Airfield Staff
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Euge, Earl Jr.
Color #
[Featuring Euge and Ivy in an edited live chat. Enjoy!]

Hey Dimwit,” Ivy stomped into the Flight Office and slammed her schedule down on the metal desk, “You printed all my times wrong. What kind of operation do you think you’re running?

Not willing to spin his chair around and face Ivy quite yet, Euge sat resolutely facing the screen. “What’s the matter, princess? Does everyone else’s operations need to be shuffled around to accommodate your beauty rest?

She squinted at the word ‘princess’, then inhaled sharply, “You think I’m a real sucker, don’t you? None of the students are even scheduled for 4:00 am.

Upon hearing the odd timing, Euge stopped twiddling with a pencil and rolled his chair towards Ivy, coming to a rest as he snagged the questionable flight briefing. Scanning over it quickly, he nodded once. “You’re right. Clearly it’s better for you to have the 9 pm, 1 am and 7 am slots. I’ll get that changed right now.

Sliding back to his keyboard, Euge had an updated schedule printing within a few keystrokes. “Hope you’re well stocked on coffee,” he chimed as he passed the fresh sheet to her.

I should have you reported for fooling around with sensitive company information...” Ivy muttered as she studied the new schedule, “Really!? 1:00 am? That’s the only time Gate C is open?

Nodding, Euge suppressed a grin. “Until the rotations change in spring, yes. That is, unless you want to use rope ladders instead of crew stairs.” Kicking his feet up on the desk he began to mindlessly scroll through his open tabs, not realizing the real schedule was lurking within until it was too late.

Widening her eyes at the actual timetables on Eugene’s screen Ivy felt a rush of white-hot anger flood over her. Suddenly grabbing hold of the back of his swivel-chair, Ivy turned the Pilot around. “You…” Her dominant hand had already crushed the false schedule and now was clenched in a hard fist, she stopped herself just in time and exhaled. “Print out the real times... Now.

Taken by surprise from the quick rotation, Euge forced himself to quash the slight feeling of intimidation he felt from suddenly staring Ivy down. “There’s fresh coffee in the pot?” He quickly backpedaled while hunting blindly with his hand for the print button.

Her eyes glanced from Eugene’s eyes to the screen, seeing the print verified confirmation she took a step back. Ivy’s intensive training for the Commander position led to many cranky mornings and late nights, not at all helped by long hours at the airfield with someone she couldn’t stand. Since they met, the new flight instructor seemed to think finding creative ways to make her lose her temper was a good hobby.

You better pray that coffee is strong,” Ivy grabbed the fresh sheet of paper as it left Eugene’s printer.

Quickly recovering and covering with a grin, Euge shot back. “And you might want to check the printer five floors up. Seems I accidentally sent it there instead of this one. What can I say? Weird things happen when I’m pressured.” Leaning back in his chair with his smile still in place, Euge slid himself back for a better view as the redhead stormed out of the flight office.

This is a waste of paper!” She yelled back so he could hear her through the open door.

Rolling his eyes as he wheeled back to his desk, Euge replied evenly, “So put it back in the printer.

His only response was a slender paper airplane, which performed a halfhearted loop before stalling and fluttering gently down to land on his keyboard.

Ivy

Commander
Best answers
Known Aliases
Iv', Ives
Color #
This was fun to write. The original chat had much more swearing... but I like this version no less.

Zack

ACME
Best answers
Known Aliases
Zack, Z, Lil'bro, Dan, Zack-Daniels, Bacon
Color #
Euge slid himself back for a better view as the redhead stormed out of the flight office
^that

Zack

ACME
Best answers
Known Aliases
Zack, Z, Lil'bro, Dan, Zack-Daniels, Bacon
Color #
Wait... you mean I wasn't supposed to think anything? Huh...

Deric Storm

Consul
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Farmboy, Calamity, Stormblood
Color #
This is courtship the Israeli way. First you make her angry and then you make her hit you and then she is your girlfriend forever, yeah?
It happens in America too, just the man and woman tend to be younger.... usually about 4-7 years old

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Is everyone ready for the solar eclipse on April 8th, 2024? :)
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader:
    yes
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Affirmative
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I’m staying inside
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just found a wolf spider in my house. :D
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    one of the GOOD spiders you want around because they eat all the really bad bugs in the house. We put them outside :)
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know there are over 400 species of parrots in the world??
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know David Attenborough was knighted twice? First in 1985, and again in 2002
    • Wow
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Jade and Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    @Lucy ... don't know if you really want wolf spiders in your home... I'd go for jumping spiders, they can't bite... wolf spiders are the fast movers, and they can bite.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    And, jumpers are cute
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((Will lose my ACP internet towards the end of the month, unless anyone knows about it ending sooner. Trying to switch my Lifeline phone to a better provider that doesn't shut me off after four and a half gigs of data, nothing but failure so far and "call here" and "it's on their end" and the back and forth crap... in the morning, it's time to demand the supervisor and might even get to harsh language (after three days of that). I plan to use the Lifeline phone tethered as Internet source, share that to my own router... I've done it before (it's messy, and not 100% effective, but it works). ))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((The 'net is the main way to apply for jobs now, so I need that, and I've moved/changed Lifeline providers before without an issue, so no idea what the problem is. I have active Verizon through ACP, active Lifeline through Airtalk... is that somehow the issue? If anyone knows, please let me know before I tear someone a new one (ya know what I mean). After three days of this, and two days about a month ago, I'm ready to walk there with katana in hand.))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the phone I have (Samsung Galaxy S9... gotten for free through Airtalk... note to anyone: if you choose a nice phone through them, you are locked into a 120 day "commitment" to get the phone for free, and they have a very hard data limit... once you use up your data, they cut you off, point blank.))
    Quote Link
    Jon Eckart Jon Eckart: ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the...