Recent content by Ann Tickwittee

  1. Ann Tickwittee

    Open Carnival

    With normally uncharacteristic swiftness, Ann snatched at the Band, furious green eyes glaring into the blond woman's. She tugged and tried to wrench the artifact from the Contessa, but the archaeologist could not bring herself to risk damaging the treasure. "How could you?" she seethed. "Let...
  2. Ann Tickwittee

    Open Carnival

    "It's a pleasure to meet you as well," the anthropologist responded with the most reserved of smiles. "Indeed, I am American." That there was any doubt about that somewhat flattered Ann. A green-haired woman suddenly inserted herself into their conversational dabbling, interjecting with rather...
  3. Ann Tickwittee

    Q & A Green Eggs and Hamlet

    Typically, I simply eat a bowl of granola--preferably, homemade. On weekends, I might prepare a more elaborate meal. It can range from omelets to crêpes, muffins to stir-fry of some variety. It is dependent on mood, I suppose.
  4. Ann Tickwittee

    Closed Tall Glass

    Ann's boots shunted into the sand as she launched towards the campsite. Black hair streaming in her draft, she clomped between tents and trumpeted, "Sandstorm! Everyone, hurry and grab your vital tools and then get inside the plane! Right now!" Rounding the stakes of the medical care shelter...
  5. Ann Tickwittee

    feels sufficiently classy.

    feels sufficiently classy.
  6. Ann Tickwittee

    Closed Country Clubbing

    Ann made herself comfortable in the backseat of the limousine, quickly accustoming herself to the luxurious accommodations. She pulled at her hair briefly to confirm that it would retain its flow, and made sure that her necklace pendant was tucked beneath the neck of her dress. She then turned...
  7. Ann Tickwittee

    Country Clubbing

    Ann posted a new thread: Country Clubbing Read more of this thread...
  8. Ann Tickwittee

    Closed Country Clubbing

    Ann Tickwittee eyed her reflection as she stroked her hair with a curling iron, applying fluid waves to her normally straightened threads. It signified an occasion of notable importance, as she rarely went to such pains to fix her black locks in this particularly elegant manner. Once satisfied...
  9. Ann Tickwittee

    Q & A Bedtime Routine

    (This post will read IC, but please keep this knowledge strictly OOC.) Typically, I floss and brush my teeth following dinner and soak my hair so I can shape it without too much hassle in the morning. Then I dress in my nightclothes: silk boy shorts/boxers and a sleeveless Hello Kitty top. I...
  10. Ann Tickwittee

    Open Carnival

    Ann shook her head with minimal motion as she responded. "No, I don't believe we've had the opportunity, unless you have frequented the museums of Cairo or San Jose." She offered a repressed smile, allowing her eyes to momentarily flit around the room in an attempt to locate one of the agents...
  11. Ann Tickwittee

    blinks.

    blinks.
  12. Ann Tickwittee

    Tall Glass

    @Spring-Heeled Jack and I will be writing the sandstorm post soon. Stay tuned, and hold on to your hats!
  13. Ann Tickwittee

    Closed Tall Glass

    Ann was quite aware of the less-than-professional way the pilot and commentator had operated on the dead airplane, though word had somehow eluded her when it came to the subject of the looted dog tag. Nevertheless, she was secretly excited to investigate the interior of the aircraft. Every...
  14. Ann Tickwittee

    Q & A Seven Days

    All of my students should be aware of my Academy schedule by now. But for the rest of you, here is the time table. {tbody} {tr} {td} M - W - F {/td} {td=left} T - R {/td} {/tr} {tr} {td}08:00 - 08:55 Class (Anthropology II - Fall semester) (World Civilization I - Spring semester) {/td}...
  15. Ann Tickwittee

    Tall Glass

    This is your last call to post something for RP Day 1 of our thread. I'll give everyone two days to write something before I whir things overnight and initiate Day 2.
Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Laverna Laverna:
    This fanfic series is good it's disablity awareness Stories
    Quote Link
  • Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Was just thinking, when someone says think outside the box....why does it have to be a box? Why can't it be anything you want? Like a closet? Or a door? Hehe
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    But also....why does there have to be a box at all?
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Okay this might need to become a topic....here's one step further..."Why are we assuming thinking has an “inside” and an “outside” at all?"
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Why did we decide creativity requires escaping from something? Why do so many of our metaphors for creativity imply that ordinary thinking is a restriction?
    Quote Link
  • Victorique Victorique:
    It's because it hinges on the idea that everyone wants to be ordinary (aka "normal") and that being anything other should be punishable socially. It stems from imperial modes of thinking that harm people not white-cis-straight-abled-perisex-etc because the idea of normal is centred on "some guy"-isms
    • Like
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    . Who likes my drawing of honey senpai
    • Like
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Deric Storm Deric Storm:
    Lucy said:
    Why did we decide creativity requires escaping from something? Why do so many of our metaphors for creativity imply that ordinary thinking is a restriction?
    Because creativity is also associated with freedom
    • Love
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • L :
    Guest LavernaS has joined the room.
  • L (Guest) LavernaS:
    Hey I lost access to here. My email is messlingkiddo2@Gmail.com if you want to reach me
    • Like
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Laverna I'm sure the admin could fix that :) maybe
    Quote Link
  • Charlet Charlet:
    I'm. Back in
    Quote Link
  • Charlet Charlet:
    Well as charlet
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    yay you got back in :)
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    but also....is @Tenchi Masaki doing okay? :(
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Well yes actually. I was sick(lost my voice) and now I'm better and on vacation @Lucy
    • Love
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    This has been bugging me for days.... what is with the military/ ACME and the acronyms?
    Quote Link
  • Deric Storm Deric Storm:
    IDK. WDYM
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I rest my case, your honor.
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    ACME were peacekeepers in the world wars
    • Wow
    Reactions: Jade
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I must have either forgotten something again with my horrible memory problems or not seen that part of the site. Tenchi :D
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Unrelated question....are political questions allowed? Also really confused why people keep calling the U.S. a democracy when we are supposed to be a Republic....
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Sorry....noted. no political questions sorry again...
    Quote Link
  • Deric Storm Deric Storm:
    Lucy said:
    Unrelated question....are political questions allowed? Also really confused why people keep calling the U.S. a democracy when we are supposed to be a Republic....
    Define "political questions". Also, we are a constitutional Republic with Democratically elected representation. I will argue until my dying day that the greatest thing the Founding Fathers created was the Electoral College
    • Like
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
    Deric Storm Deric Storm: Unrelated question....are political questions allowed? Also really confused why people keep...
    • Like
    Reactions: Lucy
    Top