Closed Tall Glass

Discussion in 'Role Playing Games' started by Ann, Jan 13, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. Lee

Lee Agent

Detective
    Color #:
    Lee Jordan watch Euge go about his business. Being the good 'host' that he was, he also explain to the attending students what @Eugene Grovington was doing. Only a few of them would be entering the plane at a time, so he thought it would be a nice treat to pretend like this was a museum tour.

"That's how the pros do it," Lee narrated, "nice and neat."

With that, Jordan also hinted to the kids that they could follow if they were extremely careful.

"And that, kids, is Looting 101," Lee commented sarcastically. Some of them laughed, others just shrugged. Jordan handed Euge a bundle of evidence bags in case he needed them and then gave the kids some too. Evidence collection and labeling wasn't really necessary at all in a site like this, but for younger detectives, it was good for them to learn.

"Don't abuse the sharpie," Lee reminded, "and by that I also mean no shoving it in your noses."

Derrin, Joe Kerr, Patty and 5 others like this.
  2. Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr V.I.L.E. Agent

VILE Agent, Part-Time Security Consultant
    Color #:
    8a2be2
    Joe let out a soft chuckle at @Patty's reply. VILE's golden girl never failed to put a smile on his face. In his opinion, her sharp looks were matched with both a sharp tongue and even sharper wit; she was one person he would never underestimate or mess with.

It also amused the Jester that @Jack seemed to have forgotten VILE HQ used to be in Antarctica; a cold desert but a desert nonetheless.

"Patty dear, if you can't hit everyone maybe you could focus on Ann. It would be highly improper for Jack and myself to lay hands on her anyway."

Looking back into the binoculars, Joe realized that the ACME crew had begun looking through the plane.

"Looks like our friends have started to loot the plane. Ironic that they will be the ones looted after all is said and done."

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
    Patty, Eugene and Lee like this.
  3. Ann

Ann Archaeology Expert

Archaeologist
    Color #:
    A60035
    Ann was quite aware of the less-than-professional way the pilot and commentator had operated on the dead airplane, though word had somehow eluded her when it came to the subject of the looted dog tag. Nevertheless, she was secretly excited to investigate the interior of the aircraft. Every expedition might positively or negatively affect her global reputation, and the recovery of the missing pilot's remains would certainly be good to her name.

The chilling night air of the desert wrapped its tendrils around her, and the archaeologist shivered as she gazed into the colorless maws of dozens of sand dunes, highlighted by a twilight-blue sheen at their crests. She hustled towards the spotlit fuselage with a dark box in tow, tracing a serpentine line as the back end dragged in the sand. Slowly entering the innards of the downed bomber, Ann carefully continued to tug the container in her wake until she was at the cockpit. She released her hold on the box and allowed it to set into the sand, then propped herself on top.

Looking up at the weathered pilot, the young woman gently patted at the lid of the box prior to waving at the skeleton. "Hello," she softly saluted. "I'm Ann. I came here to find you and bring you back."

She paused, attempting to imagine some grateful response drenched in a thick English accent. "We'll be encasing you tomorrow, to keep you safe. You have one more flight in store for you, home. But I promise: no worries."

Lifting herself off the 'coffin', she crept towards the plane's door with a parting wave to the Royal Air Force flyer and padded off to her tent for the night. Sometimes she just needed someone to talk to.

Sophie, Joe Kerr, Ivy and 2 others like this.
  4. Spring-Heeled Jack

Spring-Heeled Jack V.I.L.E. Agent

Thief and Urban Legend
    Written with:

The wind had picked up from the east by 09:00, rippling the tents as well as the canvasses covering the exposed canopy and doorway. Ann Tickwittee was troubled by the abrasive breeze as she sat in the shadow of the aircraft’s fuselage, munching on a granola bar prior to further excavation. Loose grains of sand crawled and scattered atop the towel she sat on, and an orange aurora had been visible in the deep morning hours. The archaeologist had routinely radioed in to her favored Iberian contacts, but nothing too concerning had been reported.

The sun was strangely dimming, and as Ann brushed out an unusual confusion of sand particles that had been blown into her hair, she glanced up. The young woman’s yellow-green eyes widened, beholding the churning fog of dust approaching rapidly. She immediately dropped her breakfast.

A short distance away, Spring-Heeled Jack was reclining, watching V.I.L.E.’s natural cover approach rapidly. The true leading edge of the storm, where it could begin obscuring their movements was still a couple minutes away, but plenty of sand was up in the air, and got in his mouth as he smiled. He didn’t care, this was going to be absolutely brilliant. Turning to his co-conspirators, he flipped the red lights within his goggles to high. “The board is set and is ready, and our nerves are all calm and we’re ready. So strike up the band, let’s play in the sand, and make ACME beg mercy already!” He rolled onto his stomach, and braced himself on the dune, preparing to move when the storm edge hit.

Derrin, Joe Kerr, Ivy and 1 other person like this.
  5. Ann

Ann Archaeology Expert

Archaeologist
    Color #:
    A60035
    Ann's boots shunted into the sand as she launched towards the campsite. Black hair streaming in her draft, she clomped between tents and trumpeted, "Sandstorm! Everyone, hurry and grab your vital tools and then get inside the plane! Right now!"

Rounding the stakes of the medical care shelter, she parted the tent's flaps with little fanfare and terminated the power generator's conduction. "Connie, quickly--pack up the facilities and transport it to the aircraft. I'll try to acquire some help. But please: hurry."

Aware of the sixty-meter distance between the medical tent and Tall Glass, the supervisor again made haste to the current residence of Eugene Grovington. Minute flecks of dust spattered against her darkened face as she ran into the incising wind. "Pilot--" She halted, glancing around erratically. "Where is Lee?"

Jade and Eugene like this.
  6. Spring-Heeled Jack

Spring-Heeled Jack V.I.L.E. Agent

Thief and Urban Legend
    With a loud laugh, Spring-Heeled Jack announced his presence on a dune overlooking the camp directly, hunched over like some predatory beast ready to strike. The wind at his back carried his voice down into the encampment, his eyes seeming to glow red as his medium-length cape whipped around him.

With a single leap, he landed at the edge of the camp, letting his eyes scan over the ACMEs there.

"I fear I must stop the evac
    And place you all under attack
    With swirling sand
    Lending a hand
    Your opponent is Spring-Heeled Jack!"

He called out his challenge, spreading his arms wide and rubbing his fingers together, seemingly in anticipation but actually adjusting the mechanism on his legs and back.

Ann likes this.