Recent content by Sophie

  1. Sophie

    Waterfall, Creature, Adventure, Bright, Wings

    Oh, bright adventure Betwixt waterfalls of wings Higher, creature, fly!
  2. Sophie

    Ah, how lovely! I will certainly think of you when I use that candle! Would you like some apple pie?

    Ah, how lovely! I will certainly think of you when I use that candle! Would you like some apple pie?
  3. Sophie

    Thank you, Jade. I hope you enjoy your bar of chocolate as much as I will enjoy this gift!

    Thank you, Jade. I hope you enjoy your bar of chocolate as much as I will enjoy this gift!
  4. Sophie

    What is this I hear about me being on vacation...?

    What is this I hear about me being on vacation...?
  5. Sophie

    [Chat Log] Nov-Dec 2019

    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, everyone!
  6. Sophie

    Open Quote of the Week

    Today’s quote comes from Rita Levi-Montalcini who, in 1986, won the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for the discovery of Nerve Growth Factors (NGF).
  7. Sophie

    [Chat Log] Nov-Dec 2019

    You saw no one, Director.
  8. Sophie

    Open Quote of the Week

    The first woman, the first black and Asian American to be elected to the office of the Vice President of the United States, Kamala Harris, once said: Therefore, remember to never let the capacity of others hold you back.
  9. Sophie

    ?

    ?
  10. Sophie

    Open Quote of the Week

    This week, I bring you encouragement from the only scientist to be awarded the Nobel prize twice, in two separate fields of science. She conceptualised radioactivity and discovered the elements polonium and radium. Thus, I wish for you a spirit of perseverance and confidence this blue moon.
  11. Sophie

    Open Quote of the Week

    Henceforth, I shall be doing a series of quotes by women... and shall begin with our time's most illustrious professional tennis player, Serena Williams, who said: Keep well As you recover
  12. Sophie

    [Chat Log] April-May 2019

    Alas, it didn’t work. We still laugh about it, Lee.
  13. Sophie

    [Chat Log] April-May 2019

    I think it was just an excuse to get his shirt off because we had the new interns in that week and there was a rather beautiful blonde.
  14. Sophie

    [Chat Log] April-May 2019

    Oh, he ran into the AMC once, screaming for medical attention... because his nipples were “sunburnt”. They were not.
  15. Sophie

    [Chat Log] April-May 2019

    Greetings, Pilot-boy. Director. Rogue.
Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Was just thinking, when someone says think outside the box....why does it have to be a box? Why can't it be anything you want? Like a closet? Or a door? Hehe
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    But also....why does there have to be a box at all?
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Okay this might need to become a topic....here's one step further..."Why are we assuming thinking has an “inside” and an “outside” at all?"
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Why did we decide creativity requires escaping from something? Why do so many of our metaphors for creativity imply that ordinary thinking is a restriction?
    Quote Link
  • Victorique Victorique:
    It's because it hinges on the idea that everyone wants to be ordinary (aka "normal") and that being anything other should be punishable socially. It stems from imperial modes of thinking that harm people not white-cis-straight-abled-perisex-etc because the idea of normal is centred on "some guy"-isms
    • Like
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    . Who likes my drawing of honey senpai
    • Like
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Deric Storm Deric Storm:
    Lucy said:
    Why did we decide creativity requires escaping from something? Why do so many of our metaphors for creativity imply that ordinary thinking is a restriction?
    Because creativity is also associated with freedom
    • Love
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • L :
    Guest LavernaS has joined the room.
  • L (Guest) LavernaS:
    Hey I lost access to here. My email is messlingkiddo2@Gmail.com if you want to reach me
    • Like
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Laverna I'm sure the admin could fix that :) maybe
    Quote Link
  • Charlet Charlet:
    I'm. Back in
    Quote Link
  • Charlet Charlet:
    Well as charlet
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    yay you got back in :)
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    but also....is @Tenchi Masaki doing okay? :(
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Well yes actually. I was sick(lost my voice) and now I'm better and on vacation @Lucy
    • Love
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    This has been bugging me for days.... what is with the military/ ACME and the acronyms?
    Quote Link
  • Deric Storm Deric Storm:
    IDK. WDYM
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I rest my case, your honor.
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    ACME were peacekeepers in the world wars
    • Wow
    Reactions: Jade
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I must have either forgotten something again with my horrible memory problems or not seen that part of the site. Tenchi :D
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Unrelated question....are political questions allowed? Also really confused why people keep calling the U.S. a democracy when we are supposed to be a Republic....
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Sorry....noted. no political questions sorry again...
    Quote Link
  • Deric Storm Deric Storm:
    Lucy said:
    Unrelated question....are political questions allowed? Also really confused why people keep calling the U.S. a democracy when we are supposed to be a Republic....
    Define "political questions". Also, we are a constitutional Republic with Democratically elected representation. I will argue until my dying day that the greatest thing the Founding Fathers created was the Electoral College
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Such as why the heckin do they not teach us civics anymore? Is it really because of the hippies?
    Quote Link
    Lucy Lucy: Such as why the heckin do they not teach us civics anymore? Is it really because of the hippies?
    Top