Best answers
AMA
findcarmen.com
Known Aliases
The kid, laundry room ghost.
Color #
0000FF
A lounge scene.
I have permission from Natalee to write their person in, this is how Invader started to get her name again. This came out of a IC chat one night and just stuck with me.

It is a quiet time in the lounge, it is deserted except for Invader who is sleeping on a nearby couch. Despite being asleep she clutches the amulet of names, that will reveal whom she is hopefully soon. It was given to her in a dream by the many feathered wind, a creature of her home world. However she was only given the vaguest of instructions, and more riddles about how long it would take her to know her name. There was the remote possibility, that she might never have her true name again. That was a tiny doubt that never made itself herd, though it lingered in the back of her mind.

Derrin enters the room, it has been a long day and she could use a quiet evening. She notices the figure on the sofa curled up in her sleep. They appear to be curled up on exactly one cushion, but don't seem to be cold. Felling sorry for them she rummages around and finds a quit, then drapes it over the sleeping figure. There is not much known about them, as far as ACME is concerned they are a ghost. They exist nowhere, and there is no evidence of them ever being a part of this world. What they do know is that they are from a lab, that no longer exists having been destroyed in a fire.

Ever so slowly they have been warming up to those around them, though a touch of wariness remains. As Derrin watches, the figure in her sleep makes a nest out of the quilt. They can see them slightly moving , though they can't tell if it is a dream or nightmare they are experiencing. At the same time the amulet of names is softly glowing, but it is to faint to be seen by human eyes. A single letter forms within the amulet, though the sleeper has yet to know of it. Eventually the figure burrows into the quit, to the point where you can't tell where the sleeper ends, and the quilt begins.

Watching Derrin seems rather pleased that the figures breathing, is now a much less erratic rate. However they decide to set near them, just in case they wake up and want to talk. From what they have observed they are a rather wary, but kind soul who is finally opened up. Once they have gotten to know someone, they can be quite affectionate. However they don't seem to know when to take it easy, and often push themselves beyond their limits. That often winds up with them sleeping in the oddest places. However they can tell they have a big heart, and have not lost any kindness despite what they have gone through.

Eventually they leave the lunge, not noticing that Invader has woken up, and stares at the amulet. That small random act of kindness has finally activated it. The fear of never knowing her name again, falls from her in a silent whisper. Not knowing whom had done the kind act she writes a letter, thanking them for the small act. With nothing else to do they fold the quit up and put it back to where it came from. Silently they make their way back to the basement and drift off into a peaceful sleep.

Latest posts

Latest threads

New Journals

Neutral Grounds
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Is everyone ready for the solar eclipse on April 8th, 2024? :)
    Quote Link
  • Invader Invader:
    yes
    Quote Link
  • Tenchi Masaki Tenchi Masaki:
    Affirmative
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Laverna Laverna:
    I’m staying inside
    Reactions: Lucy
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    I just found a wolf spider in my house. :D
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    one of the GOOD spiders you want around because they eat all the really bad bugs in the house. We put them outside :)
    Reactions: Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know there are over 400 species of parrots in the world??
    Quote Link
  • Lucy Lucy:
    Did you know David Attenborough was knighted twice? First in 1985, and again in 2002
    • Wow
    • Interesting
    Reactions: Jade and Tenchi Masaki
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    @Lucy ... don't know if you really want wolf spiders in your home... I'd go for jumping spiders, they can't bite... wolf spiders are the fast movers, and they can bite.
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    And, jumpers are cute
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((Will lose my ACP internet towards the end of the month, unless anyone knows about it ending sooner. Trying to switch my Lifeline phone to a better provider that doesn't shut me off after four and a half gigs of data, nothing but failure so far and "call here" and "it's on their end" and the back and forth crap... in the morning, it's time to demand the supervisor and might even get to harsh language (after three days of that). I plan to use the Lifeline phone tethered as Internet source, share that to my own router... I've done it before (it's messy, and not 100% effective, but it works). ))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((The 'net is the main way to apply for jobs now, so I need that, and I've moved/changed Lifeline providers before without an issue, so no idea what the problem is. I have active Verizon through ACP, active Lifeline through Airtalk... is that somehow the issue? If anyone knows, please let me know before I tear someone a new one (ya know what I mean). After three days of this, and two days about a month ago, I'm ready to walk there with katana in hand.))
    Quote Link
  • Jon Eckart Jon Eckart:
    ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the phone I have (Samsung Galaxy S9... gotten for free through Airtalk... note to anyone: if you choose a nice phone through them, you are locked into a 120 day "commitment" to get the phone for free, and they have a very hard data limit... once you use up your data, they cut you off, point blank.))
    Quote Link
    Jon Eckart Jon Eckart: ((And, thoughout this process, I want to port my number (have the info for that) and use the...