Eugene

Airfield Staff
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Euge, Earl Jr.
Color #
As the fire crew swept the scene and attacked the remaining embers, Euge did his best to look inconspicuous. Not a mean feat in the wingsuit. While it maintained a sleek and ominous appearance while airborne, the baggy folds of fabric were awkward and cumbersome on the ground. In the crowd of professionally attired women, Euge couldn't have looked more lost and out of place.

His futile attempt at hiding was soon called out by the one person he was hoping not to encounter on this raid, and Euge's attempt to inconspicuously repack the wingsuit ground to a halt.

Afraid to rip your new dress, or can you help me get this debris out of the way?
Glaring darkly at the redhead, Euge decided to bite back any snide comments and instead elected to survey the scene. The debris Ivy indicated were blocked by the charred remains of a table, now nothing more than an ash coated metal frame. Wrapping his hands with the unburnt remains of a table cloth, Euge worked the scrap iron out of the way with a grunt of effort, paying little mind to the shriek of scraping metal.

Mopping his brow with the now ashen fabric, Euge gestured at the cleared doorway. "After you, princess."

Sophie

Medical Staff
Best answers
Color #
C8A2C8
An open path through the restaurant was quickly created by Eugene Grovington and it was not long before Commander Monaghan and Doctor Conrad joined other authorities on the hardstanding tarmac again. Ivy had questions and wasted no time in attempting to rout out the possible reasons for an arsonist to target the Park Chalet and distinguish among possible suspects.

“It must not be someone who frequently does this,” Sophie pointed out the anomalies captured in her amateur attempt at crime-scene photography. “They left quite the trail of evidence.”

“You’re right,” Ivy nodded. She wasn’t an expert on arson, but the crime scene was riddled with clues, “And it looks like the culprit had an easy way in--no signs of forced entry.”

Expanding her field of vision, Ivy could see that the other members of ACME had started the process of taking statements and crowd control. She saw that Derringer and Rose Ningolsham were safe, their heroic efforts currently being praised by a relieved mother. Arsonists, even amateur ones, often stayed within the crowd to watch their work, but the Commander saw no one out of place. The fire, although damaging, was in a rather secluded area and did not seem to attract any casual observers.

Chase Devineaux recognized the light tinge of burned pine among the restaurant’s partial wreckage. There was, in contrast, no real evidence of petroleum accelerants. In a small area like this, anything of that sort would give off some form of odor.

“Our best bet may be to leave debris collection to the labs and have them put it through a GC-MS.”

He knew that was almost unnecessary, the culprit likely didn’t have time to leave the area considering how quickly the authorities had reacted.

“Are we cleared to interview any employees?”

As soon as that was said, attention was brought to a distraught staff member who was one in a group being treated for smoke inhalation. A policeman led them to a middle-aged gentleman, seated at the back of an ambulance, hunched over to breathe out of a high-flow oxygen mask. Remains of the blaze peppered his ruffled hair and smeared across his skin and clothes. His eyes were red and swollen, and Sophie stood aside to examine him with fair sympathy. Chase, however, perceived that the man’s clothes reeked of distilled resin. He stepped forward.

“I’m Chase Devineaux,” he introduced himself.

“Tim,” the seated countered, “Tim Walker.”

“You paint?” the question was pointed.

“Yes,” the man reluctantly replied, “as a hobby.”

“Oils?”

"Yes..." surprise lifted Walker's brow, "how do you know?"

“Turpentine, it’s all over your shirt,” Devineaux hinted to his clothes and then towards the restaurant, “It’s all over the kitchen range too, at least that’s what I’m willing to bet when the chemical analysis comes back.”

Tim Walker looked up at the Director with indirect contrition.

“I worked here for years,” he began slowly, “years...” The story emerged in halting words that became more and more like an outpouring of guilt within a confessional.

With the admission from Timothy Walker and the evidence logged by ACME, there was little to do for the guests and the “party crashers” but to return home and allow more established legal procedures to take place.

In the coming days, the ACME agents responsible for aiding the public and the investigations were commended, and the Bunker Boys’ inventions caught the attention of local news networks, which boosted their standing with Academy’s Board.

While it had curtailed the joyous soirée planned, the fire did end up bonding the women of ACME together in its rather unique way and it was unanimously agreed that a similar event should take place the following year--though, fire safety inspections would be high on the priority list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Is everyone ready for the solar eclipse on April 8th, 2024? :)
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader:
    yes
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Affirmative
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I’m staying inside
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just found a wolf spider in my house. :D
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    one of the GOOD spiders you want around because they eat all the really bad bugs in the house. We put them outside :)
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know there are over 400 species of parrots in the world??
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know David Attenborough was knighted twice? First in 1985, and again in 2002
    • Wow
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Jade and Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    @Lucy ... don't know if you really want wolf spiders in your home... I'd go for jumping spiders, they can't bite... wolf spiders are the fast movers, and they can bite.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    And, jumpers are cute
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((Will lose my ACP internet towards the end of the month, unless anyone knows about it ending sooner. Trying to switch my Lifeline phone to a better provider that doesn't shut me off after four and a half gigs of data, nothing but failure so far and "call here" and "it's on their end" and the back and forth crap... in the morning, it's time to demand the supervisor and might even get to harsh language (after three days of that). I plan to use the Lifeline phone tethered as Internet source, share that to my own router... I've done it before (it's messy, and not 100% effective, but it works). ))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((The 'net is the main way to apply for jobs now, so I need that, and I've moved/changed Lifeline providers before without an issue, so no idea what the problem is. I have active Verizon through ACP, active Lifeline through Airtalk... is that somehow the issue? If anyone knows, please let me know before I tear someone a new one (ya know what I mean). After three days of this, and two days about a month ago, I'm ready to walk there with katana in hand.))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the phone I have (Samsung Galaxy S9... gotten for free through Airtalk... note to anyone: if you choose a nice phone through them, you are locked into a 120 day "commitment" to get the phone for free, and they have a very hard data limit... once you use up your data, they cut you off, point blank.))
    Quote Link
    Jon Eckart Jon Eckart: ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the...