ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
The kid, laundry room ghost.
Color #
0000FF
I just want to say thanks Chase for a IC chat that gave me some ideas for this.

Kristine stood at the door, at long last she had returned and was now hoping Chase was in. She just had a run in with VILE ,that had put her out of it for the past day or so. Somehow she had barely managed to get out of this scrape. Though inwardly, she was still a bit shaken over the whole incident.

"Come in." Came the voice of Chase.

"Good to see you sir." Kristine said in relief.

"I hear you got yourself into a bit of trouble." Said the director.

"You could say that." Kristine replied looking down at the floor, while crossing her arms.

"I am just glad you are alright." Chase replied a bit concerned.

"Do you know anything, about someone named Flag?" Invader inquired.

"No." Was the reply, but inwardly Chase was now very concerned.

Hearing that name made his blood a little cold, but he did not want the one before him to know that. He was a member of VILE, that under no circumstances anyone dared anger. Just hearing that she had gotten tangled up with him was concerning. At least she was now back here unharmed to his knowledge. Though from what he had been told, this might have ended badly. There was also a mention of another person as well whom he did not know much of.

"Would you mind telling me what happened?" He inquired. "Need a glass of water, while we are at it?"

"No I am good. Kristine replied. "Lets just say I got tangled up in a book heist."

That got her a sightly raised eyebrow, then a look of concern.

"I see, please continue." Offered Chase.

"More like the person who originally stole it, dumped it on me, and well I took a few things off it." She replied.

"At least you are alright." Offered Chase.

"I was very afraid, I have no training with you guys yet." Kristine exclaimed. "I could have been seriously hurt."

"You manage to keep your composure, that is a good sign." Reassured Chase. "You were also rather resourceful, and thought quickly on your feet."

"Thanks." She replied settling into a chair.

"Were are they now?" Asked Chase.

"The book? In the hands of VILE,the gems back at the old laboratory." Kristine admitted.

"How did you send them?" Chase inquired.

"With the help of some friends of mine." Kristine replied softly. "You do know about the concept of, artificial life forms."

Chase was familiar with the construct of such an idea, however this greatly concerned him.

"I am host to some." Kristine replied. "I picked them up on my travels."

"You are a host to them." Said Chase not quite believing her just yet.

"Hold on let me see if they are finished with their nap." Kristine instructed while tapping her arm.

A small crystal appeared only it was glowing a soft purple color.

"Well that is good they are a little cranky, but not enough to be mad." She explained.

Soon more crystals were gathered, and transformed themselves into a butterfly shape. The color changed to a soft golden glow, the butterfly flew at chase and landed in front of him. Chase was now pleasantly surprised and was not expecting that.

"How long have you had them?" He Inquired.

"A very long time, the glow means they really like you that is rare." Kristine replied. "You can go ahead and pet them if you like, they wont harm you."

Chase reaches out and touches them, surprisingly they are a little warm but not a hot kind of warm. More of a soft radiating heat, like an electric blanket. He watches as they duplicate themselves, and fly back to Kristine to sink into her arm.

"That is just an empty shell, that is for you to keep." Kristine offered. "Take that as a token, in regards they consider you a friend."

"I have nothing further to offer you." Concluded Chase. "I am glad that things turned out alright."

"Thank you sir." Said Kristine getting up.

"By the way, I would like you to start some training." Chase instructed. "I will let you know."

"Aright, that means a lot." Kristine said leaving the room.

Chase just sat there in deep thought at this new development, perhaps they were right in taking them in.

The end.

Jade

ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Jade
Color #
0099FF
That's a good story so far,Invader! :cool:
Reminds me of the Interview with The Chief at the Studio only this story has Chase instead!:D

Best answers
Color #
White
I like that this story tells us a bit more about you. It explains why you call everyone "them." Good job. Very cool. ;)

Neb

The VILEiest VILE to ever VILE a VILE
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Nebuchadnezzar (Neb) Ullyss (formerly Kid Kidman), Kitty, Seryy Pripyat
Color #
323E4F
I like this!
/was in no way involved with this book heist whatsoever

Chase

Director
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
Hey, thanks for writing and posting. Nicely done, and gives a good prelude to Flag & Kidman's posts as well.

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Is everyone ready for the solar eclipse on April 8th, 2024? :)
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader:
    yes
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Affirmative
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I’m staying inside
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just found a wolf spider in my house. :D
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    one of the GOOD spiders you want around because they eat all the really bad bugs in the house. We put them outside :)
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know there are over 400 species of parrots in the world??
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know David Attenborough was knighted twice? First in 1985, and again in 2002
    • Wow
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Jade and Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    @Lucy ... don't know if you really want wolf spiders in your home... I'd go for jumping spiders, they can't bite... wolf spiders are the fast movers, and they can bite.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    And, jumpers are cute
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((Will lose my ACP internet towards the end of the month, unless anyone knows about it ending sooner. Trying to switch my Lifeline phone to a better provider that doesn't shut me off after four and a half gigs of data, nothing but failure so far and "call here" and "it's on their end" and the back and forth crap... in the morning, it's time to demand the supervisor and might even get to harsh language (after three days of that). I plan to use the Lifeline phone tethered as Internet source, share that to my own router... I've done it before (it's messy, and not 100% effective, but it works). ))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((The 'net is the main way to apply for jobs now, so I need that, and I've moved/changed Lifeline providers before without an issue, so no idea what the problem is. I have active Verizon through ACP, active Lifeline through Airtalk... is that somehow the issue? If anyone knows, please let me know before I tear someone a new one (ya know what I mean). After three days of this, and two days about a month ago, I'm ready to walk there with katana in hand.))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the phone I have (Samsung Galaxy S9... gotten for free through Airtalk... note to anyone: if you choose a nice phone through them, you are locked into a 120 day "commitment" to get the phone for free, and they have a very hard data limit... once you use up your data, they cut you off, point blank.))
    Quote Link
    Jon Eckart Jon Eckart: ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the...