...
  11. Claire Avalon

    Going Home Again

    Chapter XIV “Old Habits” When Claire woke for the second time, she was in a smaller room, untied, lying atop a crumpled tarp that did nothing to protect her from the unforgiving chill of the floor. Her throat and lungs were sore and strained. How much time had passed, she wondered? Claire...
  12. Claire Avalon

    thank you, Lucy<3

    thank you, Lucy<3
  13. Claire Avalon

    It's been one week since we had to help my sweet cat Mable leave this world after 16.5 years...

    It's been one week since we had to help my sweet cat Mable leave this world after 16.5 years. I've never known grief like this.
  14. Claire Avalon

    Going Home Again

    Chapter XIII "Sinker" [Content warning for potentially triggering content and strong language as this chapter incorporates the Lee Jordan segment posted earlier in this thread, with a few edits] Claire left her father’s room and strode down the hallway. The hiss of the overhead lights...
  15. Claire Avalon

    Open Dream Cast

    That makes me so happy, I’d kill to hear him talk about what the behind the scenes of the show was like.
Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Does anyone know whether Patty or Joe might eventually pick up again? I kind of liked their P.O.V. :)
    Quote Link
  • Jade Jade:
    Same with Carmen, Chase, Ivy, Zack, Lee Jordan and the other canon and/or non-canon characters [well, except for myself, you and the rest],@Lucy.
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I'm one of the rare active ones
    • Like
    Reactions: Jade
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    . Guys meet Yuki
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    This fanfic series is good it's disablity awareness Stories
    Quote Link
  • Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Was just thinking, when someone says think outside the box....why does it have to be a box? Why can't it be anything you want? Like a closet? Or a door? Hehe
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    But also....why does there have to be a box at all?
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Okay this might need to become a topic....here's one step further..."Why are we assuming thinking has an “inside” and an “outside” at all?"
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Why did we decide creativity requires escaping from something? Why do so many of our metaphors for creativity imply that ordinary thinking is a restriction?
    Quote Link
  • Victorique Victorique:
    It's because it hinges on the idea that everyone wants to be ordinary (aka "normal") and that being anything other should be punishable socially. It stems from imperial modes of thinking that harm people not white-cis-straight-abled-perisex-etc because the idea of normal is centred on "some guy"-isms
    • Like
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    . Who likes my drawing of honey senpai
    • Like
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Deric Storm Deric Storm:
    Lucy said:
    Why did we decide creativity requires escaping from something? Why do so many of our metaphors for creativity imply that ordinary thinking is a restriction?
    Because creativity is also associated with freedom
    • Love
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • L :
    Guest LavernaS has joined the room.
  • L (Guest) LavernaS:
    Hey I lost access to here. My email is messlingkiddo2@Gmail.com if you want to reach me
    • Like
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Laverna I'm sure the admin could fix that :) maybe
    Quote Link
  • Charlet Charlet:
    I'm. Back in
    Quote Link
  • Charlet Charlet:
    Well as charlet
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    yay you got back in :)
    Quote Link
    Lucy Lucy: yay you got back in :)
    Top