Lost and found

Discussion in 'The Studio' started by Invader, May 31, 2015.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. Flag

Flag V.I.L.E. Agent

Color #:
    A0A0A0
    A line had formed at the counter before he had entered, so he took the opportunity to make use of the facilities while he waited for business to slow down. Maybe only about five people had moved forward by the time he was done, so he simply took residence at a table by the window.

He watched Kidman and Moon Child have an awkward discussion of some sort and then head his direction. His eyes were fully on the pair as they approached and he remained perfectly still as his younger compatriot spoke.

“Go on. ”

2. Kid Kidman

Kid Kidman V.I.L.E. Agent

Thief, psychic, and Flag-tracker
    Color #:
    323E4F
    Kidman placed the book on the table. "Apparently a bunch of pages fell out. That much she's given back to me. However..."

She gestured to the empty grooves in the cover where the gems had once been embedded. "The stones seemed to have reacted to her in some way and, from what best I've gathered, are now elsewhere. She says she can make replicas. How discerning is your client and how much time do you have?"

Jade likes this.
  3. Invader

Invader Writer

Janitor
    Color #:
    0000FF
    Moon child was not happy about where this conversion was going, much less where it might take her. A part of her wanted to flee, while the other half urged her to say. Somehow no matter what, things always had worked out in the end. Yes there had been scars, and trials before but she was still here for the time being.

Kid Kidman likes this.
  4. Flag

Flag V.I.L.E. Agent

Color #:
    A0A0A0
    He took a deep breath and pressed his lips together until they were but a thin line and he allowed himself a moment to mull over Kidman’s questions. If he was honest with himself, his client was a buffoon – a buffoon that liked to hold him at gunpoint on the odd occasion and would undoubtedly do so if he returned with such news. It had seemed strange that such a person would be interested in any piece of literature, but the mention of gemstones brought clarity to the order.

Flag released his breath and shifted his gaze to the problematic stranger. “You had a blue stone earlier. I’m assuming you also had the others.“ He leaned across the table. “What did you do with them?”

5. Invader

Invader Writer

Janitor
    Color #:
    0000FF
    "I can try and reverse summon, but that might not work. However they are one of two places, one is my new home area, the other....is.....a..place I would... rather not.... go back to."

With that she sat there staring at the floor, wondering what kind of trouble she had gotten herself into this time.

"If it means anything, I can replicate them, provided my friends cooperate with me." She offered. "Though that might put me out of commission for a few days."

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    Jade likes this.
  6. Kid Kidman

Color #:
    323E4F
    Kidman tapped on the table in thought. "Do you know anything about what these stones do, if they do anything?"

Jade likes this.
  7. Flag

Flag V.I.L.E. Agent

Color #:
    A0A0A0
    Flag couldn’t help but feel as if the universe was mocking him with magic gems and old books. A part of him felt that he should be interested in this for more than the money aspect of it, but like a long-recovered addict, his attention that way was speculative at best.

It did nothing for his patience. “The way that I see it, is that you stole those from my client. I don’t care how you got them. I want them back.”

8. Invader

Invader Writer

Janitor
    Color #:
    0000FF
    Upon hearing that, Moon child shut her eyes, and focused as hard as she could. There was a soft humming sound, and then she felt a sharp pain in her hand. Opening her eyes she saw the red gem, and a bunch of small crystals surrounding it. The crystals were a very deep shade of red, that meant they were very ticked off.

"Oh hell." She said. "That really, made them mad."

Immediately the crystals sent an electric jolt through her arm, causing her to let go of the gem, and crash to the floor clutching her arm.

9. Kid Kidman

Color #:
    323E4F
    "Oh crap, mate! Weren't you supposed to wake them up first or something?" Kidman said as she got down on the floor next to the girl. She wanted to heal her, but the presence of the crystals made her wary, fearful they might interact with her own. Carefully she helped Moonchild back into her chair, then looked at Flag.

"How much time do you have until you need to drop this thing off, or is this a 'you'll-get-it-when-you-get-it' deal?"

10. Flag

Flag V.I.L.E. Agent

Color #:
    A0A0A0
    The ex-sorcerer pinched the bridge of his nose when he saw Moon Child hit the ground. “Honestly… “ How moronic do you have to be not to set up safeguards for shit you know is beyond your abilities?

He watched detachedly as Kidman helped the girl up. “There’s really no rush. I just don’t want her running off on me again.”

11. Invader

Invader Writer

Janitor
    Color #:
    0000FF
    "I have no intentions of leaving." Moon child rasped. "However I am not gonna try that again, doing so will be far worse."

Rubbing her arm the crystals turned to a softer red with a tint of blue to them, that meant they were calming down a bit. At least she had some time now, to figure out what to do next.

"I do know where they are though, they are at a former lab called other world." She explained. "Though I don't know if any of the traps are still armed." "Or I can just replicate the rest, provided I have someplace private to go to."

12. Kid Kidman

Color #:
    323E4F
    Kidman watched the crystals on Moonchild's arm with muted curiosity. On another day she'd ask more about them, but now wasn't the time.

"Flag, is this client proficient in... this sort of thing, or is he just a collector? Because if he's just a collector, replications should be enough to ensure your payment and safety."

13. Flag

Flag V.I.L.E. Agent

Color #:
    A0A0A0
    His expression flattened at the girl’s assurance that she wouldn’t leave, followed by her contradictory request for privacy. The manner in which he wanted to point out this hypocrisy was interrupted by Kidman’s questions and he was almost glad for it. “He’ll probably have a jeweler inspect them. So as long as replication means exact matter structure, lacking magic, It should be fine.”

“Your request for privacy is denied.” Flag narrowed his eyes at Moon Child and gestured toward Kidman” You can leave the shopping district, but wherever you go, she’s going with you.”

14. Invader

Invader Writer

Janitor
    Color #:
    0000FF
    "I accept those terms, I can assure you my friends will be able to perfectly replicate them." She announced. "Do we have a time limit ?"

Letting out a faint sigh, she was a bit annoyed that she could not just take off, but at least going back to the lab was out of the question. That was one place she was not quite ready to go back to yet, well not after her recurrent nightmares. However she was glad, to finally be able to get away from this silver hared man, and hoped he would not further threaten harm.

15. Kid Kidman

Color #:
    323E4F
    Kidman exhaled quietly, grateful her senior was so easy to reason with. That was Flag; a few huge, glaring flaws shadowing a half hundred little blessings. She turned to Moonchild as she stood up. "How long do you need?"

16. Invader

Invader Writer

Janitor
    Color #:
    0000FF
    "I can get them in as little as two days, but that will severely drain me." Moonchild replied. "I don't know how long I will be out so I need someplace I will not be disturbed."

Confidently she knew the crystals will be able to replicate the gems, that was at least a saving grace. Still she wanted to know more about these two, and she needed to let the ACME people know she was ok. Originally she had only meant to be out for a day, but she did not want to endanger them.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  17. Flag

Flag V.I.L.E. Agent

Color #:
    A0A0A0
    Oh now she wants time to prepare. Flag was done and he just waved they whole thing off before standing up. He then walked around the table, leaned in uncomfortably close to the stranger. “Meet me back here, at this time, in two days. If you’re not here, I will have to come find you and trust me, you do not want that.”

With that said, he marched out the door of the coffee shop and down the street to whatever seemed a worthy distraction.

18. Kid Kidman

Color #:
    323E4F
    Kidman watched him go with a frown. 'Jerk...' She didn't particularity relish having to babysit for two days, but she felt bad for the kid. Then she noticed that in his haste, Flag had left behind the red gem Moonchild had summoned. And the book.

"Hmmm...." She said with a growing smile. "Come on. You're coming to my house."

19. Invader

Invader Writer

Janitor
    Color #:
    0000FF
    After he left, she had a very terrible feeling of dread, and wondered how she was gonna pull this one off. Noticing the red gem, Moonchild took it, and planed to use it to replicate the others.

"If you don't mind me asking, who are you?, and is there a phone I could use to let my friends know I am ok. " The girl asked with a shudder.

20. Kid Kidman

Color #:
    323E4F
    "Um, sure, I have a phone." Kidman said as she dug out a smaller prepaid phone from her bag. "And my name's Kaytoh. Pleased to meet you."