Link to this message

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • Morgan Morgan:
    Does a town have to be a certain size before that sort of investment comes in?
    Quote Link
  • Chase Chase:
    It should, but really, this is America... so the size of a town is irrelevant to the potential profit margin. If it's a small town with a lot of people of a certain income bracket, then it's going to get considered before a larger town with a smaller income bracket.
    Quote Link
  • Eugene Eugene:
    I'm sure they do some kind of analytics.
    Quote Link
  • Eugene Eugene:
    Although they made their push up here right before a severe downturn in the state economy, so it's all a gamble.
    Quote Link
  • Chase Chase:
    Always a decent gamble. Even with that Amazon deal thing falling through. Who'd think?
    Quote Link
  • Eugene Eugene:
    Demonizing Amazon seems to be the popular trend lately. I'm having difficulty separating truth from fiction.
    Quote Link
  • Eugene Eugene:
    I'm all for Amazon. The more successful they are, the better my paycheck looks.))
    Quote Link
  • Pitya Ivyr Pitya Ivyr:
    Sets down books and curls up beside fireplace to drift off i am going to head to bed for a bit- Have a field trip tomorrow which means early morning. See you all in a bit.
    Quote Link
  • Morgan Morgan:
    I've heard the news, but I haven't researched that. Was it something about not accepting unions?
    Quote Link
  • Eugene Eugene:
    Good night. Enjoy your field trip.
    +1
    Quote Link
  • Quote Link
  • Morgan Morgan:
    Good night, do sleep well. @Pitya Ivyr
    +1
    Quote Link
  • Chase Chase:
    Have a good sleep
    +1
    Quote Link
  • Eugene Eugene:
    I believe it was more than just unions. Popular politicians resisted Amazon.
    Quote Link
  • Jacqueline Hyde Jacqueline Hyde:
    @Morgan in the case of the nyc hq2, it was partly jeff bezos being an unconscionable human garbage bag, and partly that amazon's presence has had a pretty horrible effect on seattle
    Quote Link
  • Eugene Eugene:
    That, and there were allegations of deals behind closed doors.
    Quote Link
    because amazon higher-ups are paid so well, the housing prices in seattle have gone way up, so people have gotten priced out of their homes.
    Quote Link
  • Morgan Morgan:
    I see, thank you for that, of course. @Jacqueline Hyde
    Quote Link
    and people were angry about the potential for the same thing happening in queens.
    Quote Link
  • Chase Chase:
    There's a vicious cycle going on, really.
    Quote Link
    it's also had a scary cultural effect in that women no longer feel welcome in seattle, if i understand correctly.
    Quote Link
  • Chase Chase:
    That, that's what I was hearing too. @Jacqueline Hyde
    Quote Link
    Eugene said:
    That, and there were allegations of deals behind closed doors.
    to be fair, new yorkers generally just assume corruption (whether fairly or not) because cuomo is so corrupt in general
    Quote Link
    only good thing i can say about him is he's with sandra lee
    Quote Link
  • Eugene Eugene:
    Point.
    Quote Link
    Eugene Eugene: Point.