Ivy

Commander
Best answers
Known Aliases
Iv', Ives
Color #
[Featuring Ivy and Chase in an edited live chat session.]

Friending
Accolade's external blue tinted windows were constructed of several layers of glass, air, microscopic metallic film, and silicone-based elastomer. Any light that came directly from outside passed through enough particles to filter out its less desirable collaterals like heat and ultraviolet radiation so only rays necessary for visual confirmation actually reached the eyes of inside observers. In this particular case, the subject was Chase Devineaux. And while he wasn't looking towards San Francisco, the transparent shield behind him made the real world seem more like a passive backdrop. If it weren't for natural light, it may as well have been LCD.

"Ivy Monaghan, Director," his assistant’s articulated voice sounded just before the named Detective entered an already opened door... and promptly closed it.

"Report," Ivy said proudly, presenting a 6-page document that was about 2 days before due.

The papers detailed ACME Academy’s latest hires: a Cairo-educated archaeology expert, a South African firearms trainer and an advanced flight instructor from who-knows-where. Included was their self evaluation and interviews under normal company procedures. What these three didn’t know was that the file also included Monaghan’s notes on their suitability for special operations.

"This is new," Chase took the folder and looked briefly through it while Ivy made herself comfortable on one of the two office chairs. She liked the right more than the left, because it let her put her foot against the cantilevered lower edge of the Director's desk.

"Hey Chase," Ivy picked up one of the monogrammed pencils, "We're friends, right?"

"Yes."

"Then why don't we do things that friends do?"

"What do friends do?"

She paused, with no one specifically coming to mind Ivy thought about the last excursion with her brother, “I guess I go to concerts with Zack.

What, like operas?

No, like local bands.

No.

Movies?

You know I don’t consume pop culture,” he responded.

Out of ideas, she tried a different approach, “Ok… what do you do with your friends?

Devineaux briefly pondered the implications of 'friendship' and discovered that he had no friends under the definition of 'doing things together.' In fact, no one on his list of contacts were viable for activities outside of work.

Rifle range?” His suggestion was mediocre.

That sounds like work.

Sailing?

I can sail? You mean you’ll let me steer the yacht?

No.

Chase smiled slightly, realizing they were going about this the wrong way listing things ‘friends’ did, but nothing specifically in common.

Killer,” he referred to the blue-nose Staffordshire terrier puppy he gave her when she moved back to San Francisco, “We can take him out to the beach a couple times a week, or something.

Okay,” she perked up, considering that suggestion to fill in the various checkboxes of ‘mutually fun’ and ‘non-committal’, “And then maybe you can have lunch with my other friend, Becca.

Becca Simmons isn’t your friend, Ivy, she’s your landlord.

Friends have lunch with each others’ landlords, Chase. If it helps, I’d have one with yours.

My ‘landlord’ is female.

...Double date?

I don’t--” taking a full 3 seconds to evaluate the tone, phrasing, and manner in which that was said, Devineaux surmised the only sensible answer, “You’re joking.

Duh-yeah,” She chuckled and leaned back in her seat casually, “Aren’t friends supposed to be sarcastic with each other?

He shook his head.

So… Thursday after work?

It’s a dog-walk,” Ivy offered a handshake, “good Friending with you.

The handshake was promptly returned, and Chase added ‘Killer walk’ to his mostly-empty list of external activities.

Neb

The VILEiest VILE to ever VILE a VILE
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Nebuchadnezzar (Neb) Ullyss (formerly Kid Kidman), Kitty, Seryy Pripyat
Color #
323E4F
Chasebot is adorable. ;-)

Patty

Valkyrie
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Patt, Patts, Petite, Amber Cecelia Argos, Valkyrie
Color #
8d8844
Wait, so Ivy gets a discount if her landlord Becca goes out with Chase?
LULZ!

Chase

Director
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
Had a lot of fun with @Ivy referencing @Zack when she thought of 'friends' and Chase having no activities outside of work. All came together decently fast, within an hour of random talking, this was practically done.

Vic

Confidence Man
Best answers
Color #
Got tons of journals to catch up on, decided I'd start with this one. Nifty dynamics for @Chase and @Ivy.

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Is everyone ready for the solar eclipse on April 8th, 2024? :)
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader:
    yes
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Affirmative
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I’m staying inside
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just found a wolf spider in my house. :D
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    one of the GOOD spiders you want around because they eat all the really bad bugs in the house. We put them outside :)
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know there are over 400 species of parrots in the world??
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know David Attenborough was knighted twice? First in 1985, and again in 2002
    • Wow
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Jade and Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    @Lucy ... don't know if you really want wolf spiders in your home... I'd go for jumping spiders, they can't bite... wolf spiders are the fast movers, and they can bite.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    And, jumpers are cute
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((Will lose my ACP internet towards the end of the month, unless anyone knows about it ending sooner. Trying to switch my Lifeline phone to a better provider that doesn't shut me off after four and a half gigs of data, nothing but failure so far and "call here" and "it's on their end" and the back and forth crap... in the morning, it's time to demand the supervisor and might even get to harsh language (after three days of that). I plan to use the Lifeline phone tethered as Internet source, share that to my own router... I've done it before (it's messy, and not 100% effective, but it works). ))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((The 'net is the main way to apply for jobs now, so I need that, and I've moved/changed Lifeline providers before without an issue, so no idea what the problem is. I have active Verizon through ACP, active Lifeline through Airtalk... is that somehow the issue? If anyone knows, please let me know before I tear someone a new one (ya know what I mean). After three days of this, and two days about a month ago, I'm ready to walk there with katana in hand.))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the phone I have (Samsung Galaxy S9... gotten for free through Airtalk... note to anyone: if you choose a nice phone through them, you are locked into a 120 day "commitment" to get the phone for free, and they have a very hard data limit... once you use up your data, they cut you off, point blank.))
    Quote Link
    Jon Eckart Jon Eckart: ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the...