Q & A Epic Thanksgiving Meal Time

Ivy

Commander
Best answers
Known Aliases
Iv', Ives
Color #
Answer this as your character: What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish?

Ivy's Answer to get you all started:
Ivy is a fan of desserts more than the dinner aspect, and while pumpkin and apple pies will do in a pinch, her favorite dish has to be a classic cherry pie. Preferably served with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.

Zack

ACME
Best answers
Known Aliases
Zack, Z, Lil'bro, Dan, Zack-Daniels, Bacon
Color #
For Turkey day, my favourite dish is the marshmallow sweet potato casserole that Dad (Liam Monaghan) cooks. When I was a kid he used to add gummy bears, sprinkles, Hershey kisses and chocolate syrup into it to make it extra special. I'm sure my blood sugar went up just smelling it cook.

Patty

Valkyrie
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Patt, Patts, Petite, Amber Cecelia Argos, Valkyrie
Color #
8d8844
I'm tots addicted to these onion rings I used to get from giant white onions when I studied in France during the winter. HUGE treats for Thanksgiving if I get to bring them back to VILE, the onions, and then we batter them up and fry them like medieval times!

Best answers
Color #
White
Hello Everyone,

Well, let's start with dessert, since that was the original question. My favorites are apple pie (because my grandma (mom's mom) made the best apple pie ever...and she knew it, too!! ;)) blueberry, pumpkin (since it's Thanksgiving. Funny thing, I like pumpkin pie, but I don't like sweet potatoes, which is almost the same thing. I blame this on a "texture" thing, because pumpkin pie is always "smooth") and I will always have a bit of cherry pie, and even rhubarb or mincemeat, if someone makes it, although that is my least favorite pie. Yes, most pie is good with ice cream or whipped cream, but it is even better with a nice hunk of sharp cheddar cheese. And let's not forget all the different types of cookies, etc, that people begin making this time of year. My younger cousin's husband also makes a New York style cheesecake and a pecan pie that are both very good!! And for Thanksgiving and Christmas, my one aunt makes mille feuille (Napolean , a French pastry, the exact origin of which is unknown. The modern form was influenced by improvements on the Marie Antonie Careme). My aunt makes them with 3 layers of puff pastry, with alternating layers of custard and chocolate. Very good!!

Now, when it comes to Thanksgiving (or any meal, for that matter) I like the meal itself just as much as dessert. If the turkey is really good, the dark meat is just as good as the white meat. In fact, I think the dark meat seems to be a bit more juicy. I love really good stuffing (dressing) and really good mashed potatoes, with or without gravy (I love just about anything made with potatoes...I blame that on my inner Irishness. As I type this, it is giving me the red "underline" indicating that "Irishness" isn't a "real" word. But I don't care. That is the best way to say it!! Hahaha.) I basically like all kinds of food and and side-dishes, and I'm very spoiled, because all the women and some of the men in my family are very good cooks. So I reserve the right to come back and "Edit" this post before Thanksgiving!! LOL!! And now, I'm hungry!! LOL!! :)

Last edited:
Best answers
Color #
White
I'm tots addicted to these onion rings I used to get from giant white onions when I studied in France during the winter. HUGE treats for Thanksgiving if I get to bring them back to VILE, the onions, and then we batter them up and fry them like medieval times!
Hello Patty. Those onion rings sound really good!! Can you send me some, or is that breaking some kind of rule, since you make them at VILE? !! LOL!! ;)

Chase

Director
Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
Boss (situational)
Color #
When I was a child, my grandmother had me help dice up potatoes on Thanksgiving for a very simple Potatoes Parmentier -- of course, I say 'simple' but there are some things only Grandma could make. Nothing in it but cubed potatoes sauteed in butter with a little rosemary, parsley, sea salt and pepper. Then oven baked until lightly golden.

Best answers
Color #
White
Hello Everyone.

Just thought that I would take a minute, and check in with my ACME friends. Got home a while ago from my uncle (my mom's brother) and aunt's house. We did get a little snow. Maybe a few inches. Just enough to make things look pretty for people that already have their Christmas lights up, but we live fairly close to them, so getting there was easy enough.

It was nice to see family and friends again. We even met my younger cousin's girlfriend, who seems very nice.

The food was fairly good, as expected, but the turkey seemed a tiny bit dry...even the dark meat, which was a bit surprising. My uncle made an apple pie that was almost as good as my grandma's...but considering how good her pies were...that is actually a compliment...not an insult at all!! LOL!! :) I think my uncle said the way he remembered it, she used to put raw, cut apple slices in with all the other ingredients and the apples would just literally cook in the pie, but he couldn't find her recipe, and all the other recipes he looked at told you to cook your apples first.So even though the flavor was the same, the consistency was like a very firm applesauce. But the crust was also very good, which is also important. So I think that grandma would have approved!! LOL!! Maybe we can convince him to "try again" for Christmas!! LOL!!

Anyway, I hope everyone had a great day!! :)

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Is everyone ready for the solar eclipse on April 8th, 2024? :)
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader:
    yes
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Affirmative
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I’m staying inside
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just found a wolf spider in my house. :D
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    one of the GOOD spiders you want around because they eat all the really bad bugs in the house. We put them outside :)
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know there are over 400 species of parrots in the world??
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know David Attenborough was knighted twice? First in 1985, and again in 2002
    • Wow
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Jade and Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    @Lucy ... don't know if you really want wolf spiders in your home... I'd go for jumping spiders, they can't bite... wolf spiders are the fast movers, and they can bite.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    And, jumpers are cute
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((Will lose my ACP internet towards the end of the month, unless anyone knows about it ending sooner. Trying to switch my Lifeline phone to a better provider that doesn't shut me off after four and a half gigs of data, nothing but failure so far and "call here" and "it's on their end" and the back and forth crap... in the morning, it's time to demand the supervisor and might even get to harsh language (after three days of that). I plan to use the Lifeline phone tethered as Internet source, share that to my own router... I've done it before (it's messy, and not 100% effective, but it works). ))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((The 'net is the main way to apply for jobs now, so I need that, and I've moved/changed Lifeline providers before without an issue, so no idea what the problem is. I have active Verizon through ACP, active Lifeline through Airtalk... is that somehow the issue? If anyone knows, please let me know before I tear someone a new one (ya know what I mean). After three days of this, and two days about a month ago, I'm ready to walk there with katana in hand.))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the phone I have (Samsung Galaxy S9... gotten for free through Airtalk... note to anyone: if you choose a nice phone through them, you are locked into a 120 day "commitment" to get the phone for free, and they have a very hard data limit... once you use up your data, they cut you off, point blank.))
    Quote Link
    Jon Eckart Jon Eckart: ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the...