Open Secret Santa 2014!

Discussion in 'Idle Things' started by Zack, Dec 12, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 11 users.
  1. Zack

Zack Agent

Bunker Boy
    Color #:
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
    Ivy, Jade and Julie Justice like this.
  2. Chase

Chase Director

Director of Operations
    Color #:
    First off, this year's luck gave me the chance to be Secret Santa to a good friend. While we don't always do poker nights or rum nights... or barbecue nights... as often anymore, it's nice to look back at these times as a sort of measurement on how far we've come.

Euge, I've given you some good rum before, so I'm going to keep the tradition. This year, I'm throwing in an extra bit, and I'm putting it all in the form of a math equation:

rum-bullets.jpg

Hope you had a decent year, buddy, and here's to more good times to come.

Also... don't bite the ice bullet(s).

Lee, Eugene, Invader and 5 others like this.
  3. Deric Storm

Deric Storm Agent

ACME Agent, Academy Instructor
    Deric Storm threw a 6-faced die for: Total: 3
    Zack, Julie Justice and Ivy like this.
  4. Julie Justice

Julie Justice Agent

ACME Detecive
    Color #:
    White
    I'm not sure when we will start posting these gifts...and I might be busy getting ready (guys, you know how it is with women!! LOL!!) to go to relatives' for dinner, so I gave Zack my gift, to post it for me. Merry Christmas, everyone. :)

Jade, Ivy and Zack like this.
  5. Jade

Jade Writer

Free agent and amateur detective
    Color #:
    0099FF
    Sorry I'm late I just got up already in my time zone. But I'm ready whenever everyone's ready.

Ivy and Zack like this.
  6. Zack

Zack Agent

Bunker Boy
    Color #:
    Ho Ho Ho! Let's get this started! *wears his santa costume* Since @Julie Justice can't be here, she has asked me to deliver her gift.

To @Jade:

Set of 2 Celadon Elephants
    Light jade green color
    Mother & Baby
    Mother 3 1/4 in. W x 4 in. L x 3/4in. H
    Baby 2 in. W x 4 in. L x 1/2 in. H

as7d2_scene7_com_is_image_NationalGeographic_1074785_d02478130a14a331ec306883f4845af7._.jpg

Ivy, Jade and Invader like this.
  7. Zack

Zack Agent

Bunker Boy
    Color #:
    [Posting for @Flag to @Nace Bilby -- Your gift is in the story below.]

@Heather Said:
    (For Nace Bilby. I couldn't figure out a different IC means of getting this to you. ^_^; )

"Yes. There was a tacking number. That was the number I gave you."

"Yes, that is the correct address..."

"But how can it be 'delivered' if the person it was going to hadn't received it."

"No. It's a residence... yes, I paid insurance, I..."

"If I find out who you are, I'm going to stuff you in a blender."

Flag threw his phone across the room as frustration took over. How was it that he could handle face-to-face interactions with the strangest of folks and be fine, but get a single plebian on the phone and he was ready to lose his mind?

He had gone to some length in order to obtain a rare first edition, signed, copy of Call for the Dead by John Le Carre ( Call for the Dead by John Le Carre, First Edition, Gollancz - AbeBooks ) for a client. A wealthy moron that demanded the book be shipped specifically by this company, on this account, to apparently the wrong address - just to avoid a face to face conversation with him.

Flag shook his head. The address on the paperwork matched where it said it was delivered. The old geeser could deal with it from this point on. He was done. "Hope whoever ended up with it, likes their present."

Julie Justice, Lee, Ivy and 3 others like this.
  8. Invader

Invader Writer

AWOL
    Color #:
    0000FF
    Merry Christmas Agent West my gift to you is an indoor nerf gun shooting range. It is fully portable and some of the targets are spring loaded, some swing when you hit them to reveal other targets, some swing on a pendulum. Others move along a track that is fully gravity driven, and trigger others along the way by means of tabs. I thought you would like this if you ever want to target shoot, but are unable to due to weather.

9. Nace Bilby

Nace Bilby Agent

ACME/British Territorial Army
    @Julie Justice would receive her gift, one Nace had bought at one of four places he would regularly frequent, in this case his local bookstore. Having found out the daughter of two law enforcement officers was who he was to serve as a 'Secret Santa' for he had found something he thought appropriate.

The gift of knowledge is always a valued gift, so he giftwrapped the hardcover edition of A Cop's Life: True Stories from Behind the Badge, an anthology of law enforcement stories written by a Las Vegas Police Department sergeant before placing it under the Christmas Tree the ACME Detectives had set up at the office.

Julie Justice and Ivy like this.
  10. Sophie

Sophie Medical Staff

Physician
    Color #:
    86608E
    Ennai SubRosa

51 Morpho Bali-song by Benchmade USA

Giftee. Even though we have only just met, I thank you for how wonderful your company has invariably been. May we have many more summer camps with the Junior Detectives and even more Christmases to share.

Zachary Monaghan

Burroughs Beard Oil by Prospector Co.

Thank you for organising this event year after year. It seemed unfair that you not get a gift, too. May you enjoy many more Movember Novembers! Stay Dapper.

Ivy, Lee, Ennai and 2 others like this.
  11. Invader

Invader Writer

AWOL
    Color #:
    0000FF
    Invader sneaks in and sets mini stockings filled with goodies for everyone around the tree.

Julie Justice, Jade, Ennai and 2 others like this.
  12. Kid Kidman

Kid Kidman V.I.L.E. Agent

Currently named Neb Ulyss
    Color #:
    323E4F
    Kidman didn't really know @Invader well, but from the pictures she saw, the girl looked adorable, fantastical, and really in need of something to hug.

acdn2.bigcommerce.com_server900_ebb63_products_1990_images_130afce018558b7209d0f3cacaa13f5e1fd.jpg

Merry Christmas lil buddy!

Lee, Julie Justice, Heather and 5 others like this.
  13. Ivy

Ivy Commander

Commander
    Color #:
    (There is no way this Secret Santa could work completely IC... so here is a semi-AU version.)

When considering a gift for @Flag, Ivy briefly considered signing him up for a cuddle party so he would soften up, luckily logic prevailed.

To the mysterious man she had met in Kamchatka, only the very practical made sense. Her gift would be a bottle of single malt whiskey and an ear-hiding dark blue fedora. Both items sent with hopes that his current path would keep him out of trouble, though it was highly unlikely.

Heather, Jade, Invader and 1 other person like this.
  14. Jason West

Jason West Agent

Software Developer
    Color #:
    While I know @Lee and I aren't much of the reading type of guys, I found this book to be rather insightful and helpful. I have also tucked within the book a one year gym membership. There is also a small box wrapped up with the book that contains a ai62.photobucket.com_albums_h117_DC_Acidic_MauiBeadBracelet_zps6374db67.jpg . Hope you enjoy it @Lee.

Ivy, Lee, Julie Justice and 2 others like this.
  15. Jade

Jade Writer

Color #:
    0099FF
    That's nice for Julie to give me that (I wish it was a cat statue but it'll do I just put in my house in a safe place on top of the bookcase.)

Anyway I've got a gift for your sister,Zack...

@Ivy I hope you can speak another language because I've got you a DVD-ROM and a CD set of different languages for beginners it's like Rosetta Stone only it's not it's called Level One but it'll do...
    (The languages are Spanish/Latin American,French,Italian,German,Mandarin Chinese,Dutch,Filipino/Tagalog,Greek,Japanese and Portuguese/Brazil )
    I've figure something nice and something logical might come in handy for you.

Ivy and Julie Justice like this.
  16. Ennai

Ennai Agent

Color #:
    #73a9c
    Ennai walked in with a skip in her step, cheeks slightly reddened by the cold, and smiling brightly. She had spent a solid hour wrapping the bottle of whiskey she had bought Chase. It was wrapped in brown paper folded over so that it fit snuggly around the bottle showing clearly that it was liquor. It was ornamented with garland tied on with a course string, with small pine cones and cranberries sewn in. She had topped it with a cheesy plastic Christmas star. "Merry-" she faltered for a moment looking around at the presents already given, and then laughed. "Merry Christmas, guys. Merry Christmas, Chase," she said giving him a cheek kiss and gripping his arm warmly. She held up the bottle and wiggled it, brows raised and grinning sardonically. "Can you guess what I got you?" She handed him the bottle of 40 year-old scotch whiskey. "I swear, this is the only time of the year you guys'll have to deal with me being this sentimental, but I'm really glad I'm here to celebrate with you all."

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
    Ivy, Lee, Zack and 3 others like this.
  17. Jade

Jade Writer

Color #:
    0099FF
    Since I've give Ivy her gift here's a gift for Chase...Just in case of a sandstorm or going undercover(a tactical desert scarf).

a gift for Lee...this will match his choker except it's going to be his wrist (a genuine leather surfer's bracelet with a silver Maui inspired bead)

a gift for Kidman...something to wear for her feet (a pair of sneakers with a pair of socks and a pair of flip-flops)

a gift for Invader...for a book lover I hope she likes Hans Christian Andersen (a charm bracelet that has the Little Mermaid,the snowflake from the Snow Queen,the pea from the Princess and the Pea,the swallow bird from Thumbelina and the heart from the Steadfast Tin Solider).

And for you Zack, your favorite color and food (three flavors of Bacon Jerky: Maple Brown Sugar,Hickory Smoked and Applewood Smoked and a brown silk necktie.)

*As Jade looks at the goodies Invader brought for everybody.* (What goodies did you bring,Invader?)

18. Deric Storm

Deric Storm Agent

ACME Agent, Academy Instructor
    Deric walked into the ACME Medical Center for the first time as a non-patient. He approached the front desk and asked the attendant "Excuse me, is Dr. Conrad available?"

"I'm sorry, Detective," the attendant answered, "she's off for the holiday."

"Figured as much," Deric said, pulling an envelope out of his coat and handing it to the attendant, "could you make sure she gets this when she comes back?"

"Of course."

For all the grief Dr. Conrad put up with on a daily basis as one of ACME's chief physicians, Deric knew she was probably in need of a stress relief. That was why he got her a gift certificate for the "Goddess Treatment" package at Earthbody, a premier day spa in San Francisco.

19. Eugene

Eugene Airfield Staff

Flight Instructor
    Color #:
    For Kidman, I've been trying to devise the best way to deliver a chicken army unto you. *points out the window at a newly built chicken coop*

I tried to get them to sit on the roombas, but they wouldn't cooperate, so... *puts stuffed chickens on top of the roombas*

Sophie, Ivy, Ennai and 3 others like this.
  20. Nace Bilby

Nace Bilby Agent

ACME/British Territorial Army
    Nace headed into his apartment shortly after the mystery parcel from Flagg (@Heather) had arrived. Goliath barked sharply as he arrived.

"Will you bloody relax." Nace commented as he opened the door to see his German Shepherd having woke up during the nap he had taken when Nace had gone outside to call his parents back in South Africa as well as give Molly a quick call when she was in Ukraine.

While he did miss his liefde (Afrikaans for 'my love') while she was gone, he ruefully accepted the axiom absence makes the heart grow fonder. She had gone off to see her grandmother in Ukraine.

She had given him his Christmas present early, having wrapped it and left him a 'Do not open until Christmas' notice with it before she'd left earlier in the week, and smiled about it.

He recalled the goodbye kiss he and Molly had shared before she headed into security and smiled. He opened the first gift, from the mystery sender first, if for nothing else to satiate his curiosity. John Le Carre's Call for the Dead stared back up at him.

He smiled, that would be a cracking good read, a Cold War spy thriller, while he waited for Molly to call back, having gotten her voice mail. She had loved the medium sized angel statue he had bought for her rooftop garden after Goliath had decided to take an extended nap on her flower bed after rolling around in the lavenders.

He turned his attention to the present from @Molly and opened it to find a leather bound copy of the Divine Comedy in both English and Italian.

"Come boy, let's go for a walk." Nace said, as he grabbed Goliath's leash, intending to thank both the anonymous gift giver an his girlfriend for their respective gifts.

(Approved Character Mention: Molly)

Heather, Ivy and Julie Justice like this.