Open Gifts & Things 2015

Discussion in 'Idle Things' started by Chase, Dec 25, 2015.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 11 users.
  1. Chase

Chase Director

Director of Operations
    Color #:
    I think this post was supposed to be called 'Secret Santa' but we're open this year, so here's the thread to gift exchange (or just gift) to your assigned individual or anyone in general.

Happy Holidays!

2. Ivy

Ivy Commander

Commander
    Color #:
    Merry Christmas @Deric Storm!

Here's something for your two favorite activities in Neutral Grounds: Sleeping and watching the game.

acdn.hiconsumption.com_wp_content_uploads_2012_12_Pillow_Remote_Control.jpg

Jade, Julie Justice, Joe Kerr and 4 others like this.
  3. Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr V.I.L.E. Agent

VILE Agent, Part-Time Security Consultant
    Color #:
    8a2be2
    Joyeux Noel, Dr Roux.
    Saw this little curio in a Vegas Pawn Shop. I thought you might get a kick out of it. It's an antique Doctor's kit. Not sure how much of it is still functional, but it sure makes a great display piece.

alh3.googleusercontent.com__wsLk1J1QjAw_Vn0K0poStgI_AAAAAAAAAS1946376b70a3880facda07e8c3fcef42.jpg

4. Eugene

Eugene Airfield Staff

Flight Instructor
    Color #:
    In celebration of one of your more popular pastimes, Dr. Conrad...
    pie and pastery bible.jpg

Merry Christmas, @Sophie Conrad.

5. Zack

Zack Agent

Bunker Boy
    Color #:
    To @Flag I present to thee, FLAGS OF THE WORLD in analog format for your education into our earthly ways.

aecx.images_amazon.com_images_I_51dpAix_2BEdL._SX288_BO1_204_203_200_.jpg

6. Zack

Zack Agent

Bunker Boy
    Color #:
    @Invader, Merry Christmas! I got you this Ghost Buster's pinball machine.
    agameroomjunkies.com_wp_content_uploads_2012_09_GJ_Ghostbusters1.jpg

And to @Jade, I've upgraded your ACME Padphone with the last Zack-atack system to help you catch criminals even faster! Happy Holidays!

7. Invader

Invader Writer

AWOL
    Color #:
    0000FF
    To Everyone A stocking full of candy and little goodies.

awww.stapostle.org_wp_content_uploads_2015_11_christmas_stockings.jpg

8. Kid Kidman

Kid Kidman V.I.L.E. Agent

Currently named Neb Ulyss
    Color #:
    323E4F
    We VILE geniuses rigged this up a few years back to distract guard dogs with meat. Now you can use it to distract yourself! Merry Xmas, Zack!

9. Flag

Flag V.I.L.E. Agent

Color #:
    Stone Harbor wasn't a place that Flag liked to visit often. While the people that ran the place were his associates, there were just too many of them. People were uncomfortable. The resources that they provided, however, were useful and something that he needed now.

Courtesy dictated that they check in at the theater upon arrival and this was where he found himself now. Much to his surprise, it was empty save for a couple of underlings that generally haunted the place.

They were huddled around an array of boxes and giggling wildly. Before he knew it, he was towering over them, spying at their antics with an inadvertent curiosity.

"We're sending a Christmas package to ACME."

One of his eyebrows shot up. "Why?"

"Because they keep us employed."

The minion that had not spoke previously jabbed the other with her elbow. "No moron. We keep them employed. They keep us entertained."

"Oh. Right." The first girl giggled. "Whatever. This is for fun. You want to add something?" She smiled up at Flag.

He made a noise at the idea and walked off. Sending a present to their enemies was ridiculous and the fact that they were being non-ironic about it was even more so.

Perhaps this was why the fact that he started pondering on what he would add to the box was so strange. Before he even knew it, he was entertaining the idea of a contribution. What would he give who? The one agent that he respected in previous lives seemed to have answered a second calling instead and was out of the picture.

The only other person that he knew at ACME was the director and the idea of sending him a present was cringeworthy at best...

.. but there was a certain allure to it.

He found himself in the theater's abandoned gift shop. It had been picked over and ransacked many times and he wasn't sure why he was even making an effort to look over the piles left behind.

"Blah."

Flag turned around to head out and passed a rack that held greeting cards and small journals. He backtracked and allowed his eyes to land on a medium sized Moleskine™ notebook, which he pulled off the shelf and flipped through.

The pages and smooth black cover were completely blank. It was unintentionally perfect.

The truth was that he didn't think much of Chase Devereaux. With all of the various adjustments to the timeline that everyone suffered unknowingly, he was the only one that didn't change in the slightest. While everyone else followed their gut instincts and bettered themselves, he remained solid as a rock.

A book full of empty pages reflected that sentiment. Of course there was always the chance that the director would use the book and fill the pages, but that was satisfying in another way. Whatever he did with it, he'd be working with parameters that Flag defined. In a weird sort of way, he would have complete control over a tiny part of the man's life.

He peeled off any labels that would differentiate the journal from its generic counterparts around the world and left the gift shop to give it to the girls. "Make sure this gets to the director."

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v298_dragonmun_20151224_230919.jpg

10. Acton Roux

Acton Roux V.I.L.E. Agent

Color #:
    awww.rauantiques.com_blog_wp_content_uploads_2015_08_30_3930_1.jpg

My gift to Sir @Joe Kerr is a Victorian Gun Cane by Remington. It is an antique, and no longer works, but I am sure we can figure out the mechanisms.

awww.gunblast.com_images_JessHardin_Hideouts_06_CaneRifleAd.jpg

Of course, it comes with the papers!

11. Jade

Jade Writer

Free agent and amateur detective
    Color #:
    0099FF
    Thank you,Zack!

@Carmen: a catalog from Wallaroo Hat Company in Boulder,Colorado so she can find a SPF 50 hat for herself.
    (I got more coming up)

Joe Kerr, Kid Kidman and Chase like this.
  12. Jade

Jade Writer

Color #:
    0099FF
    @Chase: a bottle of cologne oil made of Frankincense from Somalia,Sandalwood from Australia and citrus high notes and there's no alcohol in it.:halo:

@Lee: a small yet tasty Lechon kawali (pork belly) is from a Filipino chef I called in to order earlier I told the chef to charbroiled it.

@Zack: a one-year membership to Bacon of The Month club.
    (Don't worry there's more to come.)

13. Zack

Zack Agent

Bunker Boy
    Color #:
    To @Lee Jordan my greatest foe. I give you the gift of humble pie.

aremnantnewspaper.com_web_media_k2_items_cache_cdb07fe52edfc220cecf3f84017ef78e_XL.jpg

14. Sophie

Sophie Medical Staff

Physician
    Color #:
    86608E
    Dearest Ivy,

Merry Christmas
    and
    Happy New Year!

image.jpeg
    (Black tee-shirt + Ceramic unicorn
    earrings, wrapped in brown paper
    and white cotton string)

With love.

To:
    Invader, Jade, Julie Justice, & Lucy

image.jpeg

Thank you all for staying around.
    Chase gathered the ingredients,
    I did the baking. Please enjoy an
    Earl Grey Chiffon Cake, on us.
    Merry Christmas!

And...
    Zachary,
    Thank you for organising this,
    once again.
    *leaves a $20 voucher for
    Humphry Slocombe*

Take that lovely girl out for
    more ice cream, anytime.​

Jade, Julie Justice, Joe Kerr and 4 others like this.
  15. Chase

Chase Director

Director of Operations
    Color #:
    Year after year, a somewhat secretive gift exchange takes place between VILE and ACME. While Chase Devineaux was always wary of the occasional mishap, he wasn't one to deny a decent ceasefire.

The name he drew this year was Neb's, and in some distant memory, he recalled knowing the girl was in search of something unknown.

aimage.rakuten.co.jp_imore_cabinet_stone_03892377_img61905992.jpg

A bracelet of labradorite beads -- something he had heard from an old Indian healer were stones that promoted mind power for those seeking -- and while he isn't a firm believer, he's seen enough in his day to consider that certain things may aid certain people even if no one else understood.

On his way back from dropping off the gift to the clandestine delivery service, a package for him arrived with a Moleskine tucked inside.

Chase took a pen and promptly filled in the first few pages with plans for a hike early next year:

afarm7.static.flickr.com_6051_6333076876_919a3f7943_z.jpg

Thanks Flag.

16. Jade

Jade Writer

Color #:
    0099FF
    *LOL* Oops why am I laughing at that gift!
    @Kid Kidman: a paint set and a book about landscape painting from Bob Ross' The Joy of Painting.
    @Invader: a combination of carpet sweeper and handy vac with charger no plugs require.
    @Julie Justice and @Lucy each getting a big bar of Hershey's Chocolate Bar,a $500 gift card to Amazon.com and a $500 gift card to Pier 1 Imports.
    @Joe Kerr: a $250 gift card to the Olive Garden.
    (I got a few more gifts coming up)

*Jade tasted the cake* Whoa! That is the first cake I have ever tasted,Chase,Sophie Thanks a million!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
    Julie Justice and Joe Kerr like this.
  17. Eugene

Eugene Airfield Staff

Flight Instructor
    Color #:
    Sometimes you see something that just screams as a perfect fit for someone you know. This is one of those times.
    catch-the-wind-racers-edge-laser-wind-mapping.jpg
    @Chase, a handheld laser wind mapper for use on your boat.

Chase and Julie Justice like this.
  18. Jade

Jade Writer

Color #:
    0099FF
    This is the last Christmas gift from me.

@Ivy: a $25 gift card to Red Robin (I hope she likes the unlimited bottomless steak fries along with her favorite burger and beer that is) *place the gift card in her mailbox*

Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
    Julie Justice likes this.
  19. Deric Storm

Deric Storm Agent

ACME Agent, Academy Instructor
    Deric made his way into the hangar of the ACME-run airfield. He had one errand to run before taking his Christmas vacation. Looking in the office of the head flight instructor, he saw that Eugene was not currently in. Placing the two boxes on his desk, Deric grabbed two pieces of paper and wrote a note on each box.

On the first note, he wrote:

“Merry Christmas, Flyboy. After watching you tinker in our breakroom, I figured you might need this.”

TacFire-3-9x42-illuminated-Sniper-Reticle-Tactical-Rifle-Scope.png

On the second one he wrote:

“If the first gift doesn’t help you protect yourself, this might.” 51vJJbhxnmL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

"Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year.

-Storm”

Julie Justice and Joe Kerr like this.
  20. Lee

Lee Agent

Detective
    Color #:
    Lee's Christmas gift this year was supposed to go to Carmen, but she was so elusive he didn't know where to start. Plus all that weirdness between them over the past few seasons only made gift giving weirder.

So here,

Dear @Carmen, my kinda on again off again nemesis, I know you don't want a gift because you can already steal anything you want, so I figured you'd be ok with me teaching an ACME agent a lesson on moderation and self control,

So I got ZACK a gift!

aep.yimg.com_ay_yhst_76002650168316_bacon_is_meat_candy_bacon_of_the_month_club_11.jpg

A year-long supply BACON subscription, straight to his door! I'm obligating him to a full year of temptations where he'll have to learn to take his meats slowly and on schedule.

Hope you appreciate the idea, Carmen. And @Zack, you can

Julie Justice, Jade, Heather and 2 others like this.