Open New Year RP 2014

Discussion in 'Role Play Test Labs' started by Chase, Dec 25, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 9 users.
  1. Nevon

Nevon Agent

ACME Detective
    Color #:
    6a99a6
    * Nevon reminds any new RPers reading this that he okay'ed Constance's move.

'My Chase-Devineaux-look-alike-tie!' Nevon thought in his head when the punch drenched his shirt and part of the silk tie, 'where am I going to find another Salvatore Ferragamo [look-alike-product]?'

"My tie!" he said out loud, happy that his brain-mouth filter was working perfectly. The shirt would be okay, it was already sort of salmon.

Seeing the girl (@Constance) trying to wipe off the pinkish stain, he stopped her.

"It's okay, I know what to do," grabbing champagne from a nearby waiter, he poured it on himself, "CO2 from the champagne is like baking soda, and white sparkling wine doesn't stain, perfect counter-measure."

Crisis averted.

But now he was soaking.

"Uhm... I'm going to go dry off," he handed the empty champagne flute back to the blond girl, "I'm Nevon Blair, by the way. And after this, I think you owe me your Facebook."

Sophie, Joe Kerr, Evgeni and 2 others like this.
  2. Cali

Cali Agent

Demolitions Expert
    Color #:
    A35C9A
    Cali thought this Russian was funny, but so far all he has been doing is showing his ideas of a good time.

"You are ACME Agent?" she asked questioningly, "based on which sector?"

She had the mild suspicion he was part of an exchange agents program.

Evgeni likes this.
  3. Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr V.I.L.E. Agent

VILE Agent, Part-Time Security Consultant
    Color #:
    8a2be2
    Taking her right hand in his, Joe gave it a quick, chaste kiss.
    Joe then replied in his best Mandarin
    "My name is Joseph Kerr. It's nice to meet you, Colleen."

Taking a quick scan of the room, he observed a curious couple where the guy just poured Champagne on himself. He wondered if there would be more unusual antics to come as the night progressed on.

Turning back to the lovely lady in front of him, Joe took another sip from his drink before continuing the conversation in English.

"Unfortunately, I do not know of many people here, Colleen. I am actually from out of town. What about you though? Surely a lovely girl such as yourself must have many friends here?"

Colleen likes this.
  4. Constance

Constance Agent

Field Medic\Medical Student
    Color #:
    3CB371
    Constance was relieved when the man didn’t seem too upset. He appeared to shrug it off easily in a good-natured way. Then he grabbed some champagne and dumped it on his tie and shirt. This was perplexing to say the least, but, upon further explanation from the man, the action made sense to her… sort of.

@Nevon Blair… His name reminded her of a sheriff or a marshal… or perhaps a Texas Ranger from the old west. It had a strong, but classy sound.

Quickly snapping her attention back to the present, Constance introduced herself. “I’m Constance Kitlyn. Friends call me Kit... or Connie… or whatever… I don’t want to keep you from cleaning up though. Again, I’m very sorry”.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2013
  5. Kid Kidman

Kid Kidman V.I.L.E. Agent

Currently named Neb Ulyss
    Color #:
    323E4F
    Kidman watched the woman (@Ivy) pick up one of the small glasses of mysterious substance and waited to see how it was eaten, for she hadn't the foggiest idea how and didn't want to look more ridiculous than she already did.
    "That's a nice name. 'Monaghan'. It sounds almost Native American. Is it?"
    The girl paused to debate one last item for her plate, but decided to eat what she had first.
    "Oh, and I'm a janitor!" she added with unusual pride. "You?"

Colleen likes this.
  6. Colleen

Colleen Agent

Not wanting to admit to knowing no one at this party to this charming gentleman, Colleen sifted the crowd with a quick glance.

"Of course. I'm very good friends with that red-haired lady over there." she replied, pointing conspicuously.

Her thoughts shifted back to the kiss of her hand. Ordinarily she would find such contact shocking, but had observed hand-kissing in culture and understood it to be a common greeting amongst Spanish vassals, Cloud City administrators, and French presidents. It was also her understanding that there could be a connotation of romantic interest and/or crime syndicate standings. Uncertain of the appropriate interpretation, she smiled and continued the conversation, looking closely for signals.

"And where are you from, then, Joseph?"

Joe Kerr, Kid Kidman and Evgeni like this.
  7. Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr V.I.L.E. Agent

VILE Agent, Part-Time Security Consultant
    Color #:
    8a2be2
    Joe paused and considered how best to answer.

"You could say I'm from Europe. I grew up in Italy but have been travelling around Europe and parts of Asia since I was 10. I currently have a temporary home in Denmark when I'm not busy travelling on business."

Realizing that he hadn't let go of Colleen's hand, he did so graciously while adding in a compliment.
    "You have beautifully smooth hands by the way."

Inwardly, Joe was wondering how he would continue the conversation. He'd never really socialized much until now so he could only hope he wasn't scaring off the beautiful young woman in front of him.

"Are you from around here Colleen? Maybe you could show me around the place some day. I never did get to sight see this time around; although I'm pretty happy about the vision of loveliness before me right now."

: New Year, 2014