ACME
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
The kid, laundry room ghost.
Color #
0000FF
I own only myself in this story and it is based on a dream, I own no one else . I will say I don't know the name of some of the people yet , so please bear with me. I have been granted an ok by kidman to mention them.

Out in the far reaches of space and time a figure named invader lay on the hill of oblivion in a slumber, and in danger of loosing herself forever. It is a lonely place that has no trees or living beings , the sky is dark with clouds and there is neither sun or moon. The place glows dimly with mist that curls like glowing grey smoke. The wisps swirl and no sound can be herd , all at once a lady like figure bathed in water that glows hovers over invader.

" invader.... invader ....... WAKE UP!! .... you are in danger !! " calls east wind concerned.
"but I just ..... want ..... to ..... sleeeepppp." mumbles Invader feeling cold and tired.
" you can't stay here , do you remember what brought you here?" asks east wind compassionately.
" a.... wind .... the wind ... between worlds ...a... storm... a storm like no others I have ridden on......." she mumbles almost slurring her words.
"do you remember where you have to go?" questions east wind firmly.
" a place far away .... a new world." Invader slurs nearly passing out.

As the east wind looms above invader , she sings a song and invader falls asleep knowing no more. The east wind picks Invader up, and they are flying away from oblivion. She arrives in the place beyond the bio dome that contains the ACME detective agency. She lands in the back alley, and sets Invader down. She is seen on the outside cameras as a streak of light falling downward. She casts a barrier around Invader to keep her dry and warm as she sleeps.

" farewell invader. " east wind sighs softly before ceasing to exist.

It was early in the morning at ACME headquarters 2:00 am to be exact, and all was quiet and still until a streak of light zoomed downward by the back of the building. Not a soul was around to witness it but a security camera caught it and alerted HQ. The alert went out to a certain detective who was awakened with a start. Chase was not the least bit happy to be woken up at such an hour, but after seeing the film footage he changed his mind. Grumbling he got out of bed and into his car heading towards ACME headquarters. Once arriving he found it was pouring rain, and that did not make him any happier.

Watching the video again he calculated where the streak of light had appeared to fall and headed towards the dead end alleyway in the back. Upon arriving he saw the figure of a girl curled up and sleeping peacefully but surprisingly dry despite the rain pouring down. The alley was choked with boxes that make getting close hard. Upon closer inspection the girl was not only completely dry, but the rain was running around her as if there were some sort of barrier between her and the rain. Hesitantly he reached for her wondering if this was a trap of some sort. Upon touching her the girl awoke with a start, jumped nearly out of her skin, and ran to hide in the nearest box. Chase was surprised at her reaction and decides not to chase her.

"come on out I won't hurt you." calls Chase to the girl in the box.
"......" Invader says while trying to look tiny in the box.
" I promise I wont hurt you , what is your name?" asks Chase in a gentle manner while reaching out to the girl in the box.
" .... invader..... sir......" Invader replies softly.
" do you know how you got here?" asks Chase now puzzled.
" .... no....." Invader replies like a child.
" do you remember how you got here ?" prods chase
" .... no ......" Invader replies growing upset.
" where did you come from?" Chase asks intrigued.
" ..... the .... hill..... the hill of ob....oblivion...." Invader responds wearily.
" are you hurt ?" chase inquires
"no......WHERE AM I !?! " invader yelps in alarm.
"the ACME detective agency headquarters" Chase replies reassuringly.
"I... sense... this is where I should be........ " Invader chirps.
"what do you mean?" says Chase confused.
" I don't know......... I just feel.... I belong here! " remarks Invader now annoyed.
"lets get you inside ok ? " Requests Chase holding out his hand.
" ...... okay.............." Invader responds hesitantly.

Chase offers invader his hand and she hesitates to take it, he seems ok but invader does not know him. She is clearly scared out of her mind but takes his hand. He senses her fear but kindly says nothing , he lets go of her hand, and she fallows him inside the ACME headquarters. Upon entering the building she halts and starts drinking in her surroundings, it is as if she has to fill her body and soul. All is quiet as there is not many detectives around and he tells her they are on one of the upper floors working.

Invader is invited to stay in an empty dorm room and he walks out into the hall to make a phone call. As soon as he has his back turned invader looks around the room and finds they can fit under the bed itself, and huddle there feeling safe. For good measure she steals the pillows and blankets off the top bunk and make a fortress out of it. Once it is done she sits in the middle of the room admiring her work. A detective she does not know enters the room scaring her badly. Invader immediately runs and wedges herself under the bunk, watching them with wary eyes. Chase enters the room and sees the detective trying to grab invader, only to have chase drag him away form the bed.

" I would not do that, you are scaring her!" Orders Chase loudly.
" sorry I did not mean to!" They apologize hastily.
"this one reminds me of that file on the person known as kidman we ran into."Remarks Chase growing concerned.
" do you think ..... ..." "she might be connected? " They openly ponder.
" I am not certain , but she did mention about sensing something about this place" Replies Chase bluntly.
" is there anything I can go on ? " They inquire.
" does the name invader mean anything or the hill of oblivion? " Chase replies.
" that does not ring a bell, anything else you could get from her? " They ask intrigued now.
"nothing , I think she may be suffering from memory loss, or a stress disorder" Chase sighs.
"I will run it by the chief, and see if you can get some more info out of her." They reply hesitantly.

Chase watches him leave the room and turns towards invader and asks if she is hungry, invader replies that she is a little. Invader is taken upstairs and asks for some chocolate chip pancakes. She is strangely silent as chase helps her with making them, but chase does not press her for answers. Chase notices that despite her child like emotions she seems rather wise. The two of them make a huge amount of pancakes and invader is led to a table, and he sits down near invader watching her eat.

" how old are you? " Politely asks Chase.

" 30 years old" Invader shoots back with a glare.

" you look young for your age." Chase chuckles.

"....." Invader almost blushes.

" just trying to break the ice kiddo." Chase muses while reaching out to touch her.

Chase notices a scar above her eye and grows hesitant about reaching out and ruffling her hair.

" HHHHHHIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" "DON'T TOUCH ME!" Growls invader at chase. "at least not without my permission"

Not expecting that reaction he pulls his hand away from invader and watches her as she stops eating. Something must have been done to her to react in such a manner and he moves a few seats down to give her some room. Once he is far away enough she resumes eating while keeping an eye on him the whole time.

The other detective comes in the room and tells chase he can't find anything in the files regarding invader. Chase apologizes to invader and walks out of the room with the other detective. When he leaves invader gets up and sets the plate and fork in the sink and runs water on it. Afterword she rummages around in her pockets and finds a sheet of paper and some crayons. She writes a thank you note to chase and sets in on the table. Feeling very tired she retreats to the dorm room and manages to summon a plush animal for comfort. Soon she is asleep smothered in sheets and blankets.

The end.

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Is everyone ready for the solar eclipse on April 8th, 2024? :)
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader:
    yes
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Affirmative
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I’m staying inside
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just found a wolf spider in my house. :D
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    one of the GOOD spiders you want around because they eat all the really bad bugs in the house. We put them outside :)
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know there are over 400 species of parrots in the world??
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know David Attenborough was knighted twice? First in 1985, and again in 2002
    • Wow
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Jade and Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    @Lucy ... don't know if you really want wolf spiders in your home... I'd go for jumping spiders, they can't bite... wolf spiders are the fast movers, and they can bite.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    And, jumpers are cute
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((Will lose my ACP internet towards the end of the month, unless anyone knows about it ending sooner. Trying to switch my Lifeline phone to a better provider that doesn't shut me off after four and a half gigs of data, nothing but failure so far and "call here" and "it's on their end" and the back and forth crap... in the morning, it's time to demand the supervisor and might even get to harsh language (after three days of that). I plan to use the Lifeline phone tethered as Internet source, share that to my own router... I've done it before (it's messy, and not 100% effective, but it works). ))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((The 'net is the main way to apply for jobs now, so I need that, and I've moved/changed Lifeline providers before without an issue, so no idea what the problem is. I have active Verizon through ACP, active Lifeline through Airtalk... is that somehow the issue? If anyone knows, please let me know before I tear someone a new one (ya know what I mean). After three days of this, and two days about a month ago, I'm ready to walk there with katana in hand.))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the phone I have (Samsung Galaxy S9... gotten for free through Airtalk... note to anyone: if you choose a nice phone through them, you are locked into a 120 day "commitment" to get the phone for free, and they have a very hard data limit... once you use up your data, they cut you off, point blank.))
    Quote Link
    Jon Eckart Jon Eckart: ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the...