Lost and found

Discussion in 'The Studio' started by Invader, May 31, 2015.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. Invader

Invader Writer

AWOL
    Color #:
    0000FF
    "I will call when it is finished." She said with a Yawn. "I just need some sleep."

With that she settled down, falling asleep watching her friends go to work. Hours passed by without her knowing, while she was in a very deep sleep filled with dreams of home. At around midnight she woke up and found three of the five gems had been finished. Her little friends were very tired, and she instructed them to take a break. They returned to her, and settled down. Using the phone, she called Kaytoh, to let them know some of the gems were done.

2. Kid Kidman

Kid Kidman V.I.L.E. Agent

Currently named Neb Ulyss
    Color #:
    323E4F
    Kidman was halfway through scanning the book when the girl called. Truth be told, she was bored, and while it was a long shot, she decided to try and call Flag again.

3. Invader

Invader Writer

AWOL
    Color #:
    0000FF
    "Hey guys we need two more." Moon child panicked. "You can drain me if need be."

With that the crystals made two more replica gems, and drained Moonchild, causing her to stumble. Setting the gems on a table, she fell to the floor with a thud.

4. Kid Kidman

Color #:
    323E4F
    Kidman placed Moonchild on the bed, where she was supposed to be in the first place, then picked up the gems. Of the bunch it was the red one that interested her the most, but she scooped all of them up into a velvet bag and put them in her pocket.

She only had thirty minutes left before she had to meet Flag, but it would be enough for her to do one last thing.

The woman rolled up her carpet to reveal a runic circle that looked similar to something she had seen in a life past, but this was for a different purpose. She then stood in the centre, activated the torc around her neck, and with a warp and a pop, she disappeared.

Fifteen minutes passed before the air above the circle wavered and Kidman's form took shape again.

She stumbled out from the diagram, haphazardly rolling the carpet back over the circle with her foot as she grabbed another soda from the fridge.

"Warping is hard, man..." Kidman muttered as she put the now fully-scanned and repaired book in her bag. She looked over at Moonchild, still asleep.

"All right, lil mate, I'll be right back."

And with that she left for the coffee shop.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  5. Flag

Flag V.I.L.E. Agent

Color #:
    Flag had taken residence in the corner of the coffee shop about an hour early. He had intended to meet the girls at the same table as before, but the manager remembered the scene from days earlier and requested that he leave. The Sivoan complied, but only by standing out in front of the shop - just outside of the range where the shopkeeper was able to do anything about it.

He wasn’t really surprised when he spotted Kidman alone. “Moon brat ditch already, or is she still passed out?”

6. Kid Kidman

Color #:
    323E4F
    "Oh Flag. Always in a good mood...." Kidman said as she rolled her eyes. "She's passed out. Replication is hard, you know that."

She opened her bag and handed him the book, now fully restored. "I've scanned this thing, in case you want to read it. Scanned the gems too for further study. Might make some copies of my own if they warrant it."

Then she looked at the coffee shop behind him. "Didn't want coffee?"

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  7. Invader

Invader Writer

AWOL
    Color #:
    0000FF
    Moon child woke up with a massive headache, that replication really put her through the wringer. Trying to stand up her legs gave way, causing her to fall. On a whim she decided, to get back in bed. Looking around the gems were gone, she figured that Kaytoh had taken them to the proper owner. Feeling dizzy she lay back down, falling into a dreamless sleep.

8. Flag

Flag V.I.L.E. Agent

Color #:
    “I’ll probably wind up reading it at some point on the trip back. “ He inspected the book a few times over before putting it in his own satchel. The runt had done a decent job at repairing it and he nodded his approval. “If the stones were the only reason that anyone took interested in it, it’s probably just more occult garbage.“ He spun on his heel and started walking away, but stopped long enough to shoot a message over his shoulder. “If it’s anything more than that, I’ll let you know.”

With that said, he waved and was off.

Invader likes this.
  9. Kid Kidman

Color #:
    323E4F
    Kidman smiled as she watched him go, then got back on her bike. She had a tiny person to tend to in the capitol of VILE headquarters, and oh so much more research to do...

Fin

Jade and Invader like this.