ACME Ace Detective, Inventor
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Tenko(don't ask), Kami Jack, Guy Smart, Tenten
Color #
Babes in Toyland

This story approved by the production code administration of the storybook Producers & Distributors of America. Certificate NO.401

Released as declassified information under permission by the Northern Intelligence Administration for the purpose of a reading or audiobook series of formatted bedtime stories to help children sleep.

Jack B. Nimble………………..Tenchi Masaki

Mary Contrary………………..Kylie Griffin

Tom Piper……………………….Himself

Little Bo Peep…………………Herself

Silas Barnaby…………………Himself

Georgie Porgy………………..Himself

The Jester………………........Theodore West

Walter Wiley………….............Himself

Charlet………………………….Herself

Ruslan………………………....Himself

Pecos Bill……………………..Himself

D.Va…………………………….Herself

The little old lady who lived in a shoe………………………Mother Hubbard

The Lord of Toys Santa Claus………………………………….Saint Nicholas Claus

It was a cold winter morning, and a wretched wicked man was scowling down the street. He was on his way to Old Mother Hubbard’s house to ask for something he decided belonged to him. Just as he was about to knock on the door he saw one of the objects of his affection through the window. He hastily knocked on the door and said “Good morning Ms. Hubbard it is me, Silas Barnaby.” The door opened and Ms. Hubbard asked “Can I help you, Mr. Barnaby?” Barnaby smiled his trademark evil smile and said “Why yes you can Ms. Hubbard, I would like to speak to you about your lovely daughter Mary who as I’m told, is quite contrary these days; about taking a walk with the richest man in town.”

“I’m sorry Mr. Barnaby, Mary is not at home; she’s at the toy factory with Jack.” Barnaby upset said, “Oh that pains me so to know I missed her, but at least I can talk to Bo Peep who is inside right now.” Ms. Hubbard: “I’ll ask her Mr Barnaby.” Bo Peep having heard the conversation quickly shook her head no, and proceeded to get ready to go tend to her sheep. “I’m sorry Mr. Barnaby but Bo Peep is getting ready to go out and cannot speak with you now.” Said Ms Hubbard. “Alas I must return at a later date then, till we meet again Ms. Hubbard.” With that Barnaby tipped his top hat and departed to begin his daily routine of being mean, crooked, and unpleasant.

Meanwhile at the Toy Factory Mary and Jack were busy filing paperwork in their respective offices. Suddenly Jacks phone rang and he picked it up Mary had called to remind him about their deadline.”Jack I’m worried about all the toys we still have to make, I don’t want to miss the deadline-.” Jack quickly interjected ”Don’t worry Mary I have it all taken care of my newly retooled machines will build all the toys on time.” Just then Jack’s door opened and Mary walked in. “That’s what you always say Jack. And this office is a mess! How are you getting anything done is beyond me.” Tenchi confidently shot back “I have a very organized clutter in here so getting things done is easy. So don’t worry we’ll be done before that deadline!”

And can we not use our names when in confidentiality? Well we know our own rules: we agreed that Tenchi and Kylie are Jack and Mary when in Toyland. It is nice of Ms Hubbard to let me stay with her until I can get established here. But I wasn’t expecting The Toy master to acknowledge our talents at design. “I know it was crazy when with Santa himself placed an order making us his official helpers!” They started walking through the factory to oversee the workers and usual routine in the factory. Mary reassured then said, “I think we are going to make the deadline if we work all night… You with me? Tenchi warmly replied “Nothing could drive me away.”

Tenchi Masaki

Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Color #
A year had passed and everything remained pretty much the same. There was a beautiful winter snow coming down this year however, which usually signaled good things to come. Jack had expanded production lines as promised and got some of his trains from Home 01 delivered to help transport cargo and the citizens of Toyland to and fro. Business was booming and the city was bustling with activity Mary had become even more popular with the townsfolk since her kind personality shown through her gothic demeanor. They had even learned more about Bogeyland and the outer wilds. Mary made sure to tell Bo Peep not to wander into dangerous places looking for her sheep and ask for help when she lost them.

The factory had become the driving force in the economic world of Toyland. Of course there were those who lamented the loss of cookie currency potential. It was now once again backed by hardtack. The people’s money was more secure this way and that’s how Jack liked it. However there was one who didn’t and he was leading the opposition to all this: Silas Barnaby. His already substantial fortune was lessened to a degree which was all he needed to hate it. Fortunately were not here to discuss Barnaby’s economic reforms.

The people had more important things to do such as get licensed to drive new cars. These would be considered go cart size in our world but here they were the norm. As a result as long as you had gas berries you could get around more quickly. Bo Peep had gone out as she usually did and much preferred walking to driving as her sheep couldn’t fit in a car. She was minding her own business tending her sheep when all of a sudden Barnaby appeared and greeted her. “Why good morning Miss Bo and how are you today?”

“I am fine.” Said Bo quite unsettled that Barnaby was there. “I am happy to hear that and would like to extend the courtesy of you becoming my wife. Soon you shall be the most powerful and richest woman in town!” Horrified, upset, and slightly disgusted Bo Peep replied, “I’’m… flattered that you fancy me, Mr Barnaby but I must decline your generous offer.” Barnaby became enraged and said “You cant refuse me! I’m the most powerful man in town you’ll be my wife or else!” Bo Peep angrily said “I will never marry you! You wretched old man now leave me be!”

Barnaby snarled and said “You haven’t heard the last of this Bo Peep!” Barnaby left in an even fouler mood than usual and decided to torment some random townspeople to make himself feel better. On the way through town he saw a new arrival, a man dressed as a jester. The jester was juggling balls and attracting a crowd. “Step right up and try to beat me! All you have to do is pick the right cup! Hint, it’s the one with the red ball inside. So don’t be shy and give it a try!”

A couple of people came forward and formed a line each one tried to pick the correct cup but all of them failed to do so. The jester shrilly shouted“Better luck next time Georgie Porgy! Ha ha ha ha ha!” As Georgie walked away in defeat Barnaby approached the jester and said “I was planning on making people miserable today but you did it wonderfully! I am Silas Barnaby Barnacle and may I ask your name?” The jester formally introduced himself with a bow while saying, “It is a honor and a pleasure to meet the illustrious Barnaby! My name is Theodore West and lets just say my family is known for our wickedness where I’m from and I’m so happy to meet you!

I’ve been hearing all about your mistreatment of everyday people ever since I arrived in town a few weeks ago. Since then I’ve been trying to rebuild my own bad reputation no thanks to that do gooding little girl from Kansas Dorothy Gale! So I figured I’d start by scamming the locals and work my way up up up!” I’m pleased to hear that my good jester now off to my house and let’s have a toast to doom and gloom! Off went Barnaby and the Jester to toast to all things dark and wicked. Fortunately those good things previously alluded to were going to show up soon, they just didn’t know it yet…

Charlet was on the run from a boy detective named Ruslan who was trying to get his first arrest. She had made herself known to Acme Detective Agency and had ended up being placed on Interpol’s MAPL: Most Adorable Pickpockets List. But this was not enough for the little miss. Being Miss Maple as she called it was fine but she decided to “broaden her horizons” She had met an Acme detective named Tenchi and become his lab assistant. This had brought a bunch of gadgets into her possession. Her favorite was a computer book that was given to educate her better than public school ever could, but she used it to watch lock-picking videos on YouTube when she had free-time.

Her coat and brand new shoes were what she loved the best. Her coat had many devices woven into it for helping her test inventions and not die. But her new Red Bunny Boots were self heating and like bunnies, the fur grows longer in winter! But for playtime to be fair, Ruslan needed stuff from Tenchi as well. So he got the Cyber-Sleuth a Smart phone with multiple features to help him find Charlet and make her pay!... For stealing his heart.

Tenchi Masaki

Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Color #
To catch her more easily he has a glove that fires rope to catch crooks on the run. But that does get harder when their brand new shoes have skates that pop out with rotating wheels to better navigate sharp turns. Ruslan couldn’t take it anymore if she just stopped running he’d arrest her and get video game money. But no she liked playing hide and seek. She had led him to a train yard near Tenchi’s house Home 01 and had crawled onto a train that Tenchi had told her to specifically stay off of; The Toyland Express. But good luck getting kids to listen when a train looks as amazing as this one does.

So on the train she hopped, and started exploring the cars more than hiding. That is until Ruslan caught up with her… “Freeze Charlet! You can’t escape this time!” Said Ruslan trying to do his best cop show voice. Charlet not to be outdone yelled, “You’ll never take me alive! You’ll never figure out my chart, they’ll call my crime a work of art!” What are you talking about? Your pie chart very clearly shows what order you planned to steal the pies in. I was on your trail by the time you swiped a gooseberry, now where are they!?

I’ll never tell!... Unless you give me a hug that is. More to the passengers than Charlet Ruslan shouted “ I don’t need your crooked cooties! “ Charlet then said “Well catch me if you can, Ruslan!” Charlet darted off to hide from Ruslan with him running after her. She dove into a pile of stuffed animals more because they were fluffy and cute than to pick to be a hiding place.

And after Ruslan ran past her towards the rear of the train she could explore more. The train had state of the art technology but it was designed to look like a train from the turn of the century or earlier. There were many trains there at this hour some were futuristic looking, while others looked like steam locomotives, and still others were radical designs from current and past inventors. They all had come to Home 01 since Tenchi was the only one crazy enough to fund their designs. But Charlet was all about the trains today, and was going everywhere she could even hopping to other trains as they were so close to each other. Basically getting lost in the wonders of being children though, she never lost sight of the Toyland Express.

Ruslan was exploring on his own as well pretending he was seriously searching for Charlet but eventually he too was running around just to see what he could. When he gazed out of a window on one side he saw the Hogwarts Express replica that Tenchi built between two train cars as one was backing up to join to the other. Ruslan couldn’t believe his luck that train was too far away to safely run over to and the trains were starting to depart. Just when he thought it couldn’t get any worse one train had begun to move and revealed the train known as The Polar Express. Ruslan knew that train went to the North Pole from the stories his parents told him and he wanted to forget about catching Charlet and run over to that train right away. But his job came first and he knew he needed to find Charlet wherever she was.

That didn’t stop the tears from forming though but being a professional he didn’t have time to cry over spilled milk or missed trains. Besides this one was amazing in its own right who cares if it didn’t go to see Santa he could catch the Polar Express another time. He decided to start asking people if they’d seen a girl in red “Excuse me sir have you seen a girl in”and they kept strangely replying they had not seen Little Red Riding Hood get on the train so she should be in Toyland. Ruslan saw that asking was getting him nowhere plus, these people were dressed differently like they had come from another country or something and he would just tell the conductor that he was riding the train to locate a thief. While it was cliché it couldn’t be helped. Just then the train whistle blew and it started to depart for its destination.

Ruslan told the conductor what had happened just to hear back Little Red would never steal pies and she didn’t board the train yesterday, so she couldn’t be the culprit. Ruslan wanted to get to the bottom of this already and decided he would find her alone. Charlet meanwhile had decided to have a tea party with her new stuffed friends. It was the least she could do they helped her hide from Ruslan so she called the trains club car with her Burner Phone(a thief’s best friend) and they sent tea and cakes to her location. She was very gracious to them since she hopped on the train she wasn’t expecting service but they said it was complimentary as the people she was with were in the sleeping car.

Puzzled Charlet didn’t see any other people around and said “Hello who else is here?” To which the stuffed animals responded, “We are of course! And it’s a pleasure to meet you Little Red Riding Hood!”Charlet was a bit surprised by stuffed animals talking to her but she proceeded to go with it, being a kid has its advantages after all. “When did you start talking? You weren’t moving before.” “Well you were hiding behind us and we didn’t want to to get in trouble so we stayed still.”

The stuffed animals happily arranged the tea and cakes for their little party. It got to the point where you’d think a musical number would start, and then it did! “Wow!, I’ve never been included in a spontaneous song and dance before! You must be magic bears or something! Where did the music come from?” The leader of the Furries replied ”You ask many questions Miss Hood.” Charlet said in a professional tone while politely sipping her tea, “I’m a child, and my names Charlet.”

Tenchi Masaki

Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Color #
“Touché.”So anyway where were from singing and dancing randomly is perfectly fine. And soon we shall get there. “Yay! How soon?” Hmm, about two days if we stay on schedule.” Shocked Charlet exclaimed, ”Two days!? I haven’t been in a vehicle longer than two hours!” Charlet then looked out the window and saw a viaduct curving around the landscape and at the end of it, a sudden end to the train tracks.

Just then Ruslan entered the car just as the area connecting the cars had metal plates sliding into place causing the train to look like one solid piece. Charlet and Ruslan were a bit scared to say the least but the Furries were getting excited. “It’s almost time to fly! Oh hello young man do you know Miss Charlet?” “You bet I do! I finally found you!... Why is the bear talking?” “Not now my sweet honey cop!” Charlet hollered, as she got more excited about what was happening.

“ The trains gonna start flying when we get to the end of the tracks!” “Trains don’t fly!” Ruslan said still scared. “Well Tenchi’s trains do, so get ready!” The train went on to the viaduct and went around the bend to the straight part leading to the ramp. Just then a voice came on the speaker and said, “Passengers please prepare for liftoff shortly. Keep your hands and feet inside the train at all times as we will be sealing the windows for your protection.”

The train moved to anti gravity tracks and the wheels began to systematically fold in as the windows were sealed shut by the system. The kids could see a huge spiraling cloud off in the distance and it looked like the train was aiming for that as it hit the ramp at the end and went hurtling through the air! The snow was coming down now and the train blasted right through it towards floating tracks positioned at points along the spiral of the cloud. As the train hit the first section of tracks it occurred to Ruslan what was happening and he noticed he was holding someone’s hand in his, as his excitement joined hers and every other child on the train. They were traveling on tracks suspended on the clouds for the next part of their trip. Charlet remembered Tenchi telling her about Minovsky particle physics and how it can be utilized to make stuff float; which was the only part of the lecture she cared about.

“Ru-Chan this train is traveling on tracks utilizing a dual lattice of Minovsky particle reinforcement!” Ruslan reacted with a look of complete utter confusion. “ What language are you speaking?” “Um Japanese and science pretty much, Tenchi said when you arrange Minovsky particles in a lattice it creates a repulsing effect and enables a ship or train in this case to float. The cloud has a lattice in it and the tracks are making one too, so it’s like two magnets repelling each other. So since the cloud can be shaped however Tenchi wants we get to travel using the trains hover mode.”

“For now anyway, after that the train will fly on its own to Toyland. Every other train that can fly can use this track system to conserve energy instead of flying on their own power the whole way.” Well needless to say Ruslan was slightly impressed with what Charlet was learning by being Tenchi’s assistant, and felt he should probably study more to keep up with her. Mostly he focused on the cars and planes at Home 01. Deciding that arresting Charlet would be pointless as Acme most likely did not have jurisdiction in Toyland. This meant he was on vacation for the foreseeable future and deciding getting to know people would be his best option.

The Conductor decided to authorize use of the bedroom in the sleeping car reserved for Jack or Kylie when they were traveling on the train. This request went through without a hitch as Charlet was officially registered as a VIP for being lab assistant. Ruslan not so much as he was registered as a guest of Charlet and had to receive formal recognition from Tenchi himself. “I really need to work for Tenchi, maybe I can take spare cases that he gives me?” Ruslan pondered.

Charlet responded with a feeling of pride, “Well if there’s one thing Tenchi does well it’s take care of people, especially his friends. But who are Jack and Mary?” In front of them as they proceeded to make their check in official was a room door that had buttons with the names Jack on the left and Mary on the right. The conductor told them to both press the buttons and that would configure the room. Only one of them had used it at a time now both buttons would be pressed at once. Upon pushing them there was a noise on the other side of the door and when it stopped the door opened and revealed a lavish room with all the holiday decorations since it was that time of year.

Both Jack and Mary’s beds arranged in 45 degree angles facing each other near the back wall with red carpeting with gold trim and highlight on top of which, Christmas trees and wreaths adorning the space with a fireplace with Christmas stockings hung with care. In all a lot had been done with the space at hand. Their check-in done both of them walked around the train and said hello to everyone. They went and said hello to the likes of Little Boy Blue, Tom Thumb and his friend Thumbelina, Teddy Ruxpin, The Gummi Bears, and the Care Bears who were on their way to the annual Teddy Bear Picnic event hosted in Toyland, Tom the Pipers son, and Hansel and Gretel to name a few. The conductor decided to personally chaperone these two mostly because he was a caring person, and partly because he hoped to get a raise. The train would be stopping at Cloud Bank before heading Towards Toyland proper till then the kids would be enjoying their train ride with their new friends.

Tenchi Masaki

Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Color #
Meanwhile back in Toyland Mary was having an unwanted visitor at the Toy factory… “For the last time the Factory is not for sale you wretch. Now go find someone else to torment.” Said Mary in her usual tone of indifference. Barnaby was always coming around asking about buying the factory but this time he had a new friend with him. They had been running around town feeding off each other’s dastardly deeds. And in their childlike excitement ran into the factory to torment Mary. But as always Mary was defiant and wanted them gone as fast as possible.

But Barnaby and was extra slimy this day and replied, “You know Mary you could still run the factory after I own it… as my wife.” Mary not one to take sudden proposals lightly refused, plus she had heard that Barnaby was trying to get Bo Peep to agree to marry him as well. Barnaby then reminded her of the cookie factory and he had no intention of agreeing to Jacks handling of the currency. If he couldn’t have the Toy Factory to offset his finances through extra profits, He would take the Cookie Factory… or ruin it. Kylie fiercely shot back, “You just try it you snake Jack will never let you have the Cookie Factory!” It was moments like this that made Barnaby prefer having Mary as his wife than Bo.

Bo Peep was beautiful and innocent even when angry; but Mary Contrary was quite scary. And it didn’t take much for him to mistake a glare of stern defiance from a girl, for the look of someone who could be turned to the side of evil. Barnaby was crazy after all. Not getting enough of her pretty eyes, Barnaby then reminded her he owned the mortgage to her mothers house. And if she didn’t agree to marry him, he could confiscate their home; and he really hoped she did not take that as a threat. Mary was sickened by the lows he would stoop to, and gathering her composure said in a restrained voice, “Forgive my rudeness Mr Barnaby I will consider your… generous offer.”

Barnaby satisfied stated while caressing her arm, “That’s more like it! You should know It’s always good to be nice to the boss, don’t you think?” Mary defiant as she could be said while pulling her arm away, “No.I do not! And Jack will get the money to pay the mortgage off!” Barnaby said “Well see about that when the time comes my dear, but in the meantime you should go shopping for a wedding dress.” Barnaby and Theodore then left the premises and went on to further ruin peoples lives at the Cookie Factory the next day.

As they were approaching the employees ran and hid since they didn’t want either of these wastrels signaling them out. They yelled up at Jack who was on a platform looking down at the Factory floor and said, “Don’t you think its time to give up this ridiculous currency scheme of yours!? My ideas for the economic future of Toyland are far grander don’t you think?” “And its such a *chuckle* pleasure to meet you Jack my boy! I am Theodore West and quite frankly I think your cookies stink!” They both proceeded to laugh out loud while Jack reminded them his ideas were sound from a mathematical standpoint, and that’s all that mattered to him. Definitely not the ramblings of the village idiots. Which of course stopped their laughing instantly.

“Now buzz off you clowns and that goes double for the actual clown.” Jack aside from turning the economy around had brought automation to the toy making process. The people loved his humble nature especially when paralleled to Barnaby’s egotism, it was almost to easy really. Theodore proclaimed, “I am the great Jester not to be trifled with! My magic is known far and wide, challenge me and you’ll be tossed aside!” Jack retorted, “Oh look it can rhyme, now begone your wasting my time!”

All the workers appeared from their hiding places and laughed out loud at the exchange between Jack and the Jester. The Jester infuriated stated, “When this boy insulted me, you all should not have made a peep. Now I’m afraid I cant help you find Bo’s sheep. My magic would have found them wherever they roam, now you’ll have to find them and get them back home!” True to form Little Bo Peep had lost her sheep and didn’t know where to find them. She was crying on a large toadstool next to Miss Muffet who was sitting on her tuffet, eating her curds and whey.

She assured Bo Peep her sheep would be found like always. But it would have to wait till Barnaby and Theo left Main Street. Seeing as how they’re Cookie Factory assault was failing miserably the dastardly duo retreated with what was left of their pride. Work returned to normal and Jack went to meet Mary to help organize a search party to find the lost sheep. Georgie Porgy was the first to volunteer simply because Tom Piper wasn’t there. Jack decided Georgie should organize the townsfolk who volunteered, so they could find Bo’s sheep as fast as possible. Mary told Jack about Barnaby’s visit yesterday, and Jack told her about his encounter.

Jack suggested, “Mary, I guess we should go to Capones for pizza to make you feel better.” Mary coyly said back, “What will I tell the other boys when they find out, hmm?” Jack while getting lost in her beautiful eyes jokingly said, “Oh, that’s right your quite popular Miss Contrary, the Delilah of the five and dime.” Mary playfully responded, “Exactly, I don’t have enough room to eat four pizzas.” They both laughed while a man in a cart rolled by yelling Easter Eggs! get your Easter Eggs here!

Tenchi Masaki

Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Color #
The Toyland Express was making good time as planned and that makes a conductor happy. The train was pulling into Cloud Bank Central and after that a few hours more to Toyland. Little boy Blue would blow his horn when they arrived, Tom Piper would dash to see a certain someone and her sheep, and the teddy bears would have their picnic. Ruslan couldn’t take it anymore all this crime solving potential was being wasted on him. He needed to set up a Detective office ASAP, and would refrain from trying to arrest Charlet as there were more important things to do, like sightsee.

As the train came to a stop there was a huge billow of steam and the train returned to how it appeared before taking off the passengers could disembark to Cloud Bank Central to catch another train or stay on the Toyland Express. The scenery was surreal: Clouds ranging in light shades of color from white, blue, and purple snaking outward from the center with tracks weaving throughout them, having trains coming and going at regular intervals. Shining golden lights from the train cars and well as light posts at Cloud Central gave it a very intentionally designed warmly lit look at dusk as well as nighttime. Ruslan and Charlet came off the train with the conductor right behind. Who was happy to show them around. “This way kids we’ll get a better look at who else is arriving from over here first then well go to the shops and waiting areas. Of course the kids were a little taken aback by what they were seeing. They had been on the train for what seemed like forever, and it took a little bit before they wanted to move from where they were.

But that moment passed as the conductor understood how they felt. It was like this for first timers and so he began to show off the viewing area and just then Ruslan saw someone and froze in amazement. The individual was coming in his direction and he had to say hello to be sure, so over he ran. “H-hello I-I’m R-ruslan and you are,” He nervously said. “Oh hi my name is Link and I’m from Hyrule. And this is her royal highness Princess Zelda.” Ruslan had been so caught up in fanboyism that he didn’t realize she could be here as well. Now he struggled to introduce himself to her.

Which went about as well as you would expect at this point but to his credit he was able to say hi to both of them without passing out. Charlet was a tad jealous at this display since he never acted this way around her, and proceeded to cross her arms and do her trademark pouty face. The conductor reassured her that Ruslan would return to normal… eventually, and that they should continue on their tour. Ru-chan was very much in his own world but started to come back to reality as they saw the different sights and met new people. Charlet in particular was making quite the impression as people knew she was Tenchi’s, that is Jack’s assistant and were giving her the mini celebrity treatment. Ruslan asked who Jack and Mary were and the Conductor told them everything. Now they knew who Jack and Mary really were and what they had been doing.

The Conductor then said, “There is one you should watch out for in Toyland however and that’s Barnaby. He’s been trying to get Mary or Bo Peep to marry him, and lets just say they’re spoken for. That boy there is Tom Piper he wants to get back to Toyland to see Bo Peep most as soon as he can. And Jack is very protective of Mary especially when Barnaby is around. Of course everyone in Town knows Mary is crazy for Jack, except her of course!” After the shopping, snacking, and greeting it was time to depart once again.

On the train they went, completely refreshed for the final leg of their journey to Toyland. But things were getting worse for our heroes and the people of Toyland as time weren’t by. Barnaby and Theodore were going to see the nefarious Walter Wiley. Theodore started retelling the story of Walter, “Wiley had worked his whole life, pursuing a wealthy life, but just got bitter and lame… The people that he chose to reject, would then be made to erect, a monument to his name! He sounds like our kind of guy Barney boy.” Barnaby smiled and said he is Jacks rival, a mad scientist of devilish machinations.”

Wiley of course wasn’t a people person and resented Jack for being smarter than him. He hid in his lab scheming up new horrifying designs and brooding in his spare time. His lab was the typical mad scientist setup but Wiley decided it was a revolutionary furniture arrangement since he made changes here and there to test tubes and Bunsen burners which were larger than usual. To top it off he was a sore loser to boot and refused to acknowledge progress others made and said it only counted when HE did it. Therefore he was working on bringing automation to Toyland and designing a computer to send the economy into a golden age! When Barnaby and Theodore told him the situation in town, he was more than happy to help out and in a rage sinisterly said, “With my evil devices Jack will be destroyed, HAHAHAHAHA!!! And Mary will know the power that she spurned.”

Barnaby replied “Wasn’t aware you were into Mary, Walt.” “Oh you think she’s cute too huh?,” said Wiley with a smile. Now the three conspired in musical fashion to make all their plans come to fruition.The next day, Jack and Mary were finishing up talking to the volunteers who were going to find Bo Peep’s sheep. Now remember we all are going in search parties to your designated locations and through perseverance our search will be over soon! The townsfolk cheered and started to search in yet another musical sequence, for Bo Peeps sheep.

Just as that was happening the Toyland Express was coming into town going through an arrival musical number.Needless to say this morning was quite… noteworthy.The conductor took the kids to the outside of the train next to a newly created statue of The Big Bad Wolf and said, “It has been my pleasure to get you here, and as Babes in Toyland you just follow one simple rule: Believe in toys, and all they stand for and you may meet the Toymaster. Now keep a pep in your step and hope in your heart, cause that actually works in this place.” Ruslan and Charlet bid the conductor farewell as he had to tend to the train, and went into town with the rest of the passengers. When Ruslan came across the first billboard he saw he ran over to it and posted his flyer which he made while traveling on the train. It was advertising that he was a detective and if you needed cases solved call or email him using Toynet.

Tenchi Masaki

Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Color #
This gave his Cyber-Sleuth a prompt that said for starting a business he would receive a starter car and other entrepreneur entry level supplies, as opposed to the civilian standard issue starter supplies courtesy of the Home 01 Initiative. Ruslan was surprised and delighted to know meritocracy was being rewarded in Toyland and wanted to work for Tenchi even more. He smugly remarked to Charlet, “See Charlet, this is what happens when you protect the law instead of break it. Soon my detective business will be known all over Toyland!” However his excitement quickly fell through the floor when he saw that it was a Toyland standard child model. A mini go kart sized car that even then wasn’t as big as the bigger cars were. It even had a smiley face on it.

Charlet burst out laughing at the sight of it; and the thought of Ruslan driving the cute baby car. The car models name was the Toddler 1, since it was a starter car for children. The adults got the bigger go-kart sized cars. Charlet inquired about the girl version and the sign replied the Baby Boomer 1. Charlet happily said, “That’s a much better name than Toddler 1!, Gimme!“ Another mini-car emerged from the automated garage that Ruslan’s had come from, and over drove a very chic, candy apple red car for cute and astute little girls.

Charlet proceeded to place her Hollywood sunglasses on and say, And now with Baby Boomer and your *giggle*little Toddler we can find Jack… and this Mary girl,” Her eyes narrowed at the mention of her name but she quickly offered words of encouragement to Ruslan. “Don’t feel to bad Ru-chan, Jack doesn’t want weak minded guys who worry about what other people think to work for him. So he places subtle obstacles in place to weed them out, like little cars with smiley faces for example.” Lucky for him and the rest of Toyland Ruslan wasn’t so easily discouraged. And had been so focused on getting his first case he had stopped caring about the cars appearance. But Charlet saying that did help, and then he replied, “I agree and since our new Toy Watches can sync with each other we can split up and find them faster.”

But just then the Cyber-Sleuth focused on line marks leading up to the statue and while he was photographing them, Ruslan heard a “baa,” sound behind a bush near the sign. He looked behind it and there was a baby sheep with a green ribbon tied to it. His Cyber-Sleuth scanned the sheep and verified it as one of Bo Peeps sheep which had been reported missing. It noticed sheep tracks leading to the road however and suddenly ending in the street. Finally it downloaded a case file which had been posted on Toynet. Ruslan tagged the sheep with a tracer and it would be recovered by the police.

Ruslan got credited with finding the sheep but wanted to know why the tracks ended in the street. The case he was sent was a little less than normal to say the least but he had two mysteries to solve. So off they drove deciding to meet in the town square when they were done. The other case wanted to know who had painted a wall blue. Ruslan was determined to solve this one quickly but he had to interview possible suspects. He spoke with the person who posted the case and heard that the wall was painted without permission. Ruslan saw that the wall was at least 50 feet high and 100ft long the Baker said it happened relatively fast and that it could not have been more than an half an hour since it wasn’t painted before his pies were done. But when he came back outside it was all blue.

So Ruslan checked the area and saw large hand and foot prints in blue paint. Scanning the prints, he then narrowed the suspect list down with a search on his Cyber-Sleuth to people who painted and began building a list of suspects by going to see them and asking questions. When he had his final list of those he thought could be the culprit, He had them assemble in a line up. He immediately crossed off Little Boy Blue and all the other shorter people in the line and had figured out it had to be Mr Bronto, a large blue dinosaur… holding a paint bucket with blue paint. Mr Bronto upon being identified said he must have painted the wrong wall and apologized to the Baker. His first case solved, Ruslan still had the sheep to find and went to help in the search.

Charlet meanwhile was driving through the shopping district and came across an Odds and Ends store. She decided to look inside and meddle but came across a wicked plot being hatched in the back room. She overheard someone scheming about vengeance and other standard villain tropes she would regularly hear at Vile and knew something was up. Theodore however was using his powers to spy on the situation as Charlet had triggered a motion alarm. Theodore couldn’t help but comment on the situation in musical fashion.

“Wiley felt that he deserved some renown, and thus would march into town, to make the townspeople pay. Charlet had crept inside the shop, and then she chose to eavesdrop, to see what was going down! Well Wiley said Toymaster will bend, and then he’d force him to send, Jack Nimble out of this town!. But just then! The motion alarm went off, and Charlet found herself caught, in the middle of this bad plot! She started to runaway to hide, and soon she got inside, a place to hide from these guys! Now Wiley knew that sweet little girl would surely o tell the world and so she had to be stopped. Summoning his Minions of Merch, he ordered them to go search, and find the girl in the shop!”

This caused a rustling from the ceiling and a bunch of robots fell to the floor and proceeded to rise to their feet with their eyes activating changing from yellow to red. While hiding in the scariest place, dear little Charlet’s heart raced the girl was frozen with fear. But just then! She snuck from her hiding place, to try to leave this bad place, and one of the robots then said Brzzt! SHES OVER HERE!!! Charlet had been spotted and exclaimed “Oh crap!” She proceeded to run as fast as she could until she saw a vent and crawled into it. She got back outside the shop and ran to her car and sped off. The robots were still searching for her in the shop and only Wiley came out to the front door.

Tenchi Masaki

Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Color #
I’ll get that girl soon enough, now find her! Charlet thought to herself that man was a weirdo, and his robot craftsmanship could use a lot more work. From what she had learned from Jack the robots were crudely bolted together, and had typical jerky mechanical movement. These were the telltale signs of a cash strapped mad scientist. With proper funding and patience in building his designs, he could be a problem. Charlet radioed Ruslan on her watch to report in, “Hey my one and only, I met a bad man in the shopping district who wants to attack the Toymaster.”

Ruslan in the process of cutting his teeth on his first cases in Toyland responded proudly, “I found out who really painted a wall blue; Mr. Bronto the dinosaur!” Charlet said impressed “You never cease to amaze me Ru-Chan!” Ruslan responded “so you like how I solved the case?” To which Charlet said, “No that case was lame, but your talking to me on your watch which means your driving one handed already!” Charlet then met up with Ruslan and they proceeded to join the sheep search which was coming up empty, save one of Bo’s sheep which Ruslan had found earlier. Ruslan greeted Charlet and asked about her encounter to which she said, “Wiley was trying to attack the Toymaster with his MoM bots. We can deal with him later let’s get the sheep found.”

But try as they might the sheep were not in Toyland and Bo Peep started to cry again. Tom Piper and Miss Muffet tried to make her feel better. And then Jack and Mary returned and had to calm the whole situation. Jack decided to call off the search and concluded that the sheep were not in Toyland, and must have wandered outside the gates. The townsfolk went away to take a break from the search and Jack and Mary saw two familiar faces. “Hello Charlet, what are you doing here? Even though I know the answer already…” Charlet happily said back, “Yep I snuck on the Toyland Express with Ru-chan and we’ve been hanging out here!”

Ruslan quickly interjected, “I didn’t sneak on anything! I was pursuing Charlet and got stuck on the train. I then made the best of the situation at hand sir!” “Call him Tenc-I mean Jack you kiss up!,” Charlet said. Ruslan shouted back, “I’m not kissing up! I’m being respectful!” “Ahem,” said Jack you’re both in trouble but we can talk about that later, right now we have to deal with Bo’s sheep.” Mary had gone over to Bo and was helping her feel better.

The only sheep that was found was returned to Bo who thanked Ruslan for his efforts. One is better than none after all. Ruslan had decided the sheep might have been taken but he didn’t have any evidence to support that theory. That is until Jack told them about what the Jester said at the Cookie Factory. This made Ruslan suspect that the sheep were sheepnapped; a theory which was shared by Jack and Mary. But that would mean having to go into the world outside of Toyland which was not exactly safe. As Jack and Mary gave Ruslan and Charlet Toyland 101, they went over the dangerous places, that being Bogeyland, The Forest of no Return , and the Goblin Woods.

They would have to look outside the gates of Toyland to find clues as to the whereabouts of Bo’s sheep. With that decided they set off to the street that Ruslan found sheep tracks on. Jack said most likely the sheep fell from a vehicle being used to transport them out of town. Once they fully prepared they left Ruslan and Charlet at Mother Hubbards house and went off to find the sheep. As you can figure out the kids weren’t to happy about that decision, and decided to follow Jack, Mary, Tom, and Bo into the Forest of no Return. As Jack scanned for any signs of sheep activity Mary kept a lookout for any dangers. Just then they came to a sign that would lead them into Goblin Forest.

Trolls were watching from the shadows but they were mostly harmless as long as you kept your distance. The trail led them to Goblin Forest and they overheard a gathering of different tribes from around the woods. The Goblin king himself was there and was agreeing to a deal for the sheep with the Jester. MoM bots were holding the sheep in a wooden cage and it looked like they were going to be cooked and eaten when the deal was done. The Jester was explaining he was one sheep short because it fell off the truck. Our heroes knew they had to do something so they started making a plan which was immediately interrupted by the kids coming up behind them and Charlet asking, “So what’s the plan?” To which Jack started to respond, “Well ferret were going to… why are you here!?”

To which Charlet asked, “Philosophically speaking, why are any of us here?” Mary found this to be quite adorable, and admired their courage for following them into such a scary place. Jack told them to be quiet, as he and Tom decided to cause a distraction by making a loud noise so they could sneak over and get the sheep. Then Charlet asked if she could use the sonic emitter in her shoes and was quickly denied since it would affect the sheep too. Then in order to start the celebration most of the goblins who were there started to dance about, while others started putting a cauldron over the fire. Seeing their chance they snuck over to the cage and started to free the sheep. But since the whole focus of this tribal dance number was the sheep, it ended with all the bad guys looking at the cage.

Pretty much an awkward situation for all parties involved. The Jester pointed his staff at the gang and said, “Well, we’ll, well, if it isn’t our resident goodie goods. Trying to take the sheep, will end in your eternal sleep! Ruslan couldn’t believe what he was hearing and said, “His rhyming is really bad…, ” Angered the Jester yelled, “Let those sheep go you brat!” To which Charlet simply stuck out her tongue. The Jester was a bit surprised by this sudden display, but more so the goblins, who immediately suspected a trap.

Tenchi Masaki

Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Color #
Suddenly Jack and Tom made their move and drew their swords to hold off the goblins. While that was happening Ruslan and Charlet crept over to the cage and opened the door. The sheep ran over to. BoPeep and the three of them led the sheep away and back to Toyland. As the Jester tried to explain what was happening, the Goblin King ordered his goblins to attack the kids. Bo was leading the sheep away, so Charlet clicked her heels together and then her sonic emitter activated. The jesters eyes widened as the goblins scattered away from Charlet covering their ears. The Jester screamed, “First my sister Theodora… then Dorothy Gale, and now you! I will not tolerate anymore red interference!

Charlet slightly insulted replied, “My name is Charlet you dumb clown.” She then cutely spun around pointed at the Jester and finished her introduction, “Say it with me now, Charlet!” The jester of was letting his anger get to him and moved to attack Charlet with a fire spell, but Mary stood in front of her and the Jester grit his teeth and backed down. The goblin king however could care less about Barnaby’s wedding plans, and was outraged he had a feast celebration go to ruin. So with a loud roar he sent the few goblins that remained forward. Jack and Tom started fighting the goblins that advanced while the rest of the gang ran with the sheep. Then after fighting off the goblins Jack and Tom made their escape as well.

The Goblin King flew off in a rage with his subjects to fight another day. The Jester yelled You may have won this round, but the next will be mine! I’ll get you my pretties and your little sheep too! The gang had escaped and were running past a graveyard and Charlet decided to take a small detour. Mary went after her and said they should go straight back to Toyland but Charlet wanted to explore the place. She came across a grave with the name scratched off it and started wandering around it never losing sight of it. Charlet then started talking about how this was like really creepy and started skipping around saying “dayo!, dayo!”

Mary told Charlet this graveyard was where the dead were known to rise there were rumors that girls like Rottytops and her brothers hung out further northwestward from here. Charlet commented that Mary was weird in a good way and had protected her, so she liked her now and said she could keep being Jacks friend. Mary giggled at this and told Charlet she would like to be her friend too. Charlet said that was fine, but she wished she could meet Mr. Beetlejuice cause he is really cool. And as Charlet started talking about him she ended up saying his name two more times. This made the grave with the scratched off name start to rumble.

All the other grave stones started shaking around, and eerie green lights began bursting from the ground. Then the ground in front of the grave exploded and Beetlejuice rose into the sky. Beetlejuice looked down and said, “Well hello babes! It’s so nice to see you… and you and you,” he said pointing at Mary’s chest. Mary informed him she had no problem putting him back in his grave and to show more courtesy to women. Charlet was overjoyed and began asking him questions nonstop, and if he could spin his head around. Causing them to strike up a rather quick friendship.

But just then other familiar ghosts appeared not wanting to believe someone would summon this spectral terror. Blinky, Pinky, Inky, and Clyde were not to thrilled with what Charlet had done, but Mary told them Mr. Juice’s reputation had been greatly exaggerated. Then they decided that they would just follow Mary around since she was wearing a yellow dress after all. They started orbiting around her and needless to say this fit with Mary’s personality quite nicely. Heading back to Toyland They were greeted by the townsfolk and everyone went to the center of town to celebrate. People were extra jubilant since they managed to find Bo’s sheep before the upcoming holiday, Ballet Day.

A lemonade party began and Beetlejuice was al little upset saying, “Don’t you geeks have anything stronger than lemonade?“ To which Mary responded saying, “Of course we do Mr. Juice would you like some coffee?” Tom Piper of course was dancing with Bo Peep, and Ruslan started to blush when Charlet folded her arms and waited like he wanted him to ask her something. Ruslan asked Charlet if she wanted to dance and Charlet responded, “It took you long enough, and I would love to Ru-chan.” The party being well underway. Jack and Mary had finished talking to various people about what had happened. This included her Mother Hubbard who wanted all the details since she needed fresh bedtime story material for all her kids. Then Jack took Mary’s hand and they started to dance as well.

The people gathered around to watch these two in particular, but elsewhere others were watching as well… Barnaby was wondering how hard it could have been to steal sheep and sell them off. The Jester fumed that he was foiled by meddling kids and that next time those dancing fools would be beaten. Wiley was more concerned with the state of his MoM bots who were carelessly tossed aside by all parties involved. He surmised this was intentional on Jack’s part since he knew Mary was completely impressed with his technological skill. The Jester suggested that maybe it was because his robots were crap. Which Wiley said was impossible his Computerized Robotic Automaton Puppets(CRAP) bots were a completely different robotic series to which Barnaby and the Jester just stared at him. Wiley hissed, “It doesn’t matter, Jack will declare my genius soon enough!”

Watching the citizens of Toyland having such a good time was making them feel sick. So they went to plot and scheme around a table in a dimly lit room. When the party ended all the people went home of their own accord, and tucked themselves into their nice warm beds eagerly anticipating Ballet Day. Alls well that ended well; goodnight Toyland.

The next day was a hectic one since Mary had to help find Bo Peep’s sheep the both of them didn’t have time to prepare for Ballet Day like normal, so they had to finish preparations in the early hours of dawn. This wasn’t a problem however since they got a good nights sleep and preparing for Ballet Day was almost as fun as participating in it. But then they remembered Charlet didn’t have a dress, so they would go shopping for one.They were also scheduled to meet the Toymaster today and Mary wanted Ruslan and Charlet to be formally introduced to him. After they awoke this fine day the girls of the Hubbard household descended to begin Ballet Day with a musical number about grace and poise, while stretching and practicing ballet moves. Of course Beetlejuice however, decided to follow that girly song up with a little “Shake Senora”. After the girls floated back down to the ground, they then set out to the shopping district to get a dress for Charlet.

Tenchi Masaki

Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Color #
Betelgeuse however wanted to play jokes on people with Charlet and cause general mischief. So Mary made Betelgeuse stay and Charlet had to go with the ghost team BPIC. Although Pinky, Inky, and Clyde had no problem following Charlet red as she was around Blinky was a tad threatened but they worked out a compromise in that Blinky would orbit Charlet from time to time. The little lady found this to be quite fun in itself; playing follow the leader with brightly colored ghosts was quite enjoyable. She marched forward and repeatedly said “grace and Poise” trying her best to imitate Mary’s poses she had seen.

Then she dubbed their group the Color Gang and skipped down the street singing, “I took my troubles down to Madame Ruth!, You know that Gypsy with the gold cap tooth!… I told her Ruslan was a flop with chicks! He’s been this way since twenty one six!… He didn’t know if it was day or night! He started kissing everything in sight!...” On and on she sang while the ghosts flew around inspecting everything they could before it was time to go back to Mother Hubbard’s house.

Mary would be taking Charlet out shopping for a dress then to see the Toymaster, but Barnaby and the Jester had other plans… Having thought up a new devious plan, the Jester would be tricking Mary into wearing a amulet that would make her stupid. Then she wouldn’t be able to run the factory anymore and would want to sell it to someone who could namely, himself. Barnaby would simply give it to Mary when he went to visit Mrs. Hubbard. As a motivator he would be reminding Mrs. Hubbard about owning their mortgage and how a simple marriage to one of her daughters could solve this problem. When he arrived at Mrs. Hubbard’s, she said she would gladly accept Mr. Barnaby’s gift and letter on Mary’s behalf. As she was not at home at the moment; and would be informing Mary and Bo Peep of his generous offer, and that they would be continuing to pay the mortgage as previously agreed. Barnaby once again left the Hubbard house to return to villainy.

Mary, Bo, and Charlet were in the dress shop trying to find a dress, while Jack, Tom, and Georgie were in the Cookie Factory since 6:00am,.making sure everything was going smoothly. Special cookie orders baked yesterday for Ballet Day had to be filled today on time. Reputations were at stake, and Georgie Porgy would not let that reputation fall! All final orders were being loaded onto delivery trucks to be sent to their final destinations. Once loaded on the trucks the final shift would end and everyone would celebrate! Georgie Porgy excitedly declared, “We did it Jack! All orders are on their way and we surpassed the record on Raspberry Ripple!”

Jack feeling the accomplishment of hard work paying off declared, “We surpassed all our goals from last year Georgie! You’ve earned this Raspberry record accomplishment! Your “Respect the Raspberry!” campaign really worked wonders!” Georgie even more happy and slightly embarrassed, took the lead in a triumphant musical marchdown the streets of Toyland. As Jack and Tom started singing others knowing how hard Georgie had worked this year joined in. “Let’s hear it for The boy of the hour!, Let’s hear it for the boy of the day!, Let’s hear it for the boy of the month!, No more than a month, the whole year!”

As they marched through the shopping district they went past the dress shop and the girls came out to wave at the Man of The Year Georgie Porgy. Jack asked Mary while marching in place how the shopping was going, and Mary replied that it would be faster if boys would stop interrupting by playing war all the time. Girls need to take their time with these delicate affairs. Georgie Porgy saw Charlet who told him he deserved the praise and Georgie gave her a Raspberry Ripple cookie to tide her over till lunchtime. Just then Peter Cottontail hopped in to sell his Easter Eggs. Jack told Mary before marching off, that the boys would be marching around town to the Toy Factory where they would check on the the finished products. Then Mary and himself would take Ruslan and Charlet to see the Toymaster.

Ruslan wanted to go with the other boys but was stuck shopping for clothes he looked around the store at the various tuxedos and dresses for boys and girls then his curiosity paid off when he found a picnic basket. He asked the seamstress if she had dropped it and the seamstress said that wasn’t hers and that it belonged to Little Red Riding Hood and it’s not like her to forget her favorite basket. Ruslan logged it as clue into his Cyber-Sleuth. The girls were able to get back to picking a dress but Charlet found it a bit more difficult, since Blinky kept possessing the dresses which turned them red. But once Mary cut that nonsense out they were able to find an authentic red dress that Charlet wanted. The head seamstress said she made that dress with Little Red Riding Hood in mind. It was the perfect dress for her right down to the smallest detail, and after trying it on they paid at the front counter and left to drop the dress off at Mary’s house.

Once they got back Mother Hubbard gave Mary the gift and letter that Barnaby had left. Mary read the letter aloud so Bo Peep could know what it said as well. It stated that Barnaby wanted them to come away with him to his castle in Spain. Mary and Bo Peep knew what that meant his creepy mansion on a hill in Toyland. He had used this sad attempt before and must have been running out of sleazy ideas to use. Bo Peep went upstairs with Charlet and the rest of the Hubbard siblings to get dressed, but Mary didn’t read the rest of the letter aloud since it said that Barnaby would seize their home since he owned the mortgage.

Mary forgetting about the letter took his gift and opened it. It was a beautiful necklace with an amulet attached to it Mary held it in her hand and the spell took effect. She thought the necklace was pretty and put it on. Mary just had to finish up the financials for the Toy Factory which normally would have been quite simple, but now she found it vexing, and trying to do the math kept making her head hurt. Mary started wondering why there were so many bills and started to express herself in a more fun way; musically!

Tenchi Masaki

Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Color #
“The price of milk and eggs and bread keeps rising everyday! Now with our bank book in the red these bills are hard to pay! If we stopped buying chocolate cake and lived on green string beans… exactly how much would it take to live within our means? Put down beans and cross out cake. Let me see… Oh dear me! What a job to undertake, milk plus bread; Oh! My head! We must save the six percent, six times X; how complex! Numbers always pick our brain why are we so dumb!? This is much too hard for us, we cant do the sum!”

Mary then gave up trying to do the math since it felt like four voices in her head at this point and sadly decided, “There’s no hope for me I can’t get out of debt. If I marry Barnaby, that’s the end why pretend. Am I doing right from wrong? My heart feels so numb… This is much to hard for me I cant do the sum. While Mary was considering marrying Barnaby Jack Tom and Georgie were arriving at the Toy Factory to check on the new Toys. Tom stated that, Toyland luck is getting better everyday Jack! The Toymaster is going to be so proud of what’s been done!

To which Georgie said “These toy soldiers are amazing! Fully articulated with multiple accessories even cannons!” Jack then proudly informed them, “I also designed with air and sea in mind having an air force and navy gives complete war game potential! Now all we have to do is shrink them down to their intended size; but first they have to be inspected by the Toymaster.” Jack, Georgie, and Tom left the factory and headed back to their homes to fully start enjoying Ballet Day. Knowing their final checks were complete the toy soldiers were green lit for production.

All that was needed was a potential buyer specifically, the Toymaster who was going through his own important routine. It was his job to make sure all toys were well made and well loved. It was also customary to meet new arrivals in Toyland. Such as Ruslan and Charlet who were being led to him by Jack and a seemingly distracted Mary. So the Toymaster made sure to finish his toy testing early in order to meet them. When they arrived Charlet and Ruslan started wandering around looking at everything they could. It was a very warm, inviting home outside and in and when the doors opened the Toymaster cheerfully greeted them and they went inside. The Toymaster said hello to the kids whom he had been hearing about from the townsfolk.

They would write letters about various things, which would be sent to the Toymaster; with many pouring in starting around the fall of every year. From Georgie Porgy to Miss Muffet; Everybody was commenting on Toynet about how helpful Ruslan and Charlet had been since they arrived. Mary caught the Toymaster’s attention since she wasn’t her usual disagreeable self and was going along with the opinions of others without question. He asked her how she was feeling to which she replied, Pretty Pretty and told the Toymaster about Barnaby’s letter. Knowing this the Toymaster needed to confirm one thing so he said, “Mary how do you feel about the six percent your mother owes on the Mortgage?,” He waited as if expecting a specific response.

Mary started singing again and responded, “Picture us inside a tent, beastly poor, insecure! We can’t save the six percent; six times X how complex! Numbers always pick our brain, why are we so dumb? This is much to hard for me I cant do the sum!” The Toymaster then knew Mary was under a stupid spell and proceeded to ask her what she started wearing recently.

Mary told him she got this shiny necklace from Mr. Barnaby and why Jack doesn’t buy her pretty, shiny, cute stuff. The Toymaster told Jack to remove the necklace since Mary was getting upset and starting to cry. Jack went up to Mary and got very unexpectedly nervous as she gazed at him with those big pretty eyes of hers, which usually had a look of disdain for all things sunny in them though, they had mellowed sort of, back to how they used to be since she started reintegrating with the bright and cheerful people of Toyland. She told Jack while longingly looking into his eyes, “If you take this Jackie, you better give me something yourself.” Jack’s face started to flush red, and both of their faces began moving closer together as Mary’s eyes began to close; Jack took the necklace off and Mary returned to normal.

Jack needed to distract her which wasn’t exactly difficult in order to remove the necklace without her throwing a tantrum. Charlet started hopping around in a circle while saying “Yay! My boss is not a creep!” Jack reminded Charlet to be on her best behavior in the presence of the Toymaster. Mary wasn’t so happy about what had happened and suspected Barnaby was involved. “Jack were you going to take all day to get that necklace off?” Jack simply said, “Well my dear these thing must be handled delicately after all. And now to make Barnaby pay.”

“Not so fast Jack,” said Nicholas; Barnaby can be dealt with in due time, but for now we need you to meet someone Ah! More specifically I mean Ruslan. Ruslan came forward and was introduced to Simon Seville. “It’s a pleasure to meet you Ruslan. I’ve heard a lot about you the time it took you to receive and solve your first case was quite impressive. But I would like to ask your help on a missing persons case regarding one Little Red Riding Hood. She hasn’t been seen for three weeks, and it was hoped she would show up on Ballet Day but she is still nowhere to be seen.”

Ruslan had been gathering clues with his Cyber-Sleuth; and reviewing it made him reexamine clues he collected. First was the physical evidence of her basket from the dress shop, there were drag marks leading up to the Big Bad Wolf statue and the marks lead to someplace called Witch Hazels. So Ruslan and Simon would be following up on the lead. Charlet was upset since she knew where this was going and said “You’re going to run away and play detective again, aren’t you? Ruslan said “Yeah, we have to find Miss Red. We’ll be at work Cherry, don’t wait up!”

Tenchi Masaki

Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Color #
You can’t call me that and go after another red girl you dork! Now away with you! Wouldn’t want to keep Simon waiting would we? I’ll just go play with Jack and Mary.” Charlet did her best to handle the situation with class, but it was clear she’d prefer someone else to deal with this. Nicholas told her she could go to see the toy soldiers with them and Charlet screamed “Yes!” And guests would be accompanying them as well, A door opened and in strolled a rough and ready cowboy. Each step he took caused his boots spurs to make the trademark sound of a western hero he tipped his hat to the ladies in attendance and with a smile introduced himself to the kids “Howdy Iil ones, my names Pecos Bill.”

So off our heroes went in different directions again. The Toymaster arrived at the Factory and inspected the toy soldiers. He was quite pleased with his order being so masterfully done. Each soldiers uniform was intricately detailed to be accurate to the time period of the 17th to 19th century. Their faces were all cast from proper molding techniques and painted with high quality hand made paints. No corners were cut on any of the accessories which were properly made from wood or steel. And needless to say they would make any kid or adult collector happy to have.

Charlet was of course going out of her way to do her own inspection so to speak. While the big people were talking about adult stuff, she was running in between the rows of soldiers. She climbed into a plane near the back and it started to move towards a door which opened. “Oops!” she said as she was taxied outside and lucky for her there were no automagic parts engaged. This of course didn’t matter to the person outside who had been woken from his nap by the ruckus Charlet was causing and seeing her in the plane caused him to shout out, “Hey, get your butt outta that plane lassie!” Charlet said back, “Who’s asking?” The short man said, “Gabby that’s who!”Charlet puzzled said, “Who?”

Gabby shot back, “Gabby!... Gabby!, Gabby!, Gabby! I’m from Lilliput… met some guy named Gulliver… He was going through a travel phase…” No matter what he said nothing rang a bell with Charlet. So finally he sighed and said I Know D.Va from the Overwatch Organization… Charlet knew who D.Va was and wanted to meet her, but Gabby had to put the plane back inside. He worked at the Toy and Cookie Factory as a mechanic and in his field he was the best so he liked to say. Charlet told him she was Jacks assistant and he totally asked her to get in the plane. Gabby informed her that he’s not stupid; she snuck in, and activated the test system.

Charlet agreed with his assessment, and got out of the plane and started running around shouting, “I’m a plane!” While holding her arms outstretched. Gabby returned the plane to the inside of the factory and closed the doors. Once back inside, he told her about the automagic system installed in the toy soldiers and certain weapons that would use magic to operate on their own without a magic user. While that was going on Ruslan and Simon were back at the statue and properly following the marks on the ground hoping to trace them back to their source. Along the way they were finding traces of cement pieces and cement dust which the Cyber-Sleuth analyzed.

When they went into the shopping district it led up to Witch Hazels shop. The two of them searched around the outside of the shop and the back They saw some of Wileys MoM bots. They were patrolling in the backstreet of the store but they were otherwise harmless. “They must be in safe mode,” remarked Ruslan. “I agree,” said Simon in a hushed voice, “We should act normal.” So the two of them walked past the MoM bots and saw the cement trail ended at the back door. They proceeded to continue around to the other side, and back to the front.

Then they went inside and saw a bunch of trendy merchandise for sale by the owner Hazel. She told them she hadn’t seen Red Riding Hood and that they sold cement there which was called Magic Sealing Cement. Hazel told them Wiley bought cement on behalf of Barnaby and the Jester. Ruslan said, “That’s all we needed to know Ms. Hazel. I hope you have wonderful Ballet Day.” After saying goodbye the two returned to the Toy Factory where the rest of the gang were.

Once the Toymaster heard about the cement he told everyone that is used to seal or glue magical things together and that the Big Bad Wolf Statue was resting on a pedestal of it; and was made of it as well. So he wanted Jack and Mary to Go to the statue and sprinkle the contents of this bag on it. Jack not one to disappoint a friend(or a potential buyer) took the bag and went with Mary to the Big Bad Wolf Statue. They sprinkled the magic dust onto the statue and the statue began to crack and light started emanating from the cracks as they developed. Then the statue crumbled to dust revealing a statue of Little Red Riding Hood frozen with an expression of fear on her face. She slowly started returning to normal and then recognizing Jack and Mary looked at them and asked what happened.

The last thing she remembered was the Jester pointing his magic staff at her, then everything went dark. Jack said she could talk about everything back at the Toy Factory. When they arrived the Toymaster told Miss Red that she was placed under a petrifaction spell by the Jester and since it wasn’t a particularly good spell the Jester needed to reinforce it with Magic Cement. The Toymaster then told her that it was Ruslan and Simon that gathered enough information to figure out what had happened. Miss Red thanked both of them for rescuing her and gave each of them a hug. Charlet which had been observing the whole situation with Gabby one row back reminded Ruslan that she saw him first; while Gabby rolled his eyes and remarked, “Oh great, now there’s two of them.”

Charlet and Red Riding Hood paced around each other and commented on each other’s wise selection of the color red. The rest of the group commented that they did look quite similar. Then there was a knock at the door when it opened D.Va came in apologizing for being late. While Charlet and Ruslan started jumping around D.Va and asking her questions, Mary said those three scoundrels are getting worse everyday. While Pecos Bill said he knew a tornado that could take them varmints away.

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((So... is it me or does the board not process double-space between sentences as double-space? Kinda bugs me, but I'll live))
    Quote Link
  • I :
    Guest invaderhorizongreen has joined the room.
  • I (Guest) invaderhorizongreen:
    Deric Storm said:
    Invader, have you checked your spam folder. Sometimes, I've had password reset emails go in there
    yes I have checked spam nothing
    Quote Link
    I even have the site white listed, for a wild shot can any of you post a new question in the guessing game I had set up
    Quote Link
    I would like to see if that will get my email to ping
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
    I know that might just be a shot in the dark but why not try
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Sure why not?
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I hope you get it fixed Invader!!
    Reactions: Jade
    Quote Link
  • Dj Inn(Djinn) :
    Dj Inn(Djinn) has left the room.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Good Morning everybody. I hope you all have a wonderful day :)
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know a group of Jellyfish is called a Smack? -Nat Geo
    Quote Link
    Smack O’ jellies is now a term
    • Haha
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((OOC: So, I am still here (at least, while ACP is still a thing, then I have to tether my phone to my laptop, send it's internet to Ethernet to my router and setup my other laptop to access that... I managed it once totally by accident)... updating stuff I'm working on is not a fun process (if anyone checks my stories folder on my Google Drive) anymore... the laptop at my desk is old (Core 2 Duo, 2Ghz, 4 gigs RAM, Win7 Ultimate)... Chrome won't update, Drive won't work... I'm stuck using FreeFileSync to keep stuff up to datep things synced. I have plans of getting a job and having money to have something better (a doorstop is better)
    • Love
    Reactions: Julie Justice
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    [continuing] I'm sorry if any of my posts are/could be inflammatory or anything... some of them are stuff I've had in the pipeline for a while, and I messed with it enough to get it postable... that's why there are dates showing when I started working on stuff... I'm not, and never have been, trying to step on anyone's toes or say "this is how it should be"... I have no say here, not sure who does these days (like I posted... maybe this is a test to see if we devolve into chaos). Posts like Hierarchy were started long ago, and meant as a guideline and not because I'm the voice of Sauron.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    [continuing] I don't have the time to be here a whole lot, I don't have much beyond mom to help with my rent (and once I have a job, that'll take up more time, though I will keep working on stuff (both for here and not) as often as possible, and post when possible on here. I have a question that needs some clarification... being that we are supposed to get permission from the person if we use their character in an addition/story/post, how would that apply if the character is core to the universe (like Carmen... I can replace @Chase, maybe cobble someone into @Ivy's place... but, like @Carmen, being that she's a major character, as long as I don't have her acting or write a major part for her, would that circumvent the rule at all?
    • Love
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    [continuing] I'm just curious... the absence of the major's leaves a gap that I'm not sure what to do with anything... we (the Left Behind) could do a story together (or some stories separate), and that'd be cool, but without being able to use any major's, I'm not sure where to take anything. And, yeah... you can probably guess what my typing is like here (or anyplace else)... I type here or in Word, I type something (or notepad), and 15-20+ seconds later it shows up, so I have to stay on top of my grammar and spelling. I have to keep on top of all that, because I'm working on the big Carmen story at the same time, so I can't slip off my game.))
    • Love
    Quote Link
  • Julie Justice Julie Justice:
    @Jon Eckart Not exactly sure if I understand all your computer probs. I hope you get those resolved soon. Yes, I have many probs with my basic Google Chrome, too. I think it's fair to say we all have a love/hate relationship with technology. 😆 As far as your stories are concerned, you can use any cannon character you like, whether there is a person playing that role on here or not. Say the story is a fanfiction; and that the version of Chase, or Carmen (or whoever) from the computer games, gameshow (or whatever). We don't do Netflix Carmen, mostly because of the violence. And because it is fanfiction, you can also create other characters and situations to suit your story. Now, Chase, Carme, Ivy (or whoever) were here, of course, you would ask their permission; tell them your idea; and if they like it they might write it with you. 🙂
    Quote Link
    @Jon Eckart Now, if you for a friendship with someone on--and off-site, you might form a partnership with them, and write stories together (like Chase and Carmen; or Chase and Ivy; or Lucy and I) and then you will just put a statement saying that this story is a co-write with whoever. In fact, if you collaborate with this person a lot, people will just assume they have your permission; although you should always say it anyway, just as a common courtesy. In fact, ironically, the only people whose permission you must always ask to use their characters are "original" characters, who are creations of their individual writers (which most of us on here, are) specifically because we are not cannon. I hope that makes sense. 🙂
    Quote Link
    @Jon Eckart Now, if you want to write something, but don't have a lot of time, I would suggest posting a status; or replying to someone else's status. Or you could start a guessing game. Look under Forums/Guessing Games, and look at some things other people have done, to give you ideas. I hope that helps. 🙂
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know that the Mockingbird is the state bird of 5 states? Florida, Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Texas.
    Quote Link
    It seems the Mock-5 is unstoppable... Go Speed Go!
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just heard on the news they're going to have to remove the Sakura trees in Washington because of damage to a sea wall. They have to build a sea wall and replant new trees.
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    They were a gift from the mayor of Tokyo!
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Okay wait. Only 158 of the 2,500 have to be taken down. They are also taking clippings from the cut down trees to propagate new ones
    Quote Link
    Lucy Lucy: Okay wait. Only 158 of the 2,500 have to be taken down. They are also taking clippings from the...