Detective Discovery Needs Help

Color #
White
Det. Discovery is one of my friends from Facebook. She filled out a Profile, and joined this site on April 10. She is listed on this site under Members/New Members, as a Writer, but I know she wanted to be listed as an Agent, so that she can write in her own Journal. Her Character Profile does not show in the Information on her page. I gave her advice in writing it, and I would be happy to give you part of it again, if that would be helpful. I have her permission to do so. She tried to post on these threads and send msgs to the mods, but got the error msg that said that she "did not have permission to view this page, or perform this action" which is why I'm posting this on her behalf. I'm sure she would appreciate any help that anyone could give her. Thanks. :)

Known Aliases
Jade
Color #
0099FF
I hope this post is for Chase and Ivy,Julie because whenever I log in I always check for messages but I've got that problem but I fix by redo it by the same way has your friend try that out first?

Known Aliases
Lucy, Alice
I'm sorry guys this was my fault. I signed up using Facebook and then when nothing changed after a few days I thought I messed up. I signed in with a username and password and since then I've been signing in with that one. That one is in limbo at the moment. I deeply apologize.

Color #
White
Hello Jason.

I think that when Detective Discovery first registered here, she clicked "Log in with Facebook." That seemed to make a difference for her. I'm sure that we all remember how tricky some of these things can be when you're new here. But I've told her how great everyone here is, and how much fun we all have here. Thanks for you comment. :)

Known Aliases
Jay
Color #
@Julie Justice You're welcome. The tagging feature is used on a lot of the forums I use and run because it puts a notification for the specific user tagged. It helps draw attention to that specific thread and post so that issues are resolved a lot quicker because on some larger forums, its hard to find a help post in 800+ messages.

Color #
White
I did tell her to go to The Door, and introduce herself to everyone, if that's what you mean? She is a little shy when it comes to meeting new people. But I've told her that it's OK...and that everyone here is really nice. :)

Known Aliases
Jay
Color #
Doing that will help everyone figure out if its a posting issue or a permission issue.

@Detective_Discovery Could you try to post something in the section labeled The Door? It doesn't have to be a long post but just something so that we can figure out if its a posting issue or if its an account permission issue.

Status Updates

Sometimes we are so focused on the treasure we are seeking, that we fail to see the one right in front of us
Joe Kerr wrote on Patty's profile.
Is it weird that when someone said "things that glitter" my first thought was you?
At times, when we're so focused on 'who' we are, we forget 'where' we are.

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • Carmen Carmen:
    Most intangible boundaries tend to be somewhat arbitrary.
    Quote Link
  • Chase Chase:
    Decently sure no phones and no animals isn't completely arbitrary
    Quote Link
  • Eugene Eugene:
    Was speaking rhetorically at this point. I've already conceded the phone discussion to you.
    Quote Link
  • Chase Chase:
    Right. Sorry about that, I tend to get tunnel vision.
    Quote Link
  • Yul B. Sorry Yul B. Sorry:
    Helloooo? Anyone here?
    Quote Link
  • Eugene Eugene:
    I'm in and out.
    Quote Link
  • Eugene Eugene:
    Just wrapping up a few things for tomorrow.
    Quote Link
    who's here? Carmen? Eartha? Patty? Vic?
    Quote Link
  • Eugene Eugene:
    For some reason not everyone shows up in the list on the right so it's hard to tell who's here and who isn't.))
    Quote Link
    Oh. And who are you?
    Quote Link
  • Eugene Eugene:
    Eugene. Flight instructor. I don't believe I've met you?
    Quote Link
    Greetings Eugene. I'm Will Sorro. But you can call me by my alias name Yul B. Sorry.
    Quote Link
  • Eugene Eugene:
    Just taking a stab in the dark, but I'm guessing by your pseudonym you're either affiliated with VILE or looking to join up?
    Quote Link
    *gasps* what? How did you.........are you a VILE Henchmen?
    Quote Link
  • Eugene Eugene:
    Quite the opposite, actually.
    Quote Link
    Ohhhhhhhhh I'm an old agent of VILE and employee of Carmen. Since 1993. But I've returned to practice again of being a master theif.
    Quote Link
  • Eugene Eugene:
    Master thief? I didn't know thieves used a ranking system.
    Quote Link
  • Eugene Eugene:
    So I take it you don't indulge in petty crime like pickpocketing and whatnot?
    Quote Link
    I know what your going to say: why stealing? Well l was force into this way of life due to everything money and not choosing to be poor and in a homeless shetler. My family and friends have abandoned me. And so l saw Carmen on tv. Her superior stealing skills and how she gets away from ACME. I wanted to be just like her to escape the careless outside world and steal and get away with it. I want to join her crew of VILE Henchmen. I know them all. Double Trouble, Vic The Slick, Eartha Brute, Patty Larceny.......
    Quote Link
  • Eugene Eugene:
    Not quite the direction I was going, but insightful none the less.
    Quote Link
    Oh well, l did pickpocket and steal people's belongings. Like their fast food dinners and groceries. The Double Trouble twins taught me that during my training. But now, its Carmen's turn to train me to steal the world's treasures and landmarks etc etc.
    Quote Link
  • Eugene Eugene:
    Huh.
    Quote Link
  • Eugene Eugene:
    Are you drinking anything?
    Quote Link
  • Eugene : Eugene
    mixes up a drink for himself
    Quote Link
    Excuse me? Oh no l dont drink beer. Wine yes as long as its not alcohol heavy.
    Quote Link
    Yul B. Sorry Yul B. Sorry: Excuse me? Oh no l dont drink beer. Wine yes as long as its not alcohol heavy.