Link to this message

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • Jacqueline Hyde Jacqueline Hyde:
    i think she felt sorry for me because she knew i didn't have much of a female wardrobe at the time, and i wore a rather thin jacket that all my then-co-workers would remark on and ask how i wasn't freezing, and i'd always have to explain that it's much warmer than it looks.
    +1
    Quote Link
  • Chase Chase:
    Excess and America? I'm shocked.
    Quote Link
    *refrains from comment regarding the current residents of 1600 pennsylvania avenue*
    Quote Link
  • Morgan Morgan:
    @Jacqueline Hyde, And you must have at least one trench coat. Soon, perhaps.
    Quote Link
  • Chase Chase:
    Seems like a thing they teach you at Women school.
    +2
    Quote Link
    @Morgan ohhhhh is it the prescription part of pharmacies that's foreign to you? i thought you meant the general "walgreens has a bunch of makeup and skincare stuff" part
    Quote Link
  • Chase Chase:
    Trench coat 101
    +1
    Quote Link
    it comes between shadowsan's stealth 101 and ... whatever bellum's class is called
    Quote Link
  • Morgan Morgan:
    @Jacqueline Hyde, it's the sheer size of a pharmacy. You have seemingly entire malls dedicated to what is essentially a dispensary.
    Quote Link
  • Eugene Eugene:
    Are these secrets about Women school something us ACME guys should really hear about?
    Quote Link
    @Eugene clearly, they're hardly secret
    Quote Link
    @Morgan ahh, i see. our "pharmacy" chains tend to be mini-marts with a pharmacy in back. that's what's odd?
    Quote Link
  • Chase Chase:
    I have selective hearing, so... I'm mostly understanding 'pharmacy', 'coat', 'cold', 'friend', 'explain', 'jacket'...
    +1
    Quote Link
    it does amuse me that for some odd legal reason, presumably related to that, rite aid can't call itself rite aid pharmacy anymore. now it's just rite aid, with the word pharmacy underneath and in small print "DEPARTMENT WITHIN"
    Quote Link
  • Chase Chase:
    I think Morgan's talking about how CVS is both a pharmacy and a mini mart, yeah.
    Quote Link
  • Morgan Morgan:
    What is CVS?
    Quote Link
  • Chase Chase:
    A giant, when you see it, run.
    Quote Link
  • Eugene Eugene:
    Ha.
    Quote Link
    @Morgan one of the three major us pharmacy chains
    Quote Link
    i guess i didn't realize boots and its ilk weren't as big as cvs/walgreens/rite aid
    Quote Link
  • Morgan Morgan:
    No, they're tiny in comparison.
    Quote Link
  • Eugene Eugene:
    (I remember what a novelty it was when Walgreens started springing up around Anchorage a few years ago, to the point it made the front page of the news one day.)
    Quote Link
  • Morgan Morgan:
    Although healthcare in the United States is more of the responsibility of its citizens and not its government. Perhaps that's why pharmacies are like shopping complexes.
    Quote Link
    @Eugene i'm pretty sure it was in the news when walgreens came to my hometown too, though we had two rite aids. they didn't get a cvs till about, oh, six or seven years ago.
    Quote Link
  • Morgan Morgan:
    Does a town have to be a certain size before that sort of investment comes in?
    Quote Link
    Morgan Morgan: Does a town have to be a certain size before that sort of investment comes in?