Best answers
Color #
White
"Huh, didn't know that, but thanks for the information." Nace said with a grin, "Again, very observant."
Julie looked @Nace Bilby, and *laughed a bit* as she said,"Thanks. I would never have thought that some random information I learned years ago would be useful in a situation like this."

Julie smiled and said,"I'm going to see if I can help Zack and Jason. But you can yell if you need me."

Julie walked quickly over to where @@Jason West and Zack (@Agent Z) were collecting some of the bullets that had been fired as evidence...and discussing what it might mean...

Julie hadn't really heard their conversation...but she could see that Jason seemed a little upset...and because Jason seemed a little upset...Zack was too...although Zack was trying to "play it cool" and was still doing a good job collecting the evidence.

Julie said,"Hey guys. Is there anything that I can do to help over here?" :)

Last edited:

Jason West

ACME
Best answers
Known Aliases
Jay
Color #
"Are you alright Mr. W? You seem a little distracted."
"I'm alright @Agent Z. Just thinking about the fact that these thieves might be armed. Good work on the collection of those casings and the extraction of those projectiles. We'll be able to use those for comparison later." Jason replied.

Julie said,"Hey guys. Is there anything that I can do to help over here?"
"I think we're all set."

"I'm getting ready to head outside. I suggest the both of you do the same and head to the helicopters. We're going to be getting ready to go in a couple minutes. @Nace Bilby and I have a couple of controlled detonations to perform before we head out and we need the building vacated before we detonate the explosives."

Before heading outside, Jason approaches @Chase and says "I think we're good to go. @Nace Bilby and I are going to do a controlled detonation before we take off to meet up with ground transport. I also need to pick up my laptop from the training area if we're going to be taking this trip to the road."

Best answers
Color #
White
"OK, that sounds good, thanks for letting us know," Julie said to @Jason West. She re-traced her steps in the building, checking to make sure she wasn't leaving anything important behind before going to meet the helicopters. Now satisfied that she had everything she she needed, Julie walked quickly...yet carefully out of the bunker...and ran to meet the helicopters.

"Wow...This will be my first ride in a helicopter...I guess it's a good thing I don't have a fear of heights...like my mother does...Haha,"Julie thought to herself, feeling that same combination of nervousness and excitement that had become such a normal part of her day. Not that anything that happened today could be called "normal" exactly. And before today, she could never have imagined herself doing the things she had done. But the strangest part of all was that she actually enjoyed doing all those things...and actually she thought she had done them fairly well, too.

Luckily...she realized she was in in the right spot...and could just stand there for a moment, and wait for the helicopter to land, so that she could get on. She also seemed to be back to arriving on time...and maybe even a bit early...a big "plus" under the circumstances, she thought. :)

Agent Z

ACME
Best answers
"I'm getting ready to head outside. I suggest the both of you do the same and head to the helicopters. We're going to be getting ready to go in a couple minutes. @Nace Bilby and I have a couple of controlled detonations to perform before we head out and we need the building vacated before we detonate the explosives."
"Aye, aye!" Zack replied, heading out with Julie. He wanted to hurry and make sure everything was clear so he could watch the controlled detonation of the bomb... maybe even film it for his youtube channel.

"Wow...This will be my first ride in a helicopter...I guess it's a good thing I don't have a fear of heights...like my mother does...Haha,"
"Hey Julie, can you help me load some of these evidence boxes into the helicopters while we wait for the others? We need to be careful that they don't get damaged or lost."

Ivy

Commander
Best answers
Known Aliases
Iv', Ives
Color #
It seemed that everyone was in agreement that they would make a stop at the training ground and then head onward to El Guero Canelo in search of clues.

Ivy took one last look at the crime scene before carefully packing up all the evidence bags. She was one of the last people out of the building before it was sealed with the standard yellow 'Do Not Cross' tape.

"Hey Julie, can you help me load some of these evidence boxes into the helicopters while we wait for the others? We need to be careful that they don't get damaged or lost."
"I'll give you a hand too," she chimed in. It was easy to load everything up with an additional pair of hands anyway. Julie Justice, as usual was detailed and made sure to check off every item.

"We better cover our ears while Jason West and Nace detonate the explosive," Julie warned.

Ivy nodded in agreement. She liked the fact that Julie was thinking of safety precautions seriously.

[fieldset=Written With:][with]93[/with][/fieldset]

Nace Bilby

ACME
Best answers
Nace turned to watch the Junior Detectives loading the evidence boxes onto the helicopter. He saw they were rapidly observing the lessons they had been taught by him and his fellow instructors.

More than anything he wanted them to succeed, with long and rewarding careers behind them. He unconsciously closed and opened his right hand, a habit he had developed after having had his right forearm in a cast for a long period of time after yet another deployment to the Congo.

Best not think of that now.

He turned to @Jason West and said, "When they're done clearing the place for evidence we'll detonate the explosives."

Jason West

ACME
Best answers
Known Aliases
Jay
Color #
"When they're done clearing the place for evidence we'll detonate the explosives."
"Looks like we're good to go. Everyone is waiting on us now." Jason said as he settled in behind the rifle. After calling "Fire in the hole!" three times, Jason squeezed the trigger slowly and exhaled.

The explosives detonated in a rather large burst of flames and a resounding boom. He quickly dropped the magazine out of the rifle and packed it up in the case.

"Your turn." Jason said to @Nace Bilby as he slung the rifle case onto his back and made his way to the awaiting helicopters.

Last edited:

Nace Bilby

ACME
Best answers
"Right." Nace said.

After taking in a deep breath he shouted, "Fire in the hole. Fire in the hole. Fire in the hole."

And then he squeezed the igniter in the palm of his right hand, making a second loud boom echo into the desert courtesy of the block of plastic explosive he had rigged beside the M80 and hand sized bag of ANFO.

Nace spooked the remaining cabling left after the detonation and stuffed it into a pouch before heading back to the helicopters, his work in disarming yet another explosive complete.

Last edited:
Best answers
Color #
White
Just as Julie had been glad when Nace had asked her to help collect evidence, she was glad when Zack asked her to help load the evidence on the helicopters. That was an important job too.

But, earlier as she was helping collect the evidence...she had no idea of how many BOXES there would be to load on the the helicopter...so Julie was glad that Ivy stepped forward and offered to help them. That was one of things that Julie liked about Ivy. She seemed to know when she should stand back, and let her fellow Junior Detectives do things themselves, and when she should step in...like now....and help without being asked. Julie hoped that one day, she would she would be as good at her job as Ivy is; but unfortunately, that only comes with experience; and Julie will just have to gain a little more.

Julie looked @Ivy and Zack (@Agent Z) and said,"Thanks for your help, guys." :)
Julie went over her list one more time. She said,"OK, it looks like we have everything." Then, Julie looked around outside, and could see Nace Bilby and Jason West finishing setting up their charges to blow up the bunker.

Julie *hands Zack and Ivy* a pair of headphones like the kind that they had all used at the range earlier and *puts on a pair herself.* Even with headphones on, they can still hear two fairly LOUD, though somewhat MUFFLED BOOMS.

Zack

ACME
Best answers
Known Aliases
Zack, Z, Lil'bro, Dan, Zack-Daniels, Bacon
Color #
Ka Boom!

The mini explosion from the mine's detonation was just how Zack pictured it. Though he was still thoroughly entertained. The junior detective watched as @Jason West and @Nace Bilby returned to the helicopters and they were all piloted away. Like before, it seemed Mr. Grovington was taking care of one of the birds while @Ivy flew the other. Natural team dynamics were already forming.

"Do we have a lot to pack up back at the training field?" Zack asked as his stomach softly rumbled, "I heard something about a hot dog stand that we were going to for lunch."

Jason West

ACME
Best answers
Known Aliases
Jay
Color #
"Do we have a lot to pack up back at the training field?"
"We shouldn't have too much to load once we land. The weapons from the shooting range have already been loaded onto the helicopters. The Kriss Vector will need to be transferred to the plane headed back to Headquarters and the GAP-10 will be going with us. The only things that need to be packed that I know of is all the surveillance equipment. That stuff just needs to be put in the cases and put on the plane as well. My laptop however, will be going into my bag and coming with us." Jason replied still uneasy about the fact that these thieves were armed.

Between the pistols Jason carried with him and the GAP-10, he was confident he could effectively protect the Junior Detectives and his fellow instructors with the help of @Nace Bilby and @Eugene if needed. He knew both men had a military background and could handle most any weapon placed in their hands.

Best answers
Color #
White
Julie said," Well, alright, then...let's get started." Julie *laughed a bit* and said," It can't be any harder packing up all the surveillance equipment than it was to put it up in the first place. And then, maybe we can all get to have lunch, like Zack said."

Julie *glanced* @Jason West. She could tell that he was still a bit concerned about something. Because Julie hadn't been at ACME as long as her fellow Junior Detectives, she had done a bit of research on the history of VILE..and Carmen Sandiego..and the ACME Detective Agency...so she understood why everyone was so driven to catch Carmen. After all, before she became a thief...she had been their best Detective. And Julie also knew that most of the time...whether or not they were members of VILE..most of the people that ACME Detectives chased were non-violent criminals. Maybe that had something to do with it.

But Julie decided not to say anything about it right now. She had faith in her instructors. Nace had taught them about different types of explosives, hoping they would never encounter them, just in case they did...and Jason wanted to know that they could use a gun if they had to...for the same reason. But Julie also had faith in herself...and in her fellow Junior Detectives and she believed that no matter what happened...it would all be alright!! :)

Reactions: Ivy

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Lucy Lucy: I recently read an article that said because of a solar storm, the northern lights can be seen...
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki