Link to this message

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chase Chase:
    Companies now are taking steps they believe they need to take, it happens every cycle. Usually all the little SMEs will do this kind of stuff first, before the bigger boys start changing their stance.
    Quote Link
  • Deric Storm Deric Storm:
    because Gillette's sales plummeted after those ads, if I'm not mistaken, right?
    Quote Link
  • Chase Chase:
    Actually, no. Gillette sales are completely unaffected.
    Quote Link
    really???
    Quote Link
  • Chase Chase:
    Yeah, and they're actually receiving an unprecedented level of consumer engagement and coverage.
    Quote Link
  • Quote Link
  • Chase Chase:
    Gillette isn't only selling in America or to men. Many women shave, many women buy razors for their household. The ad appeals to the 'correct base' of decision-makers.
    Quote Link
    i'm honestly surprised. Usually, when you're a product that caters to men and you basically call all men rapists, you'd think that would affect the bottom line
    Quote Link
  • Chase Chase:
    You'd think, but no.
    Quote Link
    Then again, it's weird living in the US right now
    Quote Link
  • Chase Chase:
    The man behind the ad, technically, is Pankaj Bhalla.
    Quote Link
  • Chase Chase:
    Granted Gillette has always been in that pool of mass market, anything that happens to that brand is almost a 50-50 shot.
    Quote Link
  • Chase Chase:
    Another controversy was the Dolce & Gabbana on Chinese model eating Italian food with chopsticks fiasco.
    Quote Link
  • Chase Chase:
    That actually had a negative effect on the brand, one that it is still trying to recover from. China decided it was racist, and slammed its purse.
    Quote Link
  • Chase Chase:
    Money is power in this case, as in many cases.
    Quote Link
  • Chase Chase:
    The people threatening to boycott Gillette did not have enough purchasing power to affect the brand. Those who agreed with its message was enough to offset the balance.
    Quote Link
  • Chase Chase:
    The people who found Dolce & Gabbana racists, though, had enough power to hurt its sales.
    Quote Link
  • Chase Chase:
    D&G is facing a fallout of about 400 million Euros in sales, if I remember correctly. It's been dropped by multiple distributors and retailers.
    Quote Link
  • Morgan Morgan:
    I'm sure D&G will recover. The Italians have a way with fashion. Coincidentally enough, I shared a meal with a Missoni barely 24 hours ago, and this very topic came up.
    Quote Link
  • Jacqueline Hyde Jacqueline Hyde:
    Eugene said:
    Even though Leia floating through space was egregious, the straw that broke my back was in the last jedi when shots from star destroyers arced like there was gravity in deep space.
    This is a perfect post.
    Quote Link
    Claire Yeon said:
    @Jacqueline Hyde watch the ep and then we'll talk. I have SO many feels right now.))
    I've never seen GOT. "Who won?" was a joke about the title. Though I do love Dany, in part because for a long time she and Maisie Williams' character (Arya?) were the only ones I was even aware of, thanks to Tumblr.
    Quote Link
    Incidentally, I've never seen a Star War either. My media experiences are... selective.
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    @Jacqueline Hyde, Hey I found this today during a case. look familiar? :)
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader:
    (I am not much of a star wars fan at all, I enjoyed star trek for a bit, but am mainly a horror fan)
    Quote Link
  • Charlet Charlet:
    I don’t watch much of anything
    Quote Link
    Charlet Charlet: I don’t watch much of anything