Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Ivyr, Ive, Crystal, Lira, Teals
Color #
1ABC9C
October - Flashbacks and Midnight Wanderings

I remember every night as clear as crystal. The accident, the pain, and the journey I was embarking on. As I lay in bed at night, my eyes would close against my will and I would be drawn back into flashbacks. As the moon and stars gradually rose, I would awake to startled breathing and a scared look on my face, eyes wide. Usually I would be unable to fall asleep - so I would grab a jacket and leave the house. Determined to not fall back into the deep throws of sleep.

I left the house quietly, both dogs accompanying me as I headed for the park, and beyond. The path lit by the silvery light of the moon. As leaves rustled, painted yellow and orange with hints of red. As I meandered through the park towards the forest and its welcoming darkness. My voice rose to the sky in song. I guess singing was my way to relieve and unknown stress I felt from the flashbacks I had endured. As my voice rose and fell delicately, the soft howls and yips of my two partners accompanied me. Every unwanted feeling drifted away on the breeze as jack frost glittered on the ground.

I kept walking until I came to a silver illuminated meadow, stars reflected in the surface of a gently trickling creek of clear water. This was my sanctuary, my refuge, my home away from home if you will. This was my home - and it would always remain that way should I need it. This was the way to relieve myself - get rid of the stress from my life. Work always tended to bring back bad memories. Now I could actually relax and let down my guard. Now, I was content, enjoying myself and exploring. My favorite past-times. My midnight wanderings complete - I headed back home as the sun slowly began to rise in the sky, signalling the start of a brand new day.

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    It's a local children's museum that's just starting work on the building
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Ooooh new museum!!
    Quote Link
  • Claire Yeon Claire Yeon:
    You are somewhere in Minnesota, if my recollection serves me correct, yes?
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    They're coming up with plans for what goes where, and I have a little experience in that area (worked at a non-profit science lab for two years)
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    Yes, I am, in real life
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Nice. non profit science lab
    Quote Link
    ((woo, science. my IRL academic background / personal passion is science. aeronautical engineering and astrophysics, specifically, but I love all science.))
    Reactions: Eugene
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    Yeah, it was pretty awesome... throwing lightning 20 feet across a room, playing with 3D printers, working in the computer lab, working with TV station-level broadcast gear, quarter-million dollar CNC machines, the quarter crusher, ring launcher, building the electronics lab from the ground up
    Reactions: Eugene, Lucy and Claire Yeon
    Quote Link
    @Jon Eckart magnificent.))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    I've worked in a lot of different areas... fast food (never again), gas station clerk (it's really just like the movie), factory making freezers, the lab, a bunch of area restaurants (when I got back into MN), then I was a forklift driver in a couple warehouses
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
    I see that you have a wide range of experiences, and as such, you are quite resourceful. Good.
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    *plays with Luna*
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    Hopefully, something works out soon... the last one cornered me into quitting when I told them I wouldn't drive an unsafe machine
    Quote Link
    If you are open to a topic of questionable legality, I could use someone of your skill. As my dear @Joe Kerr has failed to respond, ACME is my next best choice.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    Yes, I wouldn't have a problem hearing you out, though the final decision isn't mine
    Quote Link
    I cannot imagine ACME would object terribly to the end game. It comes to this: an icon of my beloved Singapore, the Merlion of Sentosa, is scheduled for destruction, and I simply will not stand for that. Will you help me save said statue from a fate of rubble and ash?
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    As much as I would like to try and protect something that beautiful, I'm not yet cleared for field duty
    Quote Link
    And yet, we know there are those who could clear you for such. @Chase, @Ivy, @Eugene, @Zack, what say you?
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    True, they could, but without hearing from them, I can't just go off grid on a journey over 8,000 miles without talking to them.
    Quote Link
    Then I shall wait. We still have a few more days before it is closed to the public.
    Quote Link
  • Pitya Ivyr Pitya Ivyr:
    Singapore is such a lovely place honestly. It’s gorgeous))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((OOC: I hadn't heard of the Merlion... it, and the area are really pretty))
    Quote Link
    Not feeling well, so I'm going to turn in. Good night, everyone. Be excellent to each other. ))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    Claire, do you have the date and time for the demolition? That might help speed up the decision. ((Okay, have a good night, and hope you feel better.))
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Good morning Jon :)
    Quote Link
    Lucy Lucy: Good morning Jon :)