Q & A Bedtime Routine

Zack

ACME
Best answers
Known Aliases
Zack, Z, Lil'bro, Dan, Zack-Daniels, Bacon
Color #
Yo yo, we all got our mornings down. Let's talk about when the lights go out.

Describe your character's bedtime routine. Be detailed, include what they do, what products they use, what they wear and (if applicable) who they're with.

(Answer IC or OOC)

Reactions: Ivy

Zack

ACME
Best answers
Known Aliases
Zack, Z, Lil'bro, Dan, Zack-Daniels, Bacon
Color #
Here I start, answering my own question. (OOC because Zack probably won't admit to some of this stuff)

Zack's bedtime routine consists of a shower to get all of the gunky Zack hairspray out of his hair and brushing his teeth and whitening his teeth with some sort of white strips. He also uses some L'Occitane moisturizer that Tanya got him for his birthday (years ago, he still re-buys it because it worked so well.)

To bed he wears a t-shirt and long pajama bottoms, and usually needs the television on to get to sleep. He finds cartoon network ideal for this task.

Ann Tickwittee

Archaeology Expert
Best answers
Known Aliases
Tick, Ticky, Blinky, Annaconda
Color #
A60035
(This post will read IC, but please keep this knowledge strictly OOC.)

Typically, I floss and brush my teeth following dinner and soak my hair so I can shape it without too much hassle in the morning. Then I dress in my nightclothes: silk boy shorts/boxers and a sleeveless Hello Kitty top. I typically close the evening by lounging on the couch, watching a portion of an educational documentary prior to enjoying a good book and good wine. Depending on certain variables, I may or may not make it to my bed before passing out.

On weekends, I may select a cocktail dress and spend a late night at a social venue instead of holding to my more relaxed routine. The hour I return to my apartment is often unpredictable.

Last edited:

Rose

ACME
Best answers
Known Aliases
Abby
Color #
da328
After working with my daughter on her homework for an hour (Note: This would take a lot less than an hour if there wasn't as many distractions), I usually brush and floss my teeth. Then I make up lunches for the next day, look over my schedule, do a quick cleaning of the apartment (dusting, vacuuming, washing off counters, etc), pick out a set of clothing for my daughter and myself, and read quickly through my mail (both kinds).

Those activities don't usually take very long with a helper; so there is still plenty of time to read a few stories out loud or sing some songs with my daughter before heading to bed between 9:30 and 10:00. I usually wear clean, exercise clothing to bed so I have less to do in the morning.

Once in a while, this schedule is interrupted by PTA meetings, random friends, and emergency repairs. On weekend nights many of the normal activities are cast away and replaced with evening walks to the park, maybe a movie, and other various things.

Last edited:

Nace Bilby

ACME
Best answers
Typically if I'm not on exercise with the British Army Reserve or working late or otherwise occupied I tend to get Goliath to go outside for his business around 9 PM and after brushing my teeth and changing into my night clothes I go to bed around 10 PM or so.

Neb

The VILEiest VILE to ever VILE a VILE
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Nebuchadnezzar (Neb) Ullyss (formerly Kid Kidman), Kitty, Seryy Pripyat
Color #
323E4F
The process I go through in preparation for sleeping is very complex. I know it seems rather arduous, but I do value its consistency.

Step one: locate (safe, ideally), area measuring roughly a cubic yard or more.
Step two: Sleep within said area

Exceptions:
Step one may not be accomplished.
Step two may also not be accomplished.

Constance

ACME
Best answers
Known Aliases
Kit or Kitty
Color #
3CB371
Constance's routine starts with dinner. Since, especially on the week days, she doesn't have time to cook, she usually picks up a small meal at a nearby restaurant and takes it back to the dorm. After eating, she carefully brushes and flosses her teeth with whitening products. Next, she completes her daily yoga. This lasts approximately thirty minutes. A quick shower or a bubble bath will follow depending on the day. Right before retiring for the evening, she fixes her hair and face for night and may read a quick chapter of her current fictional book if time allows.

Constance usually wears either yoga pants with a camisole or a slip nightgown depending on the weather. She also has a knack for waking up on time without the use of an alarm clock and thus rarely sets one.

Ivy

Commander
Best answers
Known Aliases
Iv', Ives
Color #
[Written IC, but knowledge is OOC]

My nightly routine starts when I get home. I usually have dinner out somewhere in the city or if I'm lazy, then I order in. For the next 30-45 minutes I'll wash the dishes and do menial tasks like laundry or putting things in their place. Then I'll play with Killer or let him run on the treadmill to tire him out some more if he hasn't been with the pet sitter.

If I can spare the time I prefer to take a hot bath in the evening instead of showers to help with sore muscles. During this de-stress point, I'll play music, light candles, read, or spoil myself with a cold beer.

Then it's standard grooming: flossing, brushing my teeth, washing my face and putting on face and body lotion. I'll tie my hair back in a short pony tail or use a soft headband. What I wear to sleep always depends on whether or not I'm alone, ranging from a ratty old t-shirt to something silky and lacy.

Last, I'll set my alarm and attempt sleep. It takes me a few minutes to try and find a comfortable position, or take advantage of a cold spot on the bed but I'll eventually drift into unconsciousness.

Contessa

Royalty
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Adrianna Covrenzi, Tessa, Anna, La Contessa Covrenzi
Color #
9C3F84
Night is a time for peace and reflection for me.

If time permits I will have another long bath, soaking in milk or lavender bath salts while listening to Mozart. I will change out of my evening clothes to sleepwear and a dressing gown and complete my skincare routine.

Then I may take time to walk through my gallery and view the artifacts I've collected and plan on what I should add to the collection. On certain evenings I may have a midnight snack in the conservatory of camomile tea and biscuits to help aid sleep.

Deric Storm

Consul
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Farmboy, Calamity, Stormblood
Color #
Deric's routine involves first walking Ghost one last time for the day. Then, if the tub isn't occupied, he'll take a soak in some hot water. Once that's done, he changes into a comfy pair of sweats or pajama bottoms with a plain white or grey t-shirt. Then he hop into bed, hopefully not alone, and sack out.

Best answers
Color #
White
Hello everyone. In general, my bedtime routine is like this: Depending on when I get up in the morning, I'll have dinner 4:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. I like to go out early in the evening, and have dinner in whatever city I'm in. (You notice that my Journal entries and Statuses (is that even a word? !! LOL!!) mention food. If I'm not able to go out, I will go shopping, and pick up some microwavable Stouffers or Lean Cuisine dinners (just cuz they taste good!! LOL!!) or if it very late, I'll have dinner at the ACME Cafeteria (here, or at my office in NYC). Depending on when I have dinner, I will have some kind of snack between 10:00 p.m 12:00 a.m. Anything from peanut butter and crackers or ginger snap cookies (which are good for minor stomach upsets) to cookies. Right now, I have Keebler Fudge Stripe Cookies, but I also like Oreoes, or occasionally, for a real treat, if I went out to dinner, I will bring home my dessert, or if I went shopping, I'll bring home something from the bakery. Or, sometimes, as I've already mentioned (in the topic "Favorite Breakfasts") I'll have a bowl of cereal.

After my snack, I'll get ready for bed. If I take a shower before bed, I'll just use a very gentle body-wash type product, put on a little Mitchum Advanced Control Invisible Solid Anti-Perspirant & Deodorant, Clean Control Scent, 48 hr. (This is very expensive, depending where you buy it, but believe me, it's worth it!! ;) ). I'll put on a clean Hanes Wear Around Sleepshirt, or if it's a bit chilly, I will put on a pajama top with matching bottoms, light thermal leggings, or even sweatpants. But sometimes, I will just wash up over the sink. Lately, I've been using L'oreal Skin Expertise Go 360 Clean Deep Conditioning Scrub. (The soft rubber scrubbing pad is attached to the bottle. You don't have to scrub hard to do a good job. The product and the bottle is a peachy, light orange). After that, I use Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel Cream. ("Refreshing" means that even if your face is completely dry, you will feel a bit of a "tingle" which is why it's important not to scrub your face too much with your face cleanser. But after about a minute or so, it does stop. Even if you use too much of the product, it does absorb nicely in your skin, and won't get on your pillowcase or clothes. Both the product and the jar are light green.) After that, I brush my teeth with an Oral B toothbrush, and Colgate Baking Soda & Peroxide Whitening Toothpaste.

That is what I do when I get to bed early. There are a lot of nights when I go to bed so late that I just brush my teeth, and go to bed!! So, it's a good thing that most of my "dresses" are actually "nightgowns." LOL. It usually takes me a while to fall to sleep, but when I do, I usually sleep very soundly. Perhaps that is another benefit of staying up late!! LOL!! No matter how late I go bed, I always remember to say my prayers. I don't mention every person that I know by name, cuz I would be up all night if I did that!! LOL!! I put everyone into a category: family, friends, animals (pets) teachers (instructors) and also co-workers (even if they aren't my "friends" yet) and "anyone else that I might have forgotten." :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Is everyone ready for the solar eclipse on April 8th, 2024? :)
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader:
    yes
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Affirmative
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I’m staying inside
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just found a wolf spider in my house. :D
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    one of the GOOD spiders you want around because they eat all the really bad bugs in the house. We put them outside :)
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know there are over 400 species of parrots in the world??
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know David Attenborough was knighted twice? First in 1985, and again in 2002
    • Wow
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Jade and Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    @Lucy ... don't know if you really want wolf spiders in your home... I'd go for jumping spiders, they can't bite... wolf spiders are the fast movers, and they can bite.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    And, jumpers are cute
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((Will lose my ACP internet towards the end of the month, unless anyone knows about it ending sooner. Trying to switch my Lifeline phone to a better provider that doesn't shut me off after four and a half gigs of data, nothing but failure so far and "call here" and "it's on their end" and the back and forth crap... in the morning, it's time to demand the supervisor and might even get to harsh language (after three days of that). I plan to use the Lifeline phone tethered as Internet source, share that to my own router... I've done it before (it's messy, and not 100% effective, but it works). ))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((The 'net is the main way to apply for jobs now, so I need that, and I've moved/changed Lifeline providers before without an issue, so no idea what the problem is. I have active Verizon through ACP, active Lifeline through Airtalk... is that somehow the issue? If anyone knows, please let me know before I tear someone a new one (ya know what I mean). After three days of this, and two days about a month ago, I'm ready to walk there with katana in hand.))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the phone I have (Samsung Galaxy S9... gotten for free through Airtalk... note to anyone: if you choose a nice phone through them, you are locked into a 120 day "commitment" to get the phone for free, and they have a very hard data limit... once you use up your data, they cut you off, point blank.))
    Quote Link
    Jon Eckart Jon Eckart: ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the...