Open New Year RP 2014

Discussion in 'Role Play Test Labs' started by Chase, Dec 25, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 9 users.
  1. Chase

Chase Director

Director of Operations
    Color #:
    This is a random RP that takes place New Year 2014. It's open to everyone, feel free to test RPing your new characters in here without reprecussions.

Premise: New Year Party ringing in 2014, what are you doing, where are you, how are you? Let us know.

From NGs chat:

1. No one knows each other.
    2. We're all a little awkward.

Tip: the '/me' tag works in threads too, if you want to test that out.

Nevon and Elsa like this.
  2. Elsa

Elsa Agent

Color #:
    8d8844
    Gudrun Svea Nygård picked out a light green dress that tied a ribbon around her waist and ruffled down to cover her knees. She wore a pair of neat closed-toe heels because her dress wasn't long enough for a proper party but her shoes should be.

Looking around the party hall in the lobby of Accolade, she grabbed herself the cure to her nervousness: a little glass of wine.

Ivy likes this.
  3. Cali

Cali Agent

Demolitions Expert
    Color #:
    A35C9A
    For Calina Corranos, this would be her first New Year in San Francisco. She had moved here after her studies in the middle of the year. With time spent on her new job teaching at the academy and moving to her new apartment, she had not much energy to socialize. A blond young woman took the cup of wine right out of her hand and began to drink.

"Ah..." Cali said to @Gudrun, "That is my glass?"

Nevon, Joe Kerr, Eugene and 3 others like this.
  4. Elsa

Elsa Agent

Color #:
    8d8844
    Mortified, Gudrun stared back at the girl with the strange accent.

"Oh I am so sorry," she replied, "This is bad, but it's my first party."

Joe Kerr and Colleen like this.
  5. Colleen

Colleen Agent

Ignoring the overwhelming scent of disinfectant, Colleen Slate studied the items on her bed. The shrill beep from her phone reminded her that is was time to go. She crammed as much into her new purse as she could and wondered if wearing two purses would strike people as odd. She quickly dismissed the thought as socially risky. Picking up the remainder of her necessities, a bag of kale chips and a 2.4 GHz spectrum analyzer, she hurried over to her dresser.

"Good thing this dress is not too tight." she thought, grabbing a roll of tape.

Ivy and Elsa like this.
  6. Kid Kidman

Kid Kidman V.I.L.E. Agent

Thief, psychic, and Flag-tracker
    Color #:
    323E4F
    It seemed like eons since Kidman had been to any kind of party, and so was still debating how one went about partying when she zeroed in on the buffet across the room, and as if driven by instinct, began filling her many pockets with food.

Colleen likes this.
  7. Colleen

Colleen Agent

Colleen surveyed the room as she took a glass of wine. Feeling irritation from the duct tape, she was beginning to think the smuggled items may have been a misstep. She cautiously took a sip while squirming slightly.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
    Kid Kidman and Constance like this.
  8. Constance

Constance Agent

Field Medic\Medical Student
    Color #:
    3CB371
    Constance Kitlyn slowly made her way around the large room as she surveyed the unfamiliar faces. It was quite a lovely gathering. The many decorations which filled the room created a festive atmosphere that seemed to welcome the new year with open arms. Adjusting her curved Dutch braid she had formed into a messy bun on one side of her head, she moved towards the beverage counter. New years filled her with mixed emotions. On one hand, they presented a chance to begin again, to fix the mistakes of the past. On the other hand, it meant time was running out. Just eighty or so more new years and everyone in this room would probably be dead. The thought was frankly unpleasant and a little depressing.

But Constance didn’t dwell on this. She couldn’t. She was young, and the night was young.

Kid Kidman and Colleen like this.
  9. Evgeni

Evgeni Agent

Drug Sniffer
    Color #:
    F84006
    Evgeni swaggered into the main lobby of Accolade, a flashy smile revealing mostly-white teeth from under his hawk-nose. His confident gait allowed his arms to swing casually at his side while his gray sportcoat flapped in his own draft. With a suave brush at his rusty brown hair, the Russian scoped the area and observed that there were significantly more females present than males. What a party!

"So much women!" he commented to no one in particular. He then approached the nearest eye-catcher, a young, cheery South American lady. With a swift motion, he grabbed the fullest wine glass in passing and halted beside her with a 'nonchalance' that was dreadfully obvious. "How you like wine?" he asked before downing his beverage in one Russian swig.

Kid Kidman and Joe Kerr like this.
  10. Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr V.I.L.E. Agent

VILE Agent, Part-Time Security Consultant
    Color #:
    8a2be2
    Joe strolled into the lobby apprehensively. Dressed in a purple accented pinstripe suit complete with zoot shoes and fedora, Joe was the splitting image of a classic 20s gentleman; Inwardly though, he wondered if it had been such a good idea to attend this shindig. He was usually not one for parties and socializing, at least not in a city he wasn't familiar with.

His stay in San Francisco was supposed to have been a short one but the infamous Bay Area fog had had other ideas. With his flight home now cancelled, he had decided to make the best of it and at least kick off the new year in some form of good cheer. Hopefully it was a decision he would not soon regret.

Taking a deep breath, he put on a broad smile and walked towards a young Asian lady he had spotted. She was holding a glass of wine and looked to be slightly irritated with something. As he approached her, he took off his hat in a classic gentlemanly bow.

"Evening Miss, a penny for your thoughts?"

Colleen likes this.
  11. Colleen

Colleen Agent

Colleen refrained from divulging her true thoughts, which were anchored to the fact that she was drinking a week before her 21st birthday. She took in the gentleman's exuberant attire and courtly manners. Searching for an adequate response, she raised her wine glass and tried to act natural:

"Oh, I was just wondering which yeast species was used for the fermentation process for this marvelous drink."

Unaware of her wiggling, she was quite pleased with her first social interaction.

Joe Kerr, Kid Kidman and Chase like this.
  12. Ivy

Ivy Commander

Commander
    Color #:
    As far as Ivy was concerned the holidays brought out the worse in people. Fighting, drunkenness and an increase in illegal spending and shipping all made for an investigation list longer than anything Santa could come up with. This sparkling New Year's party was a wonderful distraction, but she knew that even before the lights dimmed it would be time to head back to work.

At least she was already close by. Ivy adjusted her champagne colored bandage dress and took the first glass of cider offered to her. Finding no one she recognized her tactic was to head to the sidelines. It was there that she spotted the figure of a girl (@Kid Kidman) who seemed to be stuffing small buffet items into her pockets in a rush. Unsure of what her reasons were Ivy walked within speaking distance, not wanting to startle she smiled, "You know, the croissants might be easier to smuggle out."

13. Kid Kidman

Kid Kidman V.I.L.E. Agent

Thief, psychic, and Flag-tracker
    Color #:
    323E4F
    Kidman looked up to see a woman with stunning red hair come up beside her and she smiled.
    "Oh, got those already." the girl said as she patted one of her bulging pockets. "I'm not really smuggling. Wait, am I? I thought this was free food." she added with sudden discomfort, then started piling a plate instead.
    "What's your name?"

Colleen and Ivy like this.
  14. Cali

Cali Agent

Demolitions Expert
    Color #:
    A35C9A
    @Gudrun
    "That is fine, I am Calina Corranos, I work in ACME Labs," she introduced herself, "It is my first party also, are you a staff or an agent?"

@Evgeni Gavriilovich
    "Seems to be not as much as you like wine, amigo," she nodded her head, a little impressed by that Russian swig, "How do you like wine?"

Evgeni and Joe Kerr like this.
  15. Nevon

Nevon Agent

ACME Detective
    Color #:
    6a99a6
    * Nevon will do this using only '/me' tags

* Nevon enters the party with an awkward little grin because he's been practicing his smile all winter but now his cheek muscles are sore.

* Nevon waves to Gudrun because he remembers seeing someone like her around once, but didn't really think she saw him.

* Nevon saves his wave.

* Nevon grabs a glass of orange juice from a passing guy.

Kid Kidman likes this.
  16. Evgeni

Evgeni Agent

Drug Sniffer
    Color #:
    F84006
    @Cali

Evgeni dropped his drinking hand to his side in the most blatantly casual manner, accidentally allowing the last drops of wine to slither out of the conic cup and drip to the floor. "I'm like wine," he answered with a simper, "But the vodka is better."

@Gudrun

He turned to face the blonde and offered a raucous grin. "Your first party? We're make it's work!"

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
    Colleen and Kid Kidman like this.
  17. Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr V.I.L.E. Agent

VILE Agent, Part-Time Security Consultant
    Color #:
    8a2be2

Unsure of whether to attribute the wiggling to nerves or the alcohol, Joe chose to do the gentlemanly thing and politely ignore it.

Focusing instead on the conversation, he replied with a smile.

"It is rumoured that wine companies are ferociously tight-lipped about the type of yeast they use. The strain of yeast coupled with the wood of the barrels gives each wine its distinctive taste and flavour."

Pausing to take his own drink from a passing waiter, Joe scanned the room and motioned for his companion to do so.

"If you think about it, it's sort of like everyone in this room. Some might be dressed similarly, but underneath the facades, everyone is differently. The values we were taught, the culture and neighbourhood we grew up in, the experiences we've seen - all add up to give each of us our own unique and distinctive 'flavour'. Don't you agree?"

(OOC note: Spoken words in Italics are in Mandarin)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
    Colleen likes this.
  18. Colleen

Colleen Agent

Colleen nodded in agreement, not entirely understanding the question. While glancing around the room, she noticed a small girl with conspicuously stuffed pockets. Pleased to discover another smuggler, she relaxed and returned her gaze to her intriguing new acquaintance. She extended her right hand toward him and replied in her best Mandarin:

"My name is Colleen Slate. Do you know many apples at this post office?"

19. Ivy

Ivy Commander

Commander
    Color #:
    From the question, Ivy concluded that the girl was either completely new to ACME or wasn't part of the agency at all. This alone, made her ideal company for the while.

"Ivy Monaghan, please to meet you." Usually, Ivy would extend her arm for a handshake after saying that, but seeing the girl's hands busy with loading up a plate, she decided to simply follow suit and grab one of the tiny shot glasses filled with Gazpacho. "So what do you do?"

Kid Kidman and Colleen like this.
  20. Constance

Constance Agent

Field Medic\Medical Student
    Color #:
    3CB371
    Once Constance had her glass of punch in hand, she surveyed the room for someone who appeared interesting but, at the same time, not extremely intimidating to approach with the intention of starting a conversation. Spying a black haired young man (@Nevon) on the opposite side of the room, she slowly made her way in his direction. As she neared him, her foot quite accidentally caught on something and she was sent tripping forward. In an attempt to steady herself, Constance lost control of her punch glass and its contents splashed all over the front of the man. For a few split seconds, she just stood there horrified and unsure of what to do before quickly snatching up a napkin from an adjacent table.

“Oh my gosh! I am so sorry! I completely ruined your shirt”.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2013
    Evgeni likes this.
: New Year, 2014