Since many of us find ourselves spending a lot more time at home these days, I thought it might be interesting to see what our characters are up to in these unprecedented times. Write a short story about how your character is impacted by the global response to COVID-19. Some questions you may want to answer are: Where are they? Who are they with? What are they doing to pass the time? What shows are they binge-watching? Have they learned any new skills? What contact do they have with other members of their faction (or - gasp - of the other)? What does their general outlook look like? Are they up to anything unscrupulous? What are they going to do once things settle down? So many possibilities; just don't leave the house.
- Short story of at least 250 words
- Be responsible for your own content
- Keep it PG-13 or below, and if your story contains plot-relevant common emotional triggers, place them behind a spoiler tag (ideally, I pictured these stories as being fairly lighthearted to help bring some much-needed smiles to our faces, but if you are being pulled in another creative direction, I won't stop you)
- In-character, or within the greater Carmen Sandiego universe if you don't have a character
- Review the forum guidelines if you would like to co-write or include another TECS character
- Not that we're keeping score or anything, but bonus points for references to spittoons.