Plot Line - B ( Use of Character? )

systemcat

Visitor From Another AU
Best answers
I brought this up in my intro thread what I'm doing that lead me to this place. Currently for example I've been in a long running debate on if Ivy should be formally introduced into the second plot line a.k.a. "B". The story currently running has three main plots in it but only the second has CS ties.

First off I want to state Carmen Sandiego has appeared and been mentioned before in the series but she is far from focused on. Instead for example to act as a bridge from one story to the current. The last story set in the distant past. I wrote the bridge scene as the dawn of the ACME Detective Agency being a formal business. In this AU, ACME is essentially a thing of the past having been absorbed into a multifaceted government agency by modern times. When that merger happened, ACME in the melting pot had it's employees go in different directions where it was felt they were needed. Zack & Ivy got different placements.

Zack has appeared more than once and I intend to have him in the current story. Ivy has been mentioned but hasn't appeared yet. While Zack's role has been established it wouldn't be hard at all to put her into the plot. But the problem is I frankly can't think of a role for her.

In the series after the first appearance in the second, it arises Zack is mentoring a kid ( teen ) named Finn about how to be a detective. When in the current story by mistake Zack lets a bad guy rob a museum. One of his co-workers makes a point he's working with Finn who doesn't have experience and he should be working with his sister who is a field agent.

Already one other character is in this mix, a guy named Alan, but I won't go into details to him here. Not remotely a CS character.

Thoughts?

Ivy's concept art:

Tenchi Masaki

ACME Detective, Rookie
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Tenko(don't ask), Kami Jack, Guy Smart, Tenten
Color #
That’s a good premise to have mine combines various characters too but it’s complicated to go into the corporate world should be more formulaic and profit focused and problems could arise by them not paying attention to important things...

Tenchi Masaki

ACME Detective, Rookie
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Color #
Veteran but I wrote sporadically. I basically kept the story in my head and when I do write it just all comes out until the Babes in Toyland story that was written on request of little Miss Charlet

Tenchi Masaki

ACME Detective, Rookie
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Color #
Which is why I felt so bad when I couldn’t do the story the way I wanted. But I was a big boy about it and didn’t cry. (on the outside anyway)

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Hey @Tenchi Masaki need medical help?
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    No I led the tiger to the zoo where a lovely lady tiger was waiting. They plan on inviting us to the wedding.
    • Haha
    Reactions: Victorique and Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    lovely
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    nice
    Quote Link
  • Victorique : Victorique
    sits back with popcorn
    Quote Link
  • Lucy : Lucy
    hands @Victorique the dice*
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    Roll it
    Quote Link
  • systemcat systemcat:
    Just thought I should give a heads up about this. Those "ACME Detective Agency" shirts from Walmart.com . I finally decided to order one today as a late Christmas gift to myself because I was given a gift card for the store. Those shirts through Walmart have unknown shipping restrictions through the site. But get this? Same provider on Amazon is selling the shirt and there the shipping isn't restricted. ... Not because of ordering a T-Shirt but this isn't the first time I've seen P.O. Box rejection. .. Yeah, the gift card was useless on Amazon of course but I didn't want to give up. My new shirt is due to hit my box on the 7th.😎
    • Love
    Reactions: Julie Justice and Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
    I hope the shirt is good quality. Carmen expects the best.
    • Love
    Reactions: Lucy and Julie Justice
    Quote Link
  • systemcat systemcat:
    I'm not sure it even had a rating on Amazon but it looked just about the same as the Walmart one.
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I hope you can get one @systemcat
    Reactions: systemcat
    Quote Link
  • systemcat systemcat:
    @Lucy , I need to make another short to help with the buffer for Comic Fury. The best idea to quickly producing a comic would be the B & W route again. Already I have a basic plot figured out. I have no idea if you've read Vocal Canvases or not. But in that story the roots of ACME are touched on for the AU. What would you think of a story set in 1901 in India using Jocelyn & Patrick and Raj Mahal? Part of the plot idea is coming from a Classic IG story.
    • Love
    Quote Link
  • systemcat systemcat:
    Something those of you who follow my work might get a kick from in my forgetfulness. The start of Loaded Stone was the last time I thought I'd ever be drawing Jocelyn in comic presentation. Because she's being brought back that way for the short. ... In character design she is the only one of the whole AU I have to remember how to have hand use dominance. I forgot which side here before looking back at older drawings to make the correction. This ghost arm in rough art clearly will not be in the final presentation of page 1.
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Quote Link
  • Julie Justice Julie Justice:
    *made some brownies to share with everyone, because she is so happy about her team NFL (American 🏈 team) the Cleveland Browns making the playoffs for the first time in almost 20 yrs!! 😛 ❤
    • Love
    Reactions: Lucy, Jacqueline Hyde and Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Jacqueline Hyde Jacqueline Hyde:
    katie couric taking @Chase lessons:
    • Haha
    Reactions: Claire Yeon, Emma Bezzle and Lucy
    Quote Link
    • Haha
    Quote Link
    Found this in my News Feed in Facebook--and it reminded me of Someone. 🤔
    • Love
    Reactions: Lucy and Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
    Carmen does get around doesn’t she?
    Quote Link
  • systemcat systemcat:
    I know it's taking sometime for me to finish B&W pages, that normally wouldn't take much time. Please note in the background I'm working on another audiobook and nightly have been writing Shattered. ... Please someone say they care about the hard work being put in? You could even look an a detailed map of San Francisco and know what is being story refenced. 🙁
    Quote Link
    Of course we care about what you do here and want to see more of your work. Whether we have time to read it immediately or not we make a point to see what you are doing.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    Link(s)?
    Quote Link
  • systemcat systemcat:
    Is that to Tenchi or me?
    Quote Link
  • Quote Link
  • systemcat systemcat:
    @Jon Eckart which stories would you like links to? Only a small fraction are in the forum.
    Quote Link
    systemcat systemcat: @Jon Eckart which stories would you like links to? Only a small fraction are in the forum.